Steam Controller doesn't switch to Map action set

I get the notification advising that the Steam Controller is now in Map mode, but it's actually still in flight mode.  Menu mode, etc, seems to work, just not Map mode.  Anyone else found this, and more importantly, anyone found a workaround?  I tried configuring Steam to switch action set on pressing the Map button, but it's not offering me the switch action set command.

5 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Hello @mazz0, are you in Steam big picture mode?

Yes, but I've actually found the issue isn't quite what I first thought.  I believe it is in Map mode, as the click buttons change (the numbers of times I've trusted instead of clicked! :( ), it's simply that the button to bring up the navball doesn't work.  I've confirmed it's bound to keypad . both in Steam and in key bindings in game.

This is with a fresh installation and no changes made to key bindings or Steam profile (save altering the mouse sensitivity), so it should be easy to replicate.  Does it work for you?

2 minutes ago, sal_vager said:

Yes it is working for me on an external USB numpad.

You could try resetting the settings.cfg by renaming it settings.bak, KSP will generate a new one with default values.

OK! I'll give that a try.  I'll see if I can find a keyboard with a numpad too...

Thanks

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.