[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover

icedown

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you read the post you quoted?  It tell you how to get the logs.

Right now it's like going to a mechanic and saying "its broken" without giving any information 

Well I tried that, and it seems like its outdated. At least the section for Mac is. It tells me to open console and go to "files" and there is no "files" when i look.

And since its Locked, I cant reply for help.

Edited by Starslinger999

4 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Logs would help us help you. 

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Did you read the post you quoted?  It tell you how to get the logs.

Right now it's like going to a mechanic and saying "its broken" without giving any information 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyal4ojk0p2v6hw/Player.log?dl=0

The log as per your instructions. Hope this does help :wink:

Edited by Starslinger999

1 hour ago, Starslinger999 said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyal4ojk0p2v6hw/Player.log?dl=0

The log as per your instructions. Hope this does help :wink:

The only error  I am seeing is part of DangIt.

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at nsDangIt.ModuleSolarReliability.DI_ShowInfoInEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at nsDangIt.ModuleReliabilityInfo.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator66.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I will look into it and verify that it is not due to my code though.

1 minute ago, icedown said:

The only error  I am seeing is part of DangIt.

InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object
  at System.Linq.Enumerable.First[ModuleDeployableSolarPanel] (IEnumerable`1 source) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at nsDangIt.ModuleSolarReliability.DI_ShowInfoInEditor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at nsDangIt.ModuleReliabilityInfo.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader.CompilePartInfo (.AvailablePart newPartInfo, .Part part) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at PartLoader+<CompileParts>c__Iterator66.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine.InvokeMoveNext (IEnumerator enumerator, IntPtr returnValueAddress) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I will look into it and verify that it is not due to my code though.

Try removing the dang it mod and see if that helps if it does then the maybe some sort of interaction between the two and I will have to look into it.

@icedown, im not at home now.  Pm me if you need some help.

On 8/11/2017 at 5:23 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Try removing the dang it mod and see if that helps if it does then the maybe some sort of interaction between the two and I will have to look into it.

@icedown, im not at home now.  Pm me if you need some help.

Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks alot :P

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, Fergrim said:

Does this mod need any .cfg tweaking when using larger scale solar systems?  I'm currently at 2.5 scale.

I have not tested it with a scaled system but there may be issues zooming in on the small outer planets.  Since the planet size is scaled the same as the distance, it should work no different than in a stock system.

• 4 weeks later...

@icedown  what is your current work list for this mod?  Need any help or want players to test anything?   Since this looks stable, I'm going to finally try it along side Tarsier with an OPM setup and lots of bells and whistles, including this which I am also trying out just because it looks so cool.  I'll let you know what breaks.  FYI if you haven't seen this yet, its a graphical masterpiece.

Edited by Murdabenne

11 hours ago, Murdabenne said:

@icedown  what is your current work list for this mod?  Need any help or want players to test anything?  

Currently I'm in the middle of a redesign and rewrite.  After some issues were brought up with interactivity with the JWST, I realized just how monolithic this telescope is.  I'm working on redesigning it to be more modular and adaptable code base.  As it stands right now, it is a royal pain to add something like a new telescope or even a new processor.  I'm working on a redesign of the base to make it so that most of the configuration for telescopes and processors to be defined in the config files rather than code so that it can interact with other mods better.   

As far as help, I don't really need much at the moment as the base code is changing quite rapidly.  I have my own private repository i'm using for testing at the moment to keep from cluttering up the github with failures.  On top of that, I'm actually learning the parts of the code I've avoided up to now so until I get that figured out I really don't have much of a concrete direction. Once I get it to a more stable form and get a clear roadmap laid out I may need some help.  

• 5 months later...

It has been a while since I posted in this thread.  The rewrite is still ongoing but as usual life is slowing it down.  I am also waiting for completion of the new models as well.  I can release a recompiled version but it will not help with research bodies, and will probably be buggy. 

1 hour ago, icedown said:

It has been a while since I posted in this thread.  The rewrite is still ongoing but as usual life is slowing it down.  I am also waiting for completion of the new models as well.  I can release a recompiled version but it will not help with research bodies, and will probably be buggy. 

Good to hear. This is one of my favorite mods.

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

UMmmm, really?  Can't you read the post just before yours?

This post date from more 6 month,, just light it up to the author ... It's not if you see me in each mod asking for an update seriously :rolleyes: ... and for info I have read the post before post mine, I acted in my name and conscious and take the entire responsibility for the punishment you will give me for this outrageous demand :D ... relax

I never wanted to harass anyone, just cause the post is far far away and just to remember the moder than this mod have a public ... and you see it works cause we have news ;)

@icedown no matters, take your times, I don't ask when it would be released but IF it's planed ... I'll wait for a no buggy version it's better

Just now, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry, I read it too quickly.  I didn't realize how old the previous post was

You are correct, and @icedown did reply above.

I thought the same thing at first but then realized this was the release thread

• 1 month later...
On 6/12/2018 at 2:43 PM, icedown said:

I thought the same thing at first but then realized this was the release thread

I'm happy SOMEONE is still working on this!

