My Part .cfg files missing something?

Hi, 

I'm a new poster but have been (trying to) play KSP for a long time now. After a lengthy break, I've picked it up again at v1.1.2 to discover quite a lot has changed. I had a program back in the day for modelling ascents of various ships into orbit and have been trying to update the code to model the new drag cube system. However, when opening my GameData\Squad\Parts folder, none of the .cfg  files for any of the parts seem to have the

DRAG_CUBE

{

cube=

}

parameters as described in numerous discussions on the new aerodynamics system (see link)

Am I missing the most recent files, or am I simply looking in the wrong place?

Any help is much appreciated,

Cheers

For most parts. the drag cubes are stored in the PartDatabase.cfg (as swjr-swis indicated). There are a few specific parts that have a drag cube specified in the part.cfg itself. Those are usually the hollow parts (such as decouplers or cargo bays). Those part require special cubes, hence they are stored in the part.cfg file. For everything else, the drag cube is calculated when KSP starts the first time and stores it in that database. Then is subsequently uses those values unless it detects a new part.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.