[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover: Updated 10/22/2017

icedown

• 4 weeks later...

Hey I made this latest mission using the space shuttle for paks mod to launch the amazing cacteye hubble telescope, so i though i might as well show it off!

Just 2 things though... 1 when i was looking at eve, (seen in the album) it was kinda fuzzy, is that meant to be? (was using the number 3 wide camera) and 2 @CobaltWolf, are you still goinf to revamp the Hubble based telescope or not?

Anyway here's the album: http://imgur.com/gallery/JfyvY

6 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Hey I made this latest mission using the space shuttle for paks mod to launch the amazing cacteye hubble telescope, so i though i might as well show it off!

Just 2 things though... 1 when i was looking at eve, (seen in the album) it was kinda fuzzy, is that meant to be? (was using the number 3 wide camera) and 2 @CobaltWolf, are you still goinf to revamp the Hubble based telescope or not?

Anyway here's the album: http://imgur.com/gallery/JfyvY

I, uh, forgot that I hadn't finished it actually. I also didn't push my update for Taerobee, come to think...

• 3 weeks later...

well i am kind of thinking of getting a mod or two and i need to ask. will science mods like these increase the speed i can get and unlock new parts? and how much? i don't want things that make the career easyer and stuff ofcourse.

6 hours ago, jevry said:

well i am kind of thinking of getting a mod or two and i need to ask. will science mods like these increase the speed i can get and unlock new parts? and how much? i don't want things that make the career easyer and stuff ofcourse.

Just turn down the science return % when you start a new career.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if it's intentional, but once you've gotten all science from observing a body you end up with 0 data to be transmitted back and thus, if you get a later contract mission to make an observation you can't complete it as it doesn't really transfer any data.

5 minutes ago, Viper_607 said:

I don't know if it's intentional, but once you've gotten all science from observing a body you end up with 0 data to be transmitted back and thus, if you get a later contract mission to make an observation you can't complete it as it doesn't really transfer any data.

It is something that is hard to keep from happening as you can't gather all the science of a body until you have the fully upgraded processor.  The lower level ones limit the maximum science that can be obtained from them.  I will see if there is anything I can do with it though.

Edited by icedown

Hi. First i want to thank you for continuing this mod had it installed on a previous version but didn't get use it. Anyway are the orbital lines or whaterver you want to call them supposed to show up in the GUI? I was looking at Jool and i see it like i was in map mode from kerbin. Im just asking if it's not working correctly. :D Added the image in the link. http://imgur.com/XCuwBCP

@EmilOrbiter96  I'm not sure about that.  I have not seen that before.  Can you post your output_log.txt

@archnem  I'm not sure what mean.  They scope has to have some form of probe core on board to operate.  The only part that this mod has that can act as a core is the Slim probe core that is side attached.  Just attaching an antenna to the parts with out the slim probe part or another probe/manned part will not allow the scope to transmit.

Edited by icedown

1 hour ago, icedown said:

@EmilOrbiter96  I'm not sure about that.  I have not seen that before.  Can you post your output_log.txt

@archnem  I'm not sure what mean.  They scope has to have some form of probe core on board to operate.  The only part that this mod has that can act as a core is the Slim probe core that is side attached.  Just attaching an antenna to the parts with out the slim probe part or another probe/manned part will not allow the scope to transmit.

If I have a telescope with a probe core and antenna, it always uses the probe core to transmit science and never the antenna.  Which ofc, takes forever. I've tried multiple configurations of various cores and antennae, and it always ignores the antenna and uses the core to transmit.

On 29/01/2017 at 11:27 PM, icedown said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxg9dk25z8yagpo/output_log.txt?dl=0 here is the output log.

@archnem I do not have control over how the data gets transmitted.  Once the I generate the science, it is handed over to r&d system of ksp to be handled and from what I understand it generally chooses the best available transmission device on the vessel.  Since the data is a high resolution image though, the amount of data is fairly high compared to most experiments.

@EmilOrbiter96  I'm not sure what is causing this.  I cannot duplicate it in my test system. 

Has anyone else had this kind of issue with orbital lines showing up in the gui?

5 hours ago, icedown said:

@archnem I do not have control over how the data gets transmitted.  Once the I generate the science, it is handed over to r&d system of ksp to be handled and from what I understand it generally chooses the best available transmission device on the vessel.  Since the data is a high resolution image though, the amount of data is fairly high compared to most experiments.

@EmilOrbiter96  I'm not sure what is causing this.  I cannot duplicate it in my test system. 

Has anyone else had this kind of issue with orbital lines showing up in the gui?

Camera configs tend to change with updates to KSP. This was one thing that plagued CactEye 2 for the longest time until moarDv pointed it out. It use to be that the visibility of UI objects in a camera object was configurable through the camera object's culling mask. My initial suggestion would be to start with the scaledspace camera object and adjust its culling masks.

3 hours ago, Raven. said:

Camera configs tend to change with updates to KSP. This was one thing that plagued CactEye 2 for the longest time until moarDv pointed it out. It use to be that the visibility of UI objects in a camera object was configurable through the camera object's culling mask. My initial suggestion would be to start with the scaledspace camera object and adjust its culling masks.

My first problem is that I cannot duplicate it, without that I can't test or fix it.  I was looking for someone that has the issue so I can compare log files and see if I can check what is in common with them.

1 hour ago, icedown said:

That module is only attached to the processors.

I have a Sat failing a contract for SCANSat with

1. CatEye Asteroid Camera 1
  2. CactEye Wide Field Camera 1
  3. SCAN Multispectral Sensor
  4. SCAN RADAR Altimetry Sensor

A couple of DMagic sensors from his science mod and assorted hardware for a complete probe. including a couple GRU-1000 Gyro's

Are the Asteroid and Wide field both counting towards the exactly 1 prohibition?

Nevermind, Need to Use the FungEye.... and only one of the Asteroid/Wide Field. 

Edited by Bornholio
Me Dumb

Small bug that probably isn't worth trying to track down or you may have already fixed. Running 1.1.3.8 on KSP 1.1.3 with 100+ mods in RSS, just to make finding bugs impossible.

Wide field observations have worked fine on everything out to Neptune but when I attempt to gather science from Pluto I get "Scope not zoomed in far enough" even though I'm at maximum zoom.

I've already had to hack my persistent for a few other reasons and if I just have to hack my way through the contract, so be it. The question is if there is a file somewhere I can edit to allow me to collect the direct science. Whether by removing the zoom requirement or just crediting the science or whatever. I can handle anything that can be opened in NP++ but any decompiling or whatever is beyond me.

Thanks

Hi, 

i am new to the cacteye mod but found i have an issue whereby i launched the fungeye scope and right clicked to open the cover and then open the GUI but the GUI is empty, i cannot do anything with the scope, I'm running KSP 1.2.2 with the newest version of cacteye running the Galileo planet pack, basically i am running the same mods as Scott Manley in his latest videos and he too had the same issue whereby the GUI is black but the log shows no errors?

has anyone else experienced this?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.