[Minimum KSP version 1.11] Easy Vessel Switch (EVS) v2.3

IgorZ

5 hours ago, SpaceX_Boi said:

Tried this mod, it is SO FREACKING GREAT!!!!!1111!11!! :D:D:D:D 

I love it so much, switching between vessels is actually easy and fun to do now!! :heart_eyes:

Thx so much for the mod, @IgorZ! :) 

I'm glad to hear that you liked it. The only reason for creating this mod was my frustration with how the default game allows you to switch. To be honest, it was not even a mod initially - it was a debug tool :) 

Thanks for this wonderful mod. I realize now how bad the random perspective jumping was in stock. 

I learned something: I had no idea that taping ALT toggled kerbal sidestepping. I figured it out when it changed after using LMB+ALT to change view.

On 1/19/2021 at 10:43 PM, IgorZ said:

[Change] Switch to KSP 1.11. There is no backwards compatibility!

I appreciate the update especially with more EVA transitions for EVA construction, now that they fixed it in 1.11.2 (so far for me at least).

One thought - on CKAN, the max version says  "any". It's probably better to make it "1.11.9".  People should check the forum for info before installing but maybe they don't. Actually CKAN shouldn't assume backward compatibility. I'll comment on that thread too.

• 3 weeks later...

Things working fine in 1.11.1 I haven't gone to .2 yet.

I was wondering, though, is it possible to config the hotkey? Now with EVA Const. you Alt+Click to select a stack of cargo items, which will often swap you if you aren't careful. Not a huge deal but if I could make it only left Alt or something it would be a QoL improvement, especially because this mods strongest feature is that it essentially removes accidental vessel changes.

Update: Ah, there's a settings.cfg in PluginData folder. Contains hotkeys and some other neat settings. I'm sure I just missed this pointed out elsewhere.

Edited by ElonsMusk

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The EVS 2.2 version seems to not work with KSP 1.12. I'm aware of this situation. For now, if you want to play 1.12, you need to remove this mod from the game.

EVS 2.2 is not working for me in KSP 1.12.1. 3142 windows player.  It hangs during start-up, and never finishes loading. 
EVS is very helpful, I hope it can be made to work somehow.  Last few log entries are:

[LOG 13:37:01.447] CodeAssetLoader: Compiling all code assets
[LOG 13:37:01.453] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedSciencePowerSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500103'
[LOG 13:37:01.453] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedScienceExpSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500105'
[EXC 13:37:01.479] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GameDatabase.CleanupLoaders () (at <a5c262f7fe724eb9918d4487db8b635e>:0)
    GameDatabase+<CreateDatabase>d__71.MoveNext () (at <a5c262f7fe724eb9918d4487db8b635e>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)

3 hours ago, krbolson said:

EVS 2.2 is not working for me in KSP 1.12.1. 3142 windows player.  It hangs during start-up, and never finishes loading. 
EVS is very helpful, I hope it can be made to work somehow.  Last few log entries are:

[LOG 13:37:01.447] CodeAssetLoader: Compiling all code assets
[LOG 13:37:01.453] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedSciencePowerSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500103'
[LOG 13:37:01.453] ExperienceSystemConfig: Added Effect 'DeployedScienceExpSkill' to Trait '#autoLOC_500105'
[EXC 13:37:01.479] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GameDatabase.CleanupLoaders () (at <a5c262f7fe724eb9918d4487db8b635e>:0)
    GameDatabase+<CreateDatabase>d__71.MoveNext () (at <a5c262f7fe724eb9918d4487db8b635e>:0)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator enumerator, System.IntPtr returnValueAddress) (at <12e76cd50cc64cf19e759e981cb725af>:0)

Hmm. On my system it resolved. However, I did many changes to it.

Have you tired this workaround: https://www.patreon.com/posts/52939565?

2.3 (July 1st, 2021)

• [Change] The hint overlay now uses the stock Unity GUI style.
  • [Change] The only adjustable text property is now the font size. Set the font size to 0 or just comment out the line to use the default game's font size.
  • [Change] The hint overlay is now rescaling to the game's UI scale.
  • [Change] An explicit setting showOverlay is added to the settings to stop showing the overlay.
  • [Enhancement] Workaround the KSP 1.12 bug that halts the game in case of duplicated mods are detected.
Edited by IgorZ

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 6:38 AM, cinemagic said:

in a heavy modded game (like mine) there usually be a huge stuttering while switching vessel, thus render this mod kind of useless LOL.

Could you share a log please? This mod doesn't do anything that the stock game wouldn't. The only difference is detecting a mouse click and camera stabilization (which can be disabled).

• 10 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.