[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover: Updated 10/22/2017

icedown

Apologies for the delay everyone - I was reminded recently that I had said I'd work on this. The good news is, the way the old models were made means that anything I don't get to will still work, since everything has it's own textures etc. Unfortunately, some difficulties I've had mean that the models mean they won't be simple 'drop in' replacements in the way that, say, Ven's Stock Revamp works. However there are ways we can avoid breaking saves. Without further ado...

wlamMsC.pngeoGXOgo.png

32 minutes ago, CobaltWolf said:

Apologies for the delay everyone - I was reminded recently that I had said I'd work on this. The good news is, the way the old models were made means that anything I don't get to will still work, since everything has it's own textures etc. Unfortunately, some difficulties I've had mean that the models mean they won't be simple 'drop in' replacements in the way that, say, Ven's Stock Revamp works. However there are ways we can avoid breaking saves. Without further ado...

nice

On 10/29/2017 at 4:15 PM, CobaltWolf said:

wlamMsC.pngeoGXOgo.png

Awesum!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy! I'm trying to get Cacteye working properly with the James Webb. It looks as though the optics are pointing in the right direction (i see the sun when pointing at it in the GUI) but the destruction from facing the sun happens at a 90 degree angle from the way its facing. Is there a trick to the camera transform axis?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there,
i have a question about the Cacteye contracts.

I have now a good progress in my career savegame, unlocked all the first grade cacteye stuff and i am waiting for contracts, but they do not come. I deleted the Smobodobodyne-Part, because i don`t like to get a all-you-need probecore that early.
Has it maybe to do with my missing contracts? There went ingame months but no telescope contract at all.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

Is it just me, or each time i process planet image for science it is supposed to cost me money? Like 200k for a picture of minmus is quite a LOT! It essentially makes the contracts useless, as rewards are less than the cost. There was nothing said about it, and the first time i played with the telescope i returned to KSC only to see most of my funds gone :(

4 hours ago, UfoL said:

Is it just me, or each time i process planet image for science it is supposed to cost me money? Like 200k for a picture of minmus is quite a LOT! It essentially makes the contracts useless, as rewards are less than the cost. There was nothing said about it, and the first time i played with the telescope i returned to KSC only to see most of my funds gone :(

Using any of the CactEye scopes does not take any money.  The only things that should take money are R&D purchase and rocket launch.  

On 12/5/2017 at 11:15 PM, Smarti said:

Hi there,
i have a question about the Cacteye contracts.

I have now a good progress in my career savegame, unlocked all the first grade cacteye stuff and i am waiting for contracts, but they do not come. I deleted the Smobodobodyne-Part, because i don`t like to get a all-you-need probecore that early.
Has it maybe to do with my missing contracts? There went ingame months but no telescope contract at all.

Thank you

Do you have contract configurator installed?

14 minutes ago, Smarti said:

Thanks for you answer.

No, i don`t. And this question implies i should.

I didn`t know that, thank`s a lot.

I realized I forgot to add that into the OP after the new contracts were created.  That has been done.

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I have a mod conflict. I'm trying to use the Fungeye to do a wide field observation of the Mun and the contract requires I be in orbit of the Mun to observe it.

The problem I have is that the GUI says the imaging and processing is not available unless I have an active target selected. But I can't select the Mun as a target when I am in its orbit. I now the Fungeye is working because I can target and point it at Duna or Minmus and the imaging and processing functions appear as normal.

Am I missing something here or is there an known conflict with the many mods I'm running?

Album a/lPxXN will appear when post is submitted
Edited by Godit
Imgur link

5 minutes ago, eberkain said:

sounds like the contract may need to be tweaked.  

If the contract is asking for something that is not possible then yes, but I don't know if Cacteye intends for you to be able to image an object that you are orbiting. If so, than the contract is not the problem.

Edited by Godit
double post

• 3 weeks later...

I had to disable the Distant Object flares when looking at planets with several moons.  It seems flares are disabled for any object in the viewfinder, but they get enabled when just outside of the rendered area and at high magnification they wash over the visible area and obscure whatever else is there, I think the disabled  range just needs to be expanded, personally id be fine with just having flares off in the viewfinder alltogether. 

Edited by eberkain

On 2/4/2018 at 1:06 PM, Godit said:

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I have a mod conflict. I'm trying to use the Fungeye to do a wide field observation of the Mun and the contract requires I be in orbit of the Mun to observe it

Neither Fungeye nor Cacteye can be used outside of high earth orbit at the moment.  I'll take a close look at that contract.

4 hours ago, eberkain said:

I had to disable the Distant Object flares when looking at planets with several moons.  It seems flares are disabled for any object in the viewfinder, but they get enabled when just outside of the rendered area and at high magnification they wash over the visible area and obscure whatever else is there, I think the disabled  range just needs to be expanded, personally id be fine with just having flares off in the viewfinder alltogether. 

I will be updating to the latest DOE so hopefully that will not be an issue in the future

5 minutes ago, Hunony said:

so this mod adds a telescope vision? or just parts to look in deep space?

It adds functional telescopes.   You build the telescope put it in orbit and then you have an interface and viewfinder that you use to look at a distant planet, and there is a button to click once you get the planet in the viewfinder that will give you science points. 

Just now, eberkain said:

It adds functional telescopes.   You build the telescope put it in orbit and then you have an interface and viewfinder that you use to look at a distant planet, and there is a button to click once you get the planet in the viewfinder that will give you science points. 

cool i'll get it, but a quick question, i'll need to use a mod to see a planet like duna? from a satellite orbiting kerbin?

23 minutes ago, Hunony said:

cool i'll get it, but a quick question, i'll need to use a mod to see a planet like duna? from a satellite orbiting kerbin?

This mod will let you view any standard planet and most moons from Kerbin Orbit. Some of the outer planets and moons are too far away to focus on even with Cacteye.  Basicly a Hubble space telescope made to view planets. 

Just now, Bornholio said:

This mod will let you view any standard planet and most moons from Kerbin Orbit. Some of the outer planets and moons are too far away to focus on even with Cacteye.  Basicly a Hubble space telescope made to view planets. 

oh nice thanks

5 hours ago, eberkain said:

I have a cacteye in orbit with a wide field and asteroid cam, when I switch to the asteroid cam I get a horrible stutter caused by trash collecting happening every half second or so. 

Asteroid processor is broke.  It is being removed in the next version.

• 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, ZooNamedGames said:

When I toggle the GUI, a window appears, but is empty. Anyone else encounter this?

If this is in the new version, I am away from home and won't be able to check until next week.  If it is not, what version.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.