icedown

[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover: Updated 10/22/2017

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, icedown said:

If this is in the new version, I am away from home and won't be able to check until next week.  If it is not, what version.

 

Latest version provided through CKAN. KSP version is KSP x64 Window 1.3.1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks awesome!!! 

Just a quick question, can you ( in order to fulfill some peoples dreams ) combine the telescope with a mobile processing lab?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wile1411 said:

@icedown just curious if it was still in plan to add the new (lovely) model that @CobaltWolf created on the previous page? 

The last time I talked to him about it, they were not complete yet, plus there are some possible changes to the model.  So the as of right now, no.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, icedown said:

The last time I talked to him about it, they were not complete yet, plus there are some possible changes to the model.  So the as of right now, no.  

Okie Dokie then. :)  Thanks for the update! *resumes KSPing*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, wile1411 said:

@icedown just curious if it was still in plan to add the new (lovely) model that @CobaltWolf created on the previous page? 

Yup, my ADD made me jump off to other projects. Eventually I'll circle back to it... eventually...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CobaltWolf said:

Yup, my ADD made me jump off to other projects. Eventually I'll circle back to it... eventually...

I don't call what I do a circle, More like just some random squiggly mess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, icedown said:

I don't call what I do a circle, More like just some random squiggly mess.

yeah - @CobaltWolf is probably taking the same circle you see for orbits in KSP....

Spoiler

A14F2DB9A5F76F7CE2761561BB13B08A7515844C
(Grabbed from a Steam pic) Love your work btw CW!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, LopoMetello said:

Hi!

Love this awesome mod! 

Is there a chance it would run under 1.4.3?

Thank you

I don't know if it will make it or not.  I've tried to fix it but I've done about as much patchwork as I was able so I have started a complete rewrite.  I can make it work as is for 1.4.3 but that would just be a placeholder and I don't even know if that would be stable.   I don't know when it will be complete at this point as life is being a major pain as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little suggestion to amend some variables.

The following 4 parts have a variable called impactTolerance in their cfg. This seems to be only relevant for landing legs / wheels and is usually seen under the ModuleWheelDamage MODULE. I think it probably could be removed.

  • tele_bay
  • tele_body
  • tele_body2
  • tele_mount
Edited by wile1411

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey dude I know it's pretty late, but I was gonna ask you if the cacteye mod for game version 1.2.2 has the occulation camera? I can't seem to find itit anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, max17 said:

Hey dude I know it's pretty late, but I was gonna ask you if the cacteye mod for game version 1.2.2 has the occulation camera? I can't seem to find itit anywhere?

I think it was still in it then, but it has not really worked since I took this over.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, icedown said:

I think it was still in it then, but it has not really worked since I took this over.  

When I go under game data/parts/processers all it has is planetary and asteroid. Also is Planetary the WideField camera(s).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping for new models but they are still in the works. I'm going go ahead and update to 1.45 and when I get the new models, I'll release the rewrite as a new CactEye.  I'll be releasing it in a week or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for 1.5.1

Change log:

  • Updated for 1.5.1
  • Changed out of power GUI action to close and notify user rather than just blank the window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, icedown said:

Update for 1.5.1

Change log:

  • Updated for 1.5.1
  • Changed out of power GUI action to close and notify user rather than just blank the window

Cue the Happy-Dance!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Using the last version with a clean ksp 1.5.1 install. Sandbox mode.

When using FungEye "Release" menu item - a single NRE message thrown. And when clicking Toggle GUI afterwards - a massive NRE spawn starts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody have any experience with this in 1.6 yet?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2019 at 8:41 AM, linuxgurugamer said:

Anybody have any experience with this in 1.6 yet?

I haven't even got to play 1.6 yet so I'm not sure of the changes.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When trying to take a look at Hale I get an error that the magnification is too low.  The slider is all the way to the right so I can't increase the magnification anymore.  What should I do?  Using a Wide Field Camera 3.  KSP 1.5+

Edited by snoopydude

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.