Oh and just my two cents, (not that anyone asked) I read the OP by ducky in 2014 and I like the idea of different levels processors, but I don't like the idea of random parts breaking and requiring service.

There are several different mods available that add things to the game like random rocket failures or things breaking(BARIS, Dangit, Oh Scrap)....if you are really into that sort of thing then use one of those mods....

I personally prefer not having that happen, so I don't use any of those mods. Whomever is trying to develop this mod now could maybe keep that in mind, and maybe just get the parts working again with KSP and not worry about making sure they still break properly or on the right schedule. Maybe the parts breaking is an aspect that is holding up fixing this mod in general....if so I vote don't bother worrying about that functionality. Just delete it....lol.

Edited by JoE Smash

5 hours ago, JoE Smash said:

I'm happy SOMEONE is still working on this!

Oh and just my two cents, (not that anyone asked) I read the OP by ducky in 2014 and I like the idea of different levels processors, but I don't like the idea of random parts breaking and requiring service.

There are several different mods available that add things to the game like random rocket failures or things breaking(BARIS, Dangit, Oh Scrap)....if you are really into that sort of thing then use one of those mods....

I personally prefer not having that happen, so I don't use any of those mods. Whomever is trying to develop this mod now could maybe keep that in mind, and maybe just get the parts working again with KSP and not worry about making sure they still break properly or on the right schedule. Maybe the parts breaking is an aspect that is holding up fixing this mod in general....if so I vote don't bother worrying about that functionality. Just delete it....lol.

The only parts that should break from use over time and require service are the gyros, should turn them off when not actually using the telescope to observe a body that will prevent them from burning out too fast. The processors can explode if you point your telescope close enough to the sun, which makes Eve and Moho observations challenging but not impossible, do them on the dark side of Kerbin. Since the FungEye body doesn't have a closable shutter, it's wise to keep it pointed Normal/Anti-normal for an equatorial orbit or Radial-in for a highly inclined orbit when not in use so you don't accidently scan through the sun while turning to point towards a body for observations. I've lost a few processors learning that the hard way.

And BARIS would need a MM patch to make it actually break parts in CactEye aside from the probe core and gyros. The processors and telescope bodies don't have resources or modules that BARIS can hook into. The probe core and gyros have the SAS module which BARIS will break. If you don't want your gyros to wear down over time, go into the part configuration files tele_gru1.cfg and tele_gru2.cfg and edit this part:

MODULE
{
 name = CactEyeGyro

PitchTorque = 5
 YawTorque = 5
 RollTorque = 5

gyroScale = 0.2
 gyroFineScale = 0.05

lifeSpan = 25

//"guiRate" should be exactly the same as the resource "rate" value below -- "guiRate" is the value that'll display in the editor's right-click menu
 guiRate = 0.4
 //set guiRate to -1 if you aren't using an electric charge intake

RESOURCE
 {
  name = ElectricCharge
  rate = 0.4
 }
}

Change lifeSpan part from 25 or 50 (gru2 is 50 for lifespan) to some huge number like 2500 or 25000. It'll still technically wear out over use, but that time limit will be virtually unreachable in normal gameplay since it only ticks down when you have the gyro active and the vessel in physics range. I wouldn't recommend deleting that line to make the lifetime infinite, since the dll will be looking for it and no definition might be treated as 0 lifespan which would break the part instantly on launch.

There will still be multiple levels of processors, I'm just removing an old one that doesn't work and I'm going to add a couple more plus the ability for others to be made.   

The breaking of parts is not something I can really use another mod to handle.  They will only happen while actively pointing which may be during a long-term study which will be mostly on rails time.  This is to mimic the actual Hubble and the issues that it has.  For those that don't want it, there will be an option to disable it.

As to progress, the programming is pretty much complete but still have some bugs wandering around.  I just changed jobs so I'm not able to work on it for about a month.  Once I get the new models I'll be able to get it out quickly.  I have talked to Cobalt but no ETA as of right now.

4 hours ago, draqsko said:

The only parts that should break from use over time and require service are the gyros, should turn them off when not actually using the telescope to observe a body that will prevent them from burning out too fast. The processors can explode if you point your telescope close enough to the sun, which makes Eve and Moho observations challenging but not impossible, do them on the dark side of Kerbin. Since the FungEye body doesn't have a closable shutter, it's wise to keep it pointed Normal/Anti-normal for an equatorial orbit or Radial-in for a highly inclined orbit when not in use so you don't accidently scan through the sun while turning to point towards a body for observations. I've lost a few processors learning that the hard way.

Wow I'm glad the James Webb, Tarsier, and Tripplez telescopes don't include that insanity or I wouldn't use them lol....

36 minutes ago, JoE Smash said:

Wow I'm glad the James Webb, Tarsier, and Tripplez telescopes don't include that insanity or I wouldn't use them lol....

Like I said, you will be able to disable it but it it's in the spirit of the telescope it is inspired by so they will be in there and enabled by default.

The JWST could be realistic by raising the price to unlock it the more tech you unlock