Make your own custom parts in game

I just want to address the issue behind this whole thread, the idea that mods arent the solution because console players cannot use them. It would be useful if something similar to CKAN existed for consoles. Essentially it would be a library of mods that console players could access through a program that is packaged with KSP and run through the launcher. It would allow them to download and install mods that were part of the library, and mods could be added via a system similar to how spacedock adds mods to ckan.

The process I have in mind works as follows:

A web or client service creates a JSON file from info about the mod given to it. It then creates a pull request on a github repo for the library, containing the JSON. This will be done on each mod pending addition to the library. A number of either volunteers or squad employees can complete(merge) the request after the mod author has given approval.

I would appreciate constructive criticism, as I just came up with this idea.

Edited by DeltaDizzy

1 minute ago, DeltaDizzy said:

I just want to address the issue behind this whole thread. It would be useful if something similar to CKAN existed for consoles. Essentially it would be a library of mods that console players could access through a program that is packaged with KSP and run through the launcher. It would allow them to download and install mods that were part of the library, and mods could be added via a system similar to how spacedock adds mods to ckan.

The process I have in mind works as follows:

A web or client service creates a JSON file from info about the mod given to it. It then creates a pull request on a github repo for the library, containing the JSON. This will be done on each mod pending addition to the library. A number of either volunteers or squad employees can complete(merge) the request after the mod author has given approval.

I would appreciate constructive criticism, as I just came up with this idea.

Console can surf the internet

If the KSP team posted console ports of the mod...

It might work 

1 minute ago, Cheif Operations Director said:

Console can surf the internet

If the KSP team posted console ports of the mod...

It might work 

:D

this is all based on the idea that the console version loads parts essentially the same way as pc. if it dosent, then this whole idea falls flat on its face.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.