[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover

icedown

12 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

While this is a good question, considering the lack of posts since 1.5.1....

Hmmm... have either of you actually *tried* it in a 1.6.1 or 1.7.3 install?

Granted there havent been many recent posts discussing usage or issues in 1.6.1 or 1.7.3, but that can also be taken as good news that it just might work in either version.
Most likely, if the mod *didnt* work in 1.6.1/1.7.3, I'm sure someone would have posted something already.

Either of you could have tried it, and decently given it a test run, and posted back, that "Hey, this *does* work in 1.6.1/1.7.3..."
Actually, it would have been nice if *anyone* else attempting it in those versions, before now had posted that they had or had not had any issues in moar current KSP versions than what the mod is officially last listed as supporting.

That's a good point. But the reason I ask is because it takes me 20 mins to load KSP so testing things is tedious. I was merely wondering if someone already had tested it.

11 minutes ago, birdog357 said:

That's a good point. But the reason I ask is because it takes me 20 mins to load KSP so testing things is tedious. I was merely wondering if someone already had tested it.

No problem. ;)

I dont know if you know this, or have the HDD space, but with KSP being DRM-free, you *can* quickly make a fresh, stock KSP install in a seperate folder, install *only* the mod you want to test, *with any required dependency mods*, and give that a go... Genreally means quicker load times, and results in moar reliable verification of issues with said mod, and eliminates *other* mods that might conflict, as issues.

2 minutes ago, Stone Blue said:

No problem. ;)

I dont know if you know this, or have the HDD space, but with KSP being DRM-free, you *can* quickly make a fresh, stock KSP install in a seperate folder, install *only* the mod you want to test, *with any required dependency mods*, and give that a go... Genreally means quicker load times, and results in moar reliable verification of issues with said mod, and eliminates *other* mods that might conflict, as issues.

I'm aware of that. I should do that too just for testing as you explain.

I had tried it in 1.7.3 with Breaking Ground. The aperture would never open or the core installed not recognized, can't remember the exact problem but would not take any pictures and uninstalled as a result of it not being functional.

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...