[Minimum KSP version 1.11] Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) v2.3

IgorZ

@IgorZ

Is there any reason why I am seeing multiple copies of the KSPDev_Utils.1.2.dll file in different mods?

I am looking into an issue with another mod, and I found this file in the following mod directories:

• ./GameData/EasyVesselSwitch/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.1.2.dll
  • ./GameData/KAS/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.1.2.dll
  • ./GameData/KSPDev/LogConsole/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.1.2.dll

Also, I see in the KSPDev_Utils directory, there is also a 1.1 dll:

• ./GameData/KIS/Plugins/KSPDev_Utils.1.1.dll

This library is shipped with the mods that use it. It's ok to have multiple copies in the game. Only one of each version will be loaded in the runtime.

Edited by IgorZ

• 3 months later...
21 hours ago, Dizor said:

Hi @IgorZ, it would be nice if you inject this new feature from my EasyBoard mod into yours Easy Vessel Switch. I did not know about your mod when implementing this feature (thanks to @Wyzard for pointing to EVS). I think that your EVS is the right place for this ;)

Hello. This feature looks reasonable for EVS. Thanks for the suggestion! I've created a feature request.

• 2 months later...

2.0 (October 23rd, 2019)

• [Change] KSP 1.8 compatibility. WARNING Mod versions of v2.0 and higher are not compatible to KSP versions prior to 1.8!
  • [Change] Upgrade to C# .Net 4.5.
  • [Enhancement] Add Chinese Simplified localization.
  • [Enhancement] Add French localization. And fixing some doc strings.

• 4 months later...

2.1 (March, 3rd, 2020)

• [Change] Switch to C# compiler v6.0.
  • [Change] Set maximum KSP version to 1.99 due to now Squad team increases the minor part on any release, except a bugfix one (and it's the right way to treat versions!).
  • [Enhancement] Fixing typos in the default localization strings descriptions.

P.S. Not yet available on CurseForge. They are historically behind the KSP release schedule :( 

• 3 months later...

Is this still meant to be the thread for EVS, or is there a newer one that I'm missing? It clearly hasn't been active in a while.

I'm having some trouble with EVS, and was hoping to perhaps get a little help.

4 hours ago, Tokamak said:

Is this still meant to be the thread for EVS, or is there a newer one that I'm missing? It clearly hasn't been active in a while.

I'm having some trouble with EVS, and was hoping to perhaps get a little help.

This is still the current thread.  It's been updated since 1.9.1 came out and no one's reported problems since the last update. I haven't noticed any problems and I use it frequently in 1.9.1.

4 hours ago, Tonka Crash said:

This is still the current thread.  It's been updated since 1.9.1 came out and no one's reported problems since the last update. I haven't noticed any problems and I use it frequently in 1.9.1.

Okee. I just wanted to make sure, since the forum was giving me that canned warning that the thread was old, and I probably didn't want to add to it.

That said, my problem went away as mysteriously as it came, so there's nothing to ask for help for. XD

If anyone is curious later, or it comes up again, the problem was just one of EVS functionality seeming to disappear and take a vacation. Holding alt no longer gave the mouseover text, and alt-clicking on a vessel no longer switched vessels. It survived for multiple restarts of KSP, and then abruptly started working again, in the middle of a game session. XD It if happens again I'll provide logs and stuff.

Handy little mod, though! My one glitch notwithstanding.

On 6/22/2020 at 7:59 PM, Tokamak said:

If anyone is curious later, or it comes up again, the problem was just one of EVS functionality seeming to disappear and take a vacation. Holding alt no longer gave the mouseover text, and alt-clicking on a vessel no longer switched vessels. It survived for multiple restarts of KSP, and then abruptly started working again, in the middle of a game session. XD It if happens again I'll provide logs and stuff.

There was a version where it go broken due to the Unity update. It was fixed then. If you install your mods via CKAN, then probably it was just an update?

