Andem

Steam or Store?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. Steam or Store instability?

• Store - Frequent Crashes
    • Steam - Frequent Crashes
    • Store - Few Crashes
    • Steam Few Crashes

Hm, I'm assuming you want to determine whether installing the game through the store vs steam has an effect on crashing, correct? If so, you need to pair your poll results in order to draw any conclusions about the relationship between crashing and installation method. Might I suggest changing the poll to this instead?

1. I installed KSP via the KSP Store and my game crashes frequently
  2. I installed KSP via the KSP Store and my game does not crash frequently
  3. I installed KSP via Steam and my game crashes frequently
  4. I installed KSP via Steam and my game does not crash frequently

7 minutes ago, Xavven said:

Hm, I'm assuming you want to determine whether installing the game through the store vs steam has an effect on crashing, correct? If so, you need to pair your poll results in order to draw any conclusions about the relationship between crashing and installation method. Might I suggest changing the poll to this instead?

1. I installed KSP via the KSP Store and my game crashes frequently
  2. I installed KSP via the KSP Store and my game does not crash frequently
  3. I installed KSP via Steam and my game crashes frequently
  4. I installed KSP via Steam and my game does not crash frequently

Yeah, I suppose I should change that...

8 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

Must we poll everything? Perhaps we could at least create a separate place specifically for polling, so we don't get so cluttered with polls here. I can't take two steps in this dang forum without tripping over a poll.

This is General Discussion. That's literally the plce for such polls and posts. And it's not like you'd find particularly specialized or in-depth thematic posts here even in the absence of polls - for those you'd have to go to the dedicated thematic subforums. Where there are also a lot less polls.

3 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

This is General Discussion. That's literally the plce for such polls and posts. And it's not like you'd find particularly specialized or in-depth thematic posts here even in the absence of polls - for those you'd have to go to the dedicated thematic subforums. Where there are also a lot less polls.

I just think we're abusing the polls just a little bit. I almost wish there were at least a poll toll. If you don't pay a toll, you don't get to poll. If only there were an efficient way of finding out how many people around here would support a poll toll....

1 hour ago, EliasDanger said:

I just think we're abusing the polls just a little bit. I almost wish there were at least a poll toll. If you don't pay a toll, you don't get to poll. If only there were an efficient way of finding out how many people around here would support a poll toll....

Poll toll?

115585900_640.jpg

I installed via Steam and then copied the files to another directory and run from that directory. Half the time, Steam is running in the background and half the time it's not, but it never knows that I'm running KSP.

So I answered "Steam" but begrudgingly.

I only have crashes when there's a particularly explosive staging/ascent/reentry, spend too long in the VAB, leave it be for a few minutes w/o doing anything, or build a rocket that's too big.

Most of my problems comes from bad lag.

Otherwise, it runs just fine, but it is stressful doing big manned stuff, because I don't know if it's going to just lag, or crash at an important moment, so quicksave is my very best friend.

But I hope that those who get more frequent crashes gets it fixed soon, in all cases, fly carefully! :cool:

Edited by Spaceception

Look, If the only reason you are here is to complain about polls, you can leave. And please don't come back. If you actually want to be helpful and give real information, great! Stay, and don't be cluttering up the thread with useless noise.

29 minutes ago, CliftonM said:

Please allow us to select multiple options.  I have both Steam and the store...

Choose the one that is more stable, please. If they are the same, pick either.

29 minutes ago, Spartwo said:

I use steam to download but yank the folder out onto my desktop after every update. Best of both.

I have learnde from a few of my Steam friends that simply pulling out the folder isn't enough to disconnect it from steam, It will still send little "popups" to your friends even if it is removed from the file path.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.