[KSPedia 1.9.1+] Planet Wiki v4.1 - May 20, 2020

jandcando

7 hours ago, jandcando said:

I just got around to checking my numbers, and I'm not sure what you mean. The dV to get there matches up with the values on Kowgan's latest map. Keep in mind that unlike the dV totals on Kowgan's map, I am including the maximum plane change possible into the summation.

That might be part of what I saw, but Kebin's LKO shows 3400 while yours says 3200 (and from personal experience, 3200 would be really pushing it).  I'm assuming Take Off/Landing means dV to LKO, it's unclear.

EDIT: Yep, looking at it again and adding in the max plane change, the only one I see that doesn't match is LKO.  Which is a little funny because all of those "deltaV to get there" entries must be using 3400 as a base, or they wouldn't add up.

Edited by Alshain

8 hours ago, Alshain said:

That might be part of what I saw, but Kebin's LKO shows 3400 while yours says 3200 (and from personal experience, 3200 would be really pushing it).  I'm assuming Take Off/Landing means dV to LKO, it's unclear.

EDIT: Yep, looking at it again and adding in the max plane change, the only one I see that doesn't match is LKO.  Which is a little funny because all of those "deltaV to get there" entries must be using 3400 as a base, or they wouldn't add up.

It would seem that is just a blatant typo, then. Thanks for double-checking those numbers! I'll have that typo fixed in the next release.

I'm making slow but steady progress on the Outer Planets Mod version of Planet Wiki. So far, I have the Sarnus system's pages 100% complete. I'm also aware that I need to go back and modify all the stock planet science multipliers, since OPM does some re-balancing.

Here is a screenshot:

1j9mGKO.png

1 minute ago, radonek said:

idea: how about having height data graphed as a ribbon at page edge? not only my favourite warp levels, you could put there moon orbits, atmosphere, lo/hi science levels…

I actually really like that idea! Let me do some re-arranging to see where I can make if fit. Brb...

2 minutes ago, radonek said:

Soooo, I took it as fun way to play a bit with gnuplot and I dare to say it looks workable in log scale:

kerbin.svg

Ok so I moved some things around, and I made room for a white bar along the side that can later be used to put a much nicer graph like yours! I'm going to finish the OPM version the way I've been doing it, and then I'll work on a version that uses this graphing scheme since it is much more consice!

Here is my space-making skillz:

JuNtc73.png

I've just hit a bit of a speed bump- the delta-v maps for OPM seem to be outdated, since they have the "low orbit" of Urlum being inside of its atmosphere, and Karen isn't there. I'll have to do some math on these... time break out my old spreadsheet.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I just finished the Outer Planets Mod edition of Planet Wiki! I am confident that all the data is accurate except for the delta-v values. To get those, I blindly followed this delta-v map, which is outdated. This means that the delta-v values, especially those for Karen, might not be totally right, but I think they are good guesstimates. Expect a download in the next hour!

• 5 weeks later...
8 hours ago, drtedastro said:

ok, simple one here, how to install this?

never worked with this type of 'mod' update.  

I looked through previous pages, might have missed the 'how to', but long day.

any help would be great.

Install it just like any other mod: extract the contents of GameData in the mod zip file, and move it to your game's GameData folder. As long as planetwikiv3.ksp is anywhere in your GameData folder, it will work.

3 minutes ago, amarius1 said:

Hey could you explain me how did you do this?

How do the files look before you pack them into the .ksp format and how do you pack and unpack .ksp format? I'm looking to add something like this to my Kerbol Origins too.

Head on over to @DMagic's guide. He explains it better than I ever could.

Instead of a link to Curse (which everyone loves to hate), why not link to curseforge, which has no ads or delays? So, use this:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/planet-wiki

instead of this:

http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/246471-planet-wiki

Aside from that, good job! I hoped somebody would do this, and you did! :)

2 hours ago, Poodmund said:

@jandcando - Here are the source files to the OPM KSPedia that I created. It may be handy for you,

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gdtb918r59o4qg/KSPediaOPM.zip?dl=0

Thank you so much, these planet photos will let me get rid of those ugly black box borders around the current pictures!

2 hours ago, Kerbart said:

Instead of a link to Curse (which everyone loves to hate), why not link to curseforge, which has no ads or delays? So, use this:

https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/planet-wiki

instead of this:

http://mods.curse.com/ksp-mods/kerbal/246471-planet-wiki

Aside from that, good job! I hoped somebody would do this, and you did! :)

Thanks for the tip, I'll change that right away!

• 4 weeks later...

I love this mod I wish there were more that make use of the .ksp system.

It also works in 1.2 pre but now it's on top of the list wich is strange but doesn't stop it from working, in case someone wondered.

Thanks for this mod.

Are there any other mods like this out there??

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.