So what did you name your space program?

The Flame Cat

I also use KASA a lot. I'd love to see someone make a KASA logo based as closely as (legally) possible to the NASA logo. Though I doubt NASA would mind a straight rip-off anyways.... Playing on RSS I use "NASA" and their logo. Anyone else notice that with 1.0+ you can't spell out "National Aeronautic and Space Administration" as you program name anymore? :D I'm not sure why the character limit changed but I'm guessing it happened in the UI overhaul.

in my current save my program is called "Default" as I created it in sandbox to test mods and get in grips with some of those that I haven't used for long time before I start a new save in career

17 hours ago, Scoh said:

Mine is named the "orbital operations program for science"

it made my wife laugh so I'm sticking with it. 

I see what you did there! - :)

I have 'New Horizons' for my Career, cant remember where I came up with that. I also have Sandbox called 'Parts for testing' Kind of self explanatory. 

I use Kerbal Space Program for everything except for my save where I make planes. I call that one C7 Aerospace, since I couldn't come up with a name for the company that makes the planes for my YouTube channel, so I took it from the game. :D

Is that allowed? If not I'll stop, though.

On 6/5/2016 at 9:34 AM, Bigbootie said:

My save name is Aaaaaaaaaa but I think I just hit a random key repeatedly.

"Somebody's sending me a message through my Alpha-Bits! It says 'oooooooooo'!"

"Dad, those are Cheerios."

Primary career save: Abacus Industries

Secondary career save if I give up and restart: Phoenix Industries

Sandbox for testing stuff: BlueSky R&D (or sometimes CielAzul R&D)

New career save to let a friend try out the game: Ooops! Inc.

I'm guessing you mean Career save name.  My latest probably wouldn't really be considered a Space Program (so far I think I've only sent a sounding rocket to sub-orbit) but the name of it is "Fancy Kerbal Flight Club."  Needless to say, they are mostly focused on airplanes, luxuries, and launching silly aircraft and seeing if they fly or not.

Their latest endeavour (after failing yet again (several times using various contraptions) to rescue a few stranded mountain climbers) is attaching ultra-light gliders to trebuchets and seeing if they can fly.  So far they do... for a few meters.

If I'm doing something serious, though, I'll use the "company" name of SlamTek.

Edited by Slam_Jones

On 6/6/2016 at 0:55 AM, patrioticparadox said:

I also use KASA a lot. I'd love to see someone make a KASA logo based as closely as (legally) possible to the NASA logo. Though I doubt NASA would mind a straight rip-off anyways.... Playing on RSS I use "NASA" and their logo. Anyone else notice that with 1.0+ you can't spell out "National Aeronautic and Space Administration" as you program name anymore? :D I'm not sure why the character limit changed but I'm guessing it happened in the UI overhaul.

I use KASA as well... although I'm not sure I ever wrote down what it stands for.

This is my flag if you want to copy and use it.

6z7LSRv.jpg

eqBXMfJ.png

KAERA

Kermanian Aerospace Engineering Research Administration

The acronym is somewhat inspired by NASDA, which is quite a long winded way of saying "space program". Much like NASA, I use acronyms for EVERYTHING. 

In my canon, Kermania is the host country, and the reason why all of the kerbals have "Kerman" as the last name, as every country has a different last name. 

Fleur-de-la-Paix, Flag of Kermania:

dWsTHNi.png

However, whenever I build planes, I have the Kermanian Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine Corps., each of which with their own flag based on the Fleur-de-la-Paix.

Edited by Mrsupersonic8

Kerbal Train Program

But also stands for Kerbal Transport Program since the shift to dedicated land trains and thier evolution

The flagship of which is called a Kerbaliner that will eventually be in a dedicated mod pack :)

While there are some really creative names in here I gotta say at first I just went with "default" and after a while I started keeping multiple savegames at once so I started naming them after whatever I was gonna try in there.

Currently:

Asteroid Station -----> Tryin' to build a (fuel) station on an asteroid and learning how to maneuver them in order to have a big chunk of rock with a drill, a processing unit and lots of fuel tanks orbit every celestial body some time

Hypersonic plane ---> Initially created to try and make a plane that goes Mach 5 or faster with air breathing engines only, since it didn't work I made some supersonic ones, made them look nice and started a contest that u can enter here. But if u want to, get building quickly, all entries must be submitted until th 10th of June.

slowest possible plane entry ----> The name gives it away, in this file I tried and made planes with the lowest possible take-off speed and I'm currently the one holding the record in that contest, which can be found here.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.