icedown

[1.5.1] Cacteye Optics Community Takeover: Updated 10/22/2017

Recommended Posts

I love this mod! Just got done launching the Kubble MK.1 and taking some snap shots of the neighborhood. It was great.

Thanks for all your hard work on this mod everyone! You've made my day a great one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there is there a bug? I ca't get away the science UI after transmitting and can't get into any buildings after taking a "photo"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/08/2016 at 11:20 PM, Carrot said:

Hi there is there a bug? I ca't get away the science UI after transmitting and can't get into any buildings after taking a "photo"

You must be on an old version. That was a bug that's fixed in the current version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Version 1.1.3.5 Released

Changelog

  • Dres science should now work
  • All config settings should be honored now
  • Rebalanced science of Kerbin SOI and other moons
  • Updated compile against newest DOE
  • Initial update preparing for Research Bodies

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, icedown said:

New Version 1.1.3.5 Released

Changelog

  • Dres science should now work
  • All config settings should be honored now
  • Rebalanced science of Kerbin SOI and other moons
  • Updated compile against newest DOE
  • Initial update preparing for Research Bodies

Great I will try it this afternoon if I can.

I was working on contracts/science this months. I made a few things that I will include in my next commit

- Added science definition for all bodyes in OPM (inlcuded all the missing moons)

- Added contracts for all the bodies of OPM

- Added more contracts to relocate telecopes (only around kerbin, I do not see the point in having telescopes in orbit around other bodies) (increase difficult each one opens more possible contracts for other bodies which I have in 4 categories : Kerbin moons, big/closer planets, small/far planets, moons of other planets.

 

My problem was was that my telescopes keep exploding when pointing at the sun (even with the optin disabled), so I couldn't test it properly. I hope this is now solved so I can test it and send the next version.

Edited by KaiserSoze
fix a typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KaiserSoze said:

- Added more contracts to relocate telecopes (only around kerbin, I do not see the point in having telescopes in orbit around other bodies) (increase difficult each one opens more possible contracts for other bodies which I have in 4 categories : Kerbin moons, big/closer planets, small/far planets, moons of other planets.

The telescope will only function in high Kerbin orbit.  Future telescopes may benefit from other planets but as of right now, that's just on the drawing board

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And yet another release in the same day.  Finally figured out what the issue with research bodies was and it is now active.  You can discover and research these bodies with CactEye Telescopes!  Each new photo will generate between 1% and 10% of the research needed to unlock the planet.  This may be balanced in the future depending on feedback. Also considering a fair bonus for non-targeted shots.  Enjoy:cool:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Apparently CactEye now has no problems with the current version of Stock Visual Enhancements or EVE.  Decided to head back to square one while attempting the camera problem again and it suddenly started working fine :mad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pull request sent.

I've created an agency for these contracts. Also I've nerfed a lot because I fell there was too much reward for them. you get more contracts for smaller bodies while you follow more contracts to deploy telescopes in different obits.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

Pull request sent.

I've created an agency for these contracts. Also I've nerfed a lot because I fell there was too much reward for them. you get more contracts for smaller bodies while you follow more contracts to deploy telescopes in different obits.

 

Excellent Job!  Thank you so much.  That saves me a ton of time figuring out the contracts for now.  I will publish this in an update this week along with some balance changes to the scopes in respect to research bodies. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One other thing: Be careful with the next release and science definition. I think that the file in github is not the good one (it still has the bug about dres). I just updated the OPM science definition, but it seems that this other file (that is included in the release) is not in the good folder within github. this means that in next release it could be easy to replicate the already fixed bug or to lose my corrections for OPM science definitions

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2016 at 4:20 AM, KaiserSoze said:

One other thing: Be careful with the next release and science definition. I think that the file in github is not the good one (it still has the bug about dres). I just updated the OPM science definition, but it seems that this other file (that is included in the release) is not in the good folder within github. this means that in next release it could be easy to replicate the already fixed bug or to lose my corrections for OPM science definitions

Fixed in release 1.1.3.7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to put out a release this week to rebalance the science correctly.  The combination of Fungeye and Type 1 processor modifiers takes the science to low.  As far as the graphics, i'm going to have to rework DOE interface.  This hook will not be part of the next release and I recommend removing the hook from current installations until I can get it back running correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know why the CKAN version is for 1.0.5?

and if it's wrong, would you like me to fix it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Anyone know why the CKAN version is for 1.0.5?

and if it's wrong, would you like me to fix it?

