Fully Recoverable Launch System (Both Stages)

MoonMan22

So I decided to take on the challenge of building a fully reusable launcher in KSP. Second stage recovery proved to be a bit more difficult than I thought. But in the end I'm happy with the result. 

Both the Booster Stage and Upper Stage are fully recoverable, in the configuration in the video the crewed module is also reusable. The only piece of discarded hardware besides the fairings is the O.M.P or Orbital Maneuvering Pack.

The Skywalker Booster is designed to return to the launch site for LKO missions. In the event the Skywalker Booster needs to be used for GTO missions or beyond, it can be recovered at an alternate landing site downrange. 

The Skywalker Launcher can also be used for Polar Orbit Missions with recovery sites prepared to accommodate both stages.

1 hour ago, max_creative said:

Even better than the solo v3! You are the king of reusable rockets! To bad it doesn't have enough Delta-V to get to a galaxy far far away... :wink:

Haha Thanks! Maybe in a few years it will!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.