Screenshots Re-Imagined [GROUP THINGY NOW]

HazelPine

@TedwinKnockman66 Nice! I'm also working on a drawing on my phone but it ran out of battery. Whoops :P 

Edit: 

I recharged my phone, and since I'm not sure how to embed pictures on mobile, here's the link: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/0cTXM

As you can see, the kerbal definitely needs work. Overall I'm happy though :) 

Edited by TheEpicSquared

4 hours ago, TheEpicSquared said:

@TedwinKnockman66 Nice! I'm also working on a drawing on my phone but it ran out of battery. Whoops :P 

Edit: 

I recharged my phone, and since I'm not sure how to embed pictures on mobile, here's the link: http://m.imgur.com/gallery/0cTXM

As you can see, the kerbal definitely needs work. Overall I'm happy though :) 

Heh! That's remind me SSTV image from Duna, So not bad work, If you need a tutorials i can give a link: http://www.ctrlpaint.com/library/

Edited by TedwinKnockman66

On 8/15/2016 at 1:05 PM, Andem said:

Would you kindly?

I really like that one, Andem. Would you mind if I did it for you?

EDIT: Already done! Couldn't get Kerbin's atmosphere in there, don't know how to do transparency in pixlr, but here it is! I'll PM you a link in Google Drive to it also.
wBU5nQO.png

Edited by legoclone09

I dont want to be a part of the group doing re-imagined screenshots, however i had a few minutes to play around and did this :) not as good as @Pine 

Original
WPxFnV8.png

and re-imagined
TqAbdMi.png

i think it goes without saying, but i did not draw this, I just messed around with filters lol

Edited by Galileo

Hey guys, just thought I'd let everyone know I fixed the OP. Everything is pretty now, and all contributors so far are in there, along with their art! Which reminds me, can you guys look at it and see if the image names need changing? Some of them didn't have a title, so I gave them a generic one based off of your post. :P

2 hours ago, legoclone09 said:

Already done! Couldn't get Kerbin's atmosphere in there, don't know how to do transparency in pixlr,

(even though by now you have drawn a non-transparent atmosphere) Use GIMP. I used to use pixlr, and converted to GIMP (originally for countryballs, which I couldn't make at all in pixlr but could do well in GIMP). It works very well for drawings in my opinion (such as http://i.imgur.com/JzJDkV4.png, where the transparency on some things is clearly visible. You can draw with a brush set to a transparency value, or just change the transparency of an entire layer).

Speaking of GIMP and drawings, @Pine's video on re-imagining my screenshot made me realize what the use of the "Ink" tool on GIMP is, despite @Pine not using GIMP! It was a tool I previously had deemed "useless" before now. I tried adding something onto a more-realistic-styled drawing of Jool and Laythe I made earlier in the week, and created this, which I turned into this.

Knowing the use of that tool and seeing the openings for re-imaginers on this thread, I started to re-imagine someone's screenshot! The re-imagining style is clearly different than my other styles and resembles @Pine's in a way because I used the same tracing method with the same type of brush, but still works for me too!I guess now I have three planetary styles. 

Currently, the screenshot I decided to re-imagine, unfinished looks like this: 1NMsrDW.png

I left off coloring the battery, which has a battery indicator, along with a small CommNet display that will resemble what is being put into the top right corner in 1.2.

Also @Pine the new OP doesn't include your speedpaint videos.

21 minutes ago, LaytheDragon said:

(even though by now you have drawn a non-transparent atmosphere) Use GIMP. I used to use pixlr, and converted to GIMP (originally for countryballs, which I couldn't make at all in pixlr but could do well in GIMP). It works very well for drawings in my opinion (such as http://i.imgur.com/JzJDkV4.png, where the transparency on some things is clearly visible. You can draw with a brush set to a transparency value, or just change the transparency of an entire layer).

Speaking of GIMP and drawings, @Pine's video on re-imagining my screenshot made me realize what the use of the "Ink" tool on GIMP is, despite @Pine not using GIMP! It was a tool I previously had deemed "useless" before now. I tried adding something onto a more-realistic-styled drawing of Jool and Laythe I made earlier in the week, and created this, which I turned into this.

Knowing the use of that tool and seeing the openings for re-imaginers on this thread, I started to re-imagine someone's screenshot! The re-imagining style is clearly different than my other styles and resembles @Pine's in a way because I used the same tracing method with the same type of brush, but still works for me too!I guess now I have three planetary styles. 

Currently, the screenshot I decided to re-imagine, unfinished looks like this: 

I left off coloring the battery, which has a battery indicator, along with a small CommNet display that will resemble what is being put into the top right corner in 1.2.

Also @Pine the new OP doesn't include your speedpaint videos.

Alright, I'll try out GIMP! I have had it installed for a while, so I'll learn it soon.

@Pine Also the 'Another Thing' is an Atlas V liftoff, so you can call it that.

Edited by legoclone09

Added my speedpaints back to the OP (thanks for reminding me @LaytheDragon!) and added a new contributor! Welcome to the fun, @Andem! Hope you enjoy!

EDIT: Fixed the name for you, @legoclone09!

EDIT 2: I think I'm going to re-imagine another personal screenshot soon! Hope nobody minds it!

Edited by Pine

Ok. I haven't done anyone else's yet, but I just finished one of my own (albeit at a different angle) but my scanner/printer broke. Until I can borrow someone else's scanner, the camera will have to do. Unfortunately, it won't focus very well...

vYdUi30.jpg
Yes, it's on notebook paper. I got bored at school. Also, just for reference, it's called "Intrepid" because that big ship is called "Intrepid."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.