I think I forgot to update the min version in the file.  I think it's fixed now.  Notify me if it's not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, icedown said:

I think I forgot to update the min version in the file.  I think it's fixed now.  Notify me if it's not

I'll check this evening, it will take a little while to get updated.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not working, and I see several problems:

1.  Version on Spacedock not the same as in Github

2. You have the following in the version file:

"URL":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/icedown/CactEye2/master/GameData/CactEye/Plugins/CactEye2.version",
"DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/icedown/CactEye2/releases",

I think you want this instead:

"URL":"https://raw.githubusercontent.com/icedown/CactEye-2/master/CactEyeOptics/GameData/CactEye/Plugins/CactEye2.version",
"DOWNLOAD":"https://github.com/icedown/CactEye-2/releases",

3.  The version file, has the wrong build version.  You seem to be to up build 7, but the version file shows 1.1.3.4

I can fix the Netkan if you like, but I can't do anything about the version file.

Let me know.

I'm wondering if the bad entries in the version file is keeping CKAN from seeing it, CKAN isn't even showing it as being unavailable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where that stuff is coming from.  I just installed pulled up a clean ksp install and dropped ckan in it and this is what I seen.

Spoiler

6655c8ff328c80e0cff545bfa749996e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gaaaah.

I'm sorry.  I was seeing the old one and ignoring the current one.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Gaaaah.

I'm sorry.  I was seeing the old one and ignoring the current one.

Sorry for the false alarm.

Not a false alarm, there are 2 version files in the tree, trying to figure out which one is the actual one being used and going to correct this.

Edit: Outdated one removed. This will be part of the next release that is coming SoonTM

Edited by icedown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might I suggest that you put the version file in the root of the mod? Makes more sense to have it there, I think

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Might I suggest that you put the version file in the root of the mod? Makes more sense to have it there, I think

That's where the correct one is.  I had overlooked the old one that was in the plugins folder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Test Version 1.1.3.8Pre is now available for testing

This is a science rebalance test for 1.1.3, it is not compatible with 1.2 prerelease

NOTE: This will probably break contracts again, that will be fixed for the main release

 

Changelog:

  • Removed DOE hook
  • Science Definitions overhauled again to clean them up
  • Science Rebalance
  • Fungeye with a level 1 processor should produce 12 Science on the first action
  • Science Changes
    • Processor Level Multipliers
      • Level 1 25%
      • Level 2 50%
      • Level 3 100%
    • Telescope Multipliers
      • Fungeye 50%
      • CactEye 100%
    • Science given is calculated (BaseScience * Processor Multiplier * Telescope Multiplier)
    • Adaptive Science Cap added based on the same multipliers, It is no longer possible to get all of the data for a subject until you have a CactEye Telescope with a level 3 processor

Note: Research Bodies has not been rebalanced yet, it is the next part.

Download from https://github.com/icedown/CactEye-2/releases/tag/1.1.3.8Pre

Edited by icedown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the version of CactEye obtained via CKAN (for 1.1.3) the current?  I'm having a problem with contracts, and according to the log file:

KSP-AVC -> D:\KerbalInstalls\1.1 Turbo Charged\KSP_1.1.3_Career_Install\GameData\CactEye\Plugins\CactEye2.version
	NAME: CactEye 2
	URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/icedown/CactEye2/master/GameData/CactEye/Plugins/CactEye2.version
	DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/icedown/CactEye2/releases
	GITHUB: icedown/CactEye2
		LatestRelease: NULL
		AllowPreRelease: False
	VERSION: 1.1.3.4
	KSP_VERSION: 1.1.3
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: NULL
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: NULL
	CompatibleKspVersion: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

so I'm not sure if it is a bad version file or what.  I can say that the URL for the version file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/icedown/CactEye2/master/GameData/CactEye/Plugins/CactEye2.version

returns a 404

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Is the version of CactEye obtained via CKAN (for 1.1.3) the current?  I'm having a problem with contracts, and according to the log file:


KSP-AVC -> D:\KerbalInstalls\1.1 Turbo Charged\KSP_1.1.3_Career_Install\GameData\CactEye\Plugins\CactEye2.version
	NAME: CactEye 2
	URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/icedown/CactEye2/master/GameData/CactEye/Plugins/CactEye2.version
	DOWNLOAD: https://github.com/icedown/CactEye2/releases
	GITHUB: icedown/CactEye2
		LatestRelease: NULL
		AllowPreRelease: False
	VERSION: 1.1.3.4
	KSP_VERSION: 1.1.3
	KSP_VERSION_MIN: NULL
	KSP_VERSION_MAX: NULL
	CompatibleKspVersion: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMin: True
	CompatibleKspVersionMax: True
	CompatibleGitHubVersion: True

so I'm not sure if it is a bad version file or what.  I can say that the URL for the version file:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/icedown/CactEye2/master/GameData/CactEye/Plugins/CactEye2.version

returns a 404

It's the same issue as the one we discussed earlier.  That's the old version file reference that will be removed in the next release.  I've been doing testing to make sure there were no bugs in the prerelease.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.