Anyway, this thread is not stale or dead. There are not just many things to discuss - EVA is a simple and straightforward mod.

• 5 months later...

Hello. Is there any way to remove, or make transparent, the box that comes up with vessel details when holding the ALT key?

The reason I ask is that when I fly with camera in double right mouse click mode, I guess the cursor is right on the vessel and when I press ALT+W or S to change the trim of the aircraft this box comes up and I'd rather not see it. I tried changing the settings.cfg values to 0,0,0,0 like I did when I got rid of the part highlighting, but it didn't work. Thanks for any help.

On 12/18/2020 at 9:33 AM, klarch said:

Hello. Is there any way to remove, or make transparent, the box that comes up with vessel details when holding the ALT key?

The reason I ask is that when I fly with camera in double right mouse click mode, I guess the cursor is right on the vessel and when I press ALT+W or S to change the trim of the aircraft this box comes up and I'd rather not see it. I tried changing the settings.cfg values to 0,0,0,0 like I did when I got rid of the part highlighting, but it didn't work. Thanks for any help.

Alas, the overlay cannot be removed. I've added a feature request.

20 hours ago, klarch said:

OK thanks for the info. If it can't be made transparent or removed, is there a way to change where it is displayed on screen (maybe in one of the corners where it will be less noticeable)?

Alas, no. The overlay layout is not customizable at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I've reached the point where I'm video recording kOS automated flights and the great kOS stock-camera addon is allowing me to control the mapview and flightview camera position, target, distance etc. 

The ability to read and change the Easy Vessel Switch 'F7' mode from kOS script would allow me to do a smooth switch between map and flight views (smooth transition targeting ship then smooth zoom to ship in map, then switch to zoomed out in flight view (without EVS changing my camera distance or position) followed by zoom in to normal flight view distance).  I'm only posting to get feedback or maybe get some gears turning. 

I could put a sticky note on my screen to remind me to entirely disable EVS prior to recording video, or manually change its mode as required, or uninstall EVS, but I'm hoping to make this a one-click operation while still enjoying the nice functionality of EVS.  There are times I want EVS functionality while recording video and being able to script its mode would remove a lot of "oops" in the process.  Is this a bad idea?

7 hours ago, darthgently said:

I've reached the point where I'm video recording kOS automated flights and the great kOS stock-camera addon is allowing me to control the mapview and flightview camera position, target, distance etc. 

The ability to read and change the Easy Vessel Switch 'F7' mode from kOS script would allow me to do a smooth switch between map and flight views (smooth transition targeting ship then smooth zoom to ship in map, then switch to zoomed out in flight view (without EVS changing my camera distance or position) followed by zoom in to normal flight view distance).  I'm only posting to get feedback or maybe get some gears turning. 

I could put a sticky note on my screen to remind me to entirely disable EVS prior to recording video, or manually change its mode as required, or uninstall EVS, but I'm hoping to make this a one-click operation while still enjoying the nice functionality of EVS.  There are times I want EVS functionality while recording video and being able to script its mode would remove a lot of "oops" in the process.  Is this a bad idea?

Sorry, I don't quite get the question. Are you looking for an API to interact with EVS from a script? Or do you need a new key binding that would simply disable/enable EVS instead of iterating thru the stabilization modes (as F7 does)?

2.2 (January 19th, 2021)

• [Change] Switch to KSP 1.11. There is no backwards compatibility!
  • [Change] Drop the old MiniAVC in favor of MiniAVC-V2.
  • [Enhancement] Some fixes in French localization.
  • [Fix #33] Allow to disable the vessel overlay.
  • [Fix #34] Conflict with stock building system.
  • [Fix #35] Expose stabilization mode in API.

@darthgently @klarch

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Tried this mod, it is SO FREACKING GREAT!!!!!1111!11!! :D:D:D:D 

I love it so much, switching between vessels is actually easy and fun to do now!! :heart_eyes:

Thx so much for the mod, @IgorZ! :) 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.