Screenshots Re-Imagined [GROUP THINGY NOW]

HazelPine

1 hour ago, legoclone09 said:

Sure you don't want it in space? Or do you want it in the hangar being prepper for flight?

The hanger's perfect (without the UI). I quite like the idea of it being prepped for its first launch...

Oh, and it's supposed to be a boat, if that's not immediately clear from the picture.

Ok, I updated the OP finally! I believe I'll be doing @Speeding Mullet's drawing tomorrow, so, do you want any extra details or anything? And/or a speedpaint video? I can't remember. :sticktongue:

EDIT: Also fixed the waiting list! I noticed I somehow forgot about @Bloojay's request, so that is now fixed! You're after Mullet!

Edited by Pine

On ‎23‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:49 AM, Pine said:

so, do you want any extra details or anything? And/or a speedpaint video? I can't remember.

As you like basically @Pine feel free to speed paint or not, and extra details just do what ever you like also.  I'm sure whatever you do is going to be awesome!!

SM

Edited by Speeding Mullet
spelling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/25/2016 at 0:38 PM, LaytheDragon said:

@Stongduke I have re-imagined your drawing for you! @Pine will still eventually get to do the same drawing in his style, but in the meantime, enjoy this hopefully similarly-but-differently-styled re-imagined drawing!

YYZLCmi.png

I spruced up the battery with a CommNet Display (like that being added in 1.2 to the HUD) and Battery Indicator, among other things in the re-imagined style

MoreStars Edition (no reflected light from Kerbin and Mun acting as light pollution preventing star visibilty, even though I was already lenient with this): http://i.imgur.com/vwpNDvq.png

@Pine Mind adding me to the list of contributers?

Edit: Feel free to criticize my drawings to help me get better (such as how bad I am at drawing gravioli detectors and barometers) :wink: 

Thank you so much man!

@Speeding Mullet, I have finished your drawing! Since you left me on my own in terms of details and stuff, I decided to experiment a bit with the lighting on your drawing! I believe I'll be using this new lighting technique on all future drawings since it's way more flexible than the other way I did it, and it also lets me do some pretty cool stuff by hiding certain layers:

Spoiler

CwSD3obWAAAj_JE.jpg

Behold the sketchup model of your Shuttle!

I don't know if I'll do the smooth shadows though, it'll depend on what people prefer since I like both shadow styles.

Here's the actual drawing! Hope you like it! Holiday's less than 2 months away, so I'm really excited to soon be able to burn through dozens of drawings and not have to worry about school!

x2pdfyP.png

Link will be sent for the backup link! I also recorded a speedpaint of it, but you'll have to wait 'till the weekend for me to edit it.

Edited by Pine

5 hours ago, Pine said:

@Speeding Mullet, I have finished your drawing! Since you left me on my own in terms of details and stuff, I decided to experiment a bit with the lighting on your drawing! I believe I'll be using this new lighting technique on all future drawings since it's way more flexible than the other way I did it, and it also lets me do some pretty cool stuff by hiding certain layers:

Hide contents

CwSD3obWAAAj_JE.jpg

Behold the sketchup model of your Shuttle!

I don't know if I'll do the smooth shadows though, it'll depend on what people prefer since I like both shadow styles.

Here's the actual drawing! Hope you like it! Holiday's less than 2 months away, so I'm really excited to soon be able to burn through dozens of drawings and not have to worry about school!

x2pdfyP.png

Link will be sent for the backup link! I also recorded a speedpaint of it, but you'll have to wait 'till the weekend for me to edit it.

Another great drawing by Pine! The RCS plumes are gorgeous.

That lighting technique looks almost exactly like the way I light my drawings! (which has the shadows and lights in separate layers (I overuse layer functionality for all sorts of useful reasons))) The exception being yours are more transparent/less dark. Do you mind sharing your methods of creating the atmosphere's look? I am currently trying to draw better atmospheres up close, and I want to know how different your method there is.

Edit: By the way, could you please add my most-recent drawing to the OP as requested when you add yours to it?

Edited by LaytheDragon

@LaytheDragon, I'll add your drawing as soon as I get to my PC! 

The video for the drawing will be out this weekend, so you'll be able to see how I did the atmosphere, but there's no reason to not explain now. Basically, I set a very dark blue at low opacity and colored around the edges of the planet,  and layered it with lighter shades of blue, being careful to leave a little bit of the darker tones showing. After that, I used the unfocus brush and unfocused it until it looked about right. Hope that helps you a bit!

1 hour ago, Pine said:

@LaytheDragon, I'll add your drawing as soon as I get to my PC! 

The video for the drawing will be out this weekend, so you'll be able to see how I did the atmosphere, but there's no reason to not explain now. Basically, I set a very dark blue at low opacity and colored around the edges of the planet,  and layered it with lighter shades of blue, being careful to leave a little bit of the darker tones showing. After that, I used the unfocus brush and unfocused it until it looked about right. Hope that helps you a bit!

Thanks, that does help :). That is basically what I partially expected, minus the use of an unfocus tool, as I had no idea how you got a blurred haze effect, that makes it look much different and better from what I've made myself with a semi-transparent haze layer and horizon glow (the only atmosphere I have gotten to appear to have haze up close was without any focus tools and by complete accident in a more complicated way that I don't know if I can replicate, while playing around with layer modes after failing to do a method not unlike the one described by you (minus the unfocusing part, thus the failure) by myself a few days ago. Thus, I thank you for your help. How must I return the favor of your re-imagining of my screenshot awhile and this help combined?).

23 hours ago, Pine said:

I have finished your drawing!

@PineI just wanted to check in very quickly to say that this is absolutely incredible, and I love it.  Unfortunately I've been in a car accident (not my fault) and all my energy is going to into sorting it quickly so I can get back to work.  I'll check in once I'm back on 4 wheels :)

SM

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.