Searching people for a Modded "Space Race" Multiplayer Career

Pkmniako

So I've been thinking about making a Multiplayer Career for a long time, so much that I've tried to do it with some friends I have IRL, but failed, as they aren't Kerbal players.

I've asked this on reddit, but got few responses (1), so I'm asking here, on the forum, if anyone would want to play a Space Race Career with people.

This Multiplayer career would consist from 2 to 4~5 people playing Kerbal in a Multiplayer mod (DMP or KLF if the first is too unstable) using the following mods: (They can be discussed)

Dark MultiPlayer (DMP) or Kerbal Life Feed (KLF)

Kerbal Konstruct
Kerbin Side
Ven's
Tantares and LV
TweakScale
Procedural Parts
ALCOR landing pod
DMagicOrbitalSciences
KIS
KAS
Near Future Tech
Mk3MiniExpansion
HabTech
ScanSAT
2K System (Every body is make 2 times bigger)
Any that you would want but RemoteTech

---------------PROPOSED---------------

FASA
FTP
SpaceY
KWRocketry
x1 Size Kerbol system (Stock)

Each person would get 1 or 2 launch sites in a specific part of Kerbin. No one would be using the KSC. Cooperation is allowed, but not at the start (As if we were in a Kold war)

If you want to play in this career you have to put this on the comments:

Amount of free time:
Ability to open a server if needed:
Any mods you recommend/dislike:
Where you live (So it's know when each one can play):

Also, you can use a custom flag.

The thing will take a little bit to set up, as I'm in finals exams and I'm sure I'm not the only one. Also, sorry if I'm very plain, 

If you want to contact me, my Skype is "pkmniako"

Candidates:

Vulkasitos - Afternoons - Can host server - (GTM+1)
nosirrbro - Free
teag2 - Free - Could Host a Server if needed
Kuansenhama - Can vary if free or not - Could Host a Server if needed -(GMT-7) - Would like FTP and SpaceY
amarius1 - ???

ZooNamedGames - Has Left.

Edited by Pkmniako

I'm compiling all the mods that we'll be using. I'm having lag problems with Kerbin Side. Does anyone has problems with it?

EDIT: Also, post your custom flags if you want one.
EDIT2: We'll be planning this for ~20 days. If you have a reddit account or a skype account, private message me.

Edited by Pkmniako

I this seems fun. I should have plenty of free time this summer. I could potentially host a server. This mod list seems fine to me, and I live in California.

If I had one mod recommendation, I'd say KPBS. It's a very good stockalike base mod.

Edit: I also think OPM would be great for a space race, but only of everybody has a good enough computer to use it.

Edited by teag2

10 hours ago, autumnalequinox said:

Damn this is an awesome idea I generally play like this by myself in career.  My time is so tight otherwise I would totally dig this.  Good luck and post the Space Race somewhere so us spectators can enjoy it! :)

I was thinking about that. Having all 4~5 a forum post with 1 comment with updates of the space race.

Oh yeah. Since you have Near Future Tech, I would strongly reccomend Kerbal Atomics, but it is practically NECESSARY that you have Community Tech Tree for a half-decent career with NFT.

18 hours ago, autumnalequinox said:

Damn this is an awesome idea I generally play like this by myself in career.  My time is so tight otherwise I would totally dig this.  Good luck and post the Space Race somewhere so us spectators can enjoy it! :)

The only mod right now in NFT that I'm getting dependence of is Electricals and sometimes propulsion. For the rest, I think it could.

3 hours ago, nosirrbro said:

Is there a chance we could not have NFT? It's not the most realistic and I prefer not having future technologies 

It's fine IMO if you're playing career, which we will be :wink:

Amount of free time: Varies greatly. Sometimes I have work/college take up the whole day. Other days I can have nothing to do all day. Weekends are usually free.

Ability to open a server if needed: No idea how, and computer is probably not good enough.

Any mods you recommend/dislike: I love KIS/KAS but I've always had bad luck with frequent crashes. I also think we should use stock solar system instead of K2, but if I get outvoted, it's ok if we still use these mods.

Also maybe replace Procedural parts/Tweakscale with FTP and SpaceY. Just speaking from personal preference and experience there. You get a wider variety of fuel tanks and the option to build bigger rockets.

Where you live (So it's know when each one can play): Michigan

Edited by Kuansenhama

But as the exam period is finishing...

@ZooNamedGames

@nosirrbro

@teag2

@Kuansenhama

We need to have a more direct way to talk between us, as we need to discuss the mods and the type of server we will be using. We can use Skype, an IRC channel or any other way of getting a chat.
If you already have skype, PM me and I'll create a group.

Edited by Pkmniako
Didn't know how to mention

3 hours ago, Pkmniako said:

But as the exam period is finishing...

@ZooNamedGames

@nosirrbro

@teag2

@Kuansenhama

We need to have a more direct way to talk between us, as we need to discuss the mods and the type of server we will be using. We can use Skype, an IRC channel or any other way of getting a chat.
If you already have skype, PM me and I'll create a group.

Skype please! So much easier.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.