[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover: Updated 10/22/2017

icedown

Release 1.1.3.8

Changelog:

• Removed DOE hook
  • Science Definitions overhauled again to clean them up
  • Science Rebalance
  • Fungeye with a level 1 processor should produce 12 Science on the first action
  • Science Changes
    • Processor Level Multipliers
      • Level 1 25%
      • Level 2 50%
      • Level 3 100%
    • Telescope Multipliers
      • Fungeye 50%
      • CactEye 100%
    • Science given is calculated (BaseScience * Processor Multiplier * Telescope Multiplier)
    • Adaptive Science Cap added based on the same multipliers, It is no longer possible to get all of the data for a Subject until you have a CactEye Telescope with a level 3 processor
  • Contracts reworked to use new science experiment definitions

1.2 prerelease is coming along good.  I think I may have finally fixed most of the camera problems and have started reworking the GUI.

Thanks to JPLRepo, I can now block progressions for taking pictures and have had a thought about how more science can be obtained.  In this new setup, which thanks to the new difficulty settings you will be able enable or disable, you will no longer be able to target anything with the telescope. It will be able to determine if you are looking at and zoomed in enough to get the required science.  Without the ability to target. this will not allow you to use any autopilots to point at the target and must find and zoom in on it completely by hand.

Once this phase is complete, I may make it so that it requires time based on processor and scope to actually get the science.  This will be adjusted based on distance to planet and available gyros on board will make a difference.  eg it will take 3 working gyros and up to a month for a full science shot of Eeloo. 

My thoughts on this is right now, this is basically the same mod as Tarsier Space Telescopes. I would like something that makes it different.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, when I try to transmit the Science back I get an error and the GUI goes blank like in the image below.

http://imgur.com/a/2yVmQ

If I close and open the GUI it goes back to normal again. I'm using 1.2.0.9

I am not saying it's a bug but can anyone point me if I'm doing something wrong? With the other contracts (not related to any CactEye part) the transmission went just fine.

@icedown thanks for keeping this mod alive btw, it's so awesome. :)

21 minutes ago, Kyros said:

Hello guys, when I try to transmit the Science back I get an error and the GUI goes blank like in the image below.

http://imgur.com/a/2yVmQ

If I close and open the GUI it goes back to normal again. I'm using 1.2.0.9

I am not saying it's a bug but can anyone point me if I'm doing something wrong? With the other contracts (not related to any CactEye part) the transmission went just fine.

@icedown thanks for keeping this mod alive btw, it's so awesome. :)

I need your output_log.txt please.

My family member is back in the hospital so it's going to be a few days before I can get it fixed

On 10/26/2016 at 11:30 PM, icedown said:

I need your output_log.txt please.

My family member is back in the hospital so it's going to be a few days before I can get it fixed

edit: Nevermind. It was only me forgetting to add batteries.

There you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j1enuw3xv2jem0m/output_log.txt?dl=0

Thanks a lot for the prompt response but don't worry about it.

I hope he/she gets well soon!

Edited by Kyros

Is Asteroid camera supposed to give science for now? I'm getting this when trying to "Process data". Asteroid is targeted and is in field of view. Telescope is on 1Mm orbit around Kerbin. Using Asteroid Camera 2 on CactEye.

[WRN 15:24:20.817] [R&D]: No Experiment definition found with id Default Experiment
[LOG 15:24:20.817] CactEye 2: Exception 4: An error occured producing a science report!
[LOG 15:24:20.818] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ScienceSubject..ctor (.ScienceExperiment exp, ExperimentSituations sit, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at ResearchAndDevelopment.GetExperimentSubject (.ScienceExperiment experiment, ExperimentSituations situation, .CelestialBody body, System.String biome) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CactEye2.CactEyeAsteroidProcessor.DoScience (Vector3 TargetPosition, Single scienceMultiplier, Single FOV, UnityEngine.Texture2D Screenshot) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CactEye2.TelescopeMenu.MainGUI (Int32 WindowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

so I am trying to do one of the CACTEYE contracts to build our first telescope...

I am in the VAB trying to design the telescope portion but I can never get the contract window to acknowledge I have the telescope built.  it should mark that section of the contract as finished when I view it in the VAB correct?  and if it does indeed mark it as complete, what am I missing.  how do I get this contract to finish?

@icedown

I realize this mod is already in active development and probably doesn't need another cook in the kitchen, but since it's supposed to be a community affair, I figured I'd meddle.:)

I created a set of patches that adds in the missing features (e.g. hibernation, data transmitter, bulkheadProfiles, tags, ModuleCargoBay, etc.) and updates the thermal values, as most (if not all) parts had a maxTemp in excess of 3000. I specifically resisted the urge to make more sweeping changes, as it's frankly not my responsibility. :P

I believe I fixed a couple of sort-of-bugs as well (like the dragModuleType typo in the solar panels).

Additionally, I broke out the RemoteTech and KIS related modules into their own patches, as I believe it a better policy to handle mod added modules that way, with proper :NEEDS[xyz] checks. Currently, the patches won't do anything, since the mod modules still exist in the part configs (and the patches check for them), but things can be switched over easily enough if you so choose.

I also converted the part textures to .DDS from .PNG if you want them.

Cheers.

Repo with patches found here

Direct download of v0.1 here

DDS textures found here (License CC BY 4.0)

Edited by Deimos Rast

Thank you, I will look at this as soon as I get a chance.  Been staying with a family member that is in the hospital for most of the month so I have not been able to work on it.   He should be getting released next week so I hope to get home, relax and get back at it soon.

2 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I thought that dds was better than png

reread it. He converted them to DDS

.EDIT: Also, about a month ago, I spoke with Rubber Ducky and got the source files for Cacteye, and I plan on trying to finish my revamp... I dunno, I suppose by the end of the year?

Edited by CobaltWolf

16 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

reread it. He converted them to DDS

.EDIT: Also, about a month ago, I spoke with Rubber Ducky and got the source files for Cacteye, and I plan on trying to finish my revamp... I dunno, I suppose by the end of the year?

end of the year, but who knows when that'll be!:D

I forgot you were working on some things. Should be neat. What all are you revamping? I remember seeing some pictures a while back.

@icedown no worries, best wishes to your family.

6 minutes ago, Deimos Rast said:

end of the year, but who knows when that'll be!:D

I forgot you were working on some things. Should be neat. What all are you revamping? I remember seeing some pictures a while back.

@icedown no worries, best wishes to your family.

My plan was to see what I could get from just revamping the model of the Cacteye telescope itself, and touching up the textures for everything else. Fungeye is another story, and of course anything after that would likely be up to was @icedown and the community want; I got distracted in mid-July when I decided to focus everything on getting BDB v1.0 done in time for the one year anniversary, and then I was still chugging on residual steam for a couple weeks after that. Now I'm looking for a break from that, especially since my co-author asked me to slow down on content so he could catch up with the balance, so I've started cleaning out the backlog of the side projects I said I'd do months ago. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.