What is your favorite view?

kBob

I'm usually too busy keeping my flying hodgepodges under control to enjoy the view, but I occasionally take a look at Kerbin below me when I'm into orbit. I like to watch Kerbin getting smaller or larger when leaving or returning.

Jool rise from Laythe is probably the most iconic view in the system, but honestly a Jool rise from any Joolian moon is beautiful.

Watching the mountains of Eve shrink into the distance as you make it to orbit is beautiful, but maybe because of the circumstances, not necessarily just the view on its own.

There's some great posts here, which dwarf my mun landing memory. but it got me thinking, as do most posts on the forum, occasionally I play Falcon 4 flight sim and that game has an option of a "fly by" view where the camera pans with the craft along its flight path, I think that would be a good option for this game but don't know if it's possible.

On 6/4/2016 at 11:07 PM, regex said:

LEO with RVE installed.  Gorgeous and majestic.

This. Jool is probably the prettiest place in the stock system (especially with VFX mods and eclipse shadows), but it doesn't take my breath away like this sort of thing does:

Spoiler

screenshot27.png

screenshot24.png

screenshot163.png

4 minutes ago, Red Iron Crown said:

This. Jool is probably the prettiest place in the stock system (especially with VFX mods and eclipse shadows), but it doesn't take my breath away like this sort of thing does:

Hide contents

screenshot27.png

screenshot24.png

screenshot163.png

The first one is now my background, thanks :)

On 6/5/2016 at 10:07 AM, Just Jim said:

I'm about 75% finished circumnavigating the Mun... but I refuse to drive at night there.  And the polar regions are horrifying!  

You might get some great, spooky views, but bad things happen in the dark on the Mun...... bad things....     :0.0:

You should try landing on Bop at night. I did that once during my .90 career save, and it was frightful, especially when I landed successfully only because I had a Spark engine mounted on a 1.25 meter fuel tank, on a massive slope. Oh, but the moons of Jool dancing around in timewarp from Bop's surface, on a steep slope that a probe would fall over on if it used a Terrier engine, that is an entirely more pleasurable experience (timewarp keeping the vessel stable in addition to the moons is convenient, too).

Edit: An album (in the save this was from, it was completely stock (and on a laggard computer), so the full glory of Jool and its moons is extremely hard to see from the still, not-in-visual-timewarp picture)

Edited by LaytheDragon

2 minutes ago, agent 902 said:

hlzjNEk.jpg

After i survived i Totaly not to fast landing on the mun,i walked up to a ridge and saw an amazing view,one of my favorite pictures as of late.

That is utterly beautiful.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 2:38 PM, Red Iron Crown said:

This. Jool is probably the prettiest place in the stock system (especially with VFX mods and eclipse shadows), but it doesn't take my breath away like this sort of thing does: snip

Wow didn't realize they had clouds too.  Got to get that.  Convinces me all the more that the stock game needs clouds.

37 minutes ago, Robotengineer said:

The Jool system and the Kerbin system are the two most scenic systems IMO. Earth and Moon in RO is cool two.

bFdXlaS.pngSunrise from low lunar orbit in RO w/ RVE installed. 

Jool is damn gorgeous

Kerbin is beautiful on it's own, especially at KEO. Even at 2,868 kilometers high, Kerbin seems small, but the clouds (EVE), blue oceans, green fields, and yellow deserts...there are no words i could use to describe it.

Maybe a picture would help...

QvenImq.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.