[KSP v1.1.3] Common Core Pods (v.0.6.101)

17 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Cool, Interesting pods, but I keep getting duplicate entries in my career for the pods.   Did you change the folder structure or rename parts??  This has been since the July 5th update.

Try deleting the entire directory for the mod (RaptorAerospacial/CommonCorePods) and reinstall

5 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Try deleting the entire directory for the mod (RaptorAerospacial/CommonCorePods) and reinstall

I actually did that and it didn't help.   However a clean install with the same mods seems to have fixed the issue.   I don't know what was causing the duplicates but I had 6 of each pod, a new duplicate for each time I started the save game.)   I am messing arround with CKAN and while it is not real easy to use (I am sorry I can manually install faster and more reliably.) It DID make it easy for me to scrag the entire install and start from scratch.

On 7/21/2016 at 5:48 PM, RaptorHunterMz said:

UPDATE v.0.6.1

• Fixed issue with parachutes when using Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. (Thanks ferram4 for helping with the solution).
  • Some parachute tweaks.
  • New nose cone for pods.

Yep confirmed it works.   I do notice that the Capsule seems to be un-stable when in free-fall.  Leaning towards the Parachute.   Any chance of a COM offset for the Parachute so that it lines up with the center of the Pod?    I lost a couple experiments that were attached on that side of the pod due to aeroforces.   I am Using FAR (if that is causing it I do not know. First time since .25 I have used FAR.)

4 hours ago, Pappystein said:

Yep confirmed it works.   I do notice that the Capsule seems to be un-stable when in free-fall.  Leaning towards the Parachute.   Any chance of a COM offset for the Parachute so that it lines up with the center of the Pod?    I lost a couple experiments that were attached on that side of the pod due to aeroforces.   I am Using FAR (if that is causing it I do not know. First time since .25 I have used FAR.)

Go to the parachute cfg file open it with notepad and add this line after rescale factor.

PhysicsSignificance = 1

This should align the COM with the rest of the pod.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Walsht9 said:

Has anyone else had an issue where the pod engines start activated on the pad? As soon as the craft loads on the pad the engines are going at 50% thrust.

Yep, I'm working on that problem today too. And it isn't just this mod, seems to be happening with every pod that has a built-in engine.

First, love these pods. Second, I'm having the oddest problem with the Ike. On reentry into Kerbin she rotates 180 degrees at about 15000 m and comes in docking port first. Nothing I can do to get her retrograde again. Plenty of charge, mono, etc. She just won't rotate back to retrograde. Once the chute deploys she descends correctly and landing rockets fire.

Did a search and didn't find anyone having a similar issue, I installed drogue chutes to flip her retro, which work, but I'm sure there must be a reason she rotates in the first place. Ideas why? Just stock aero.

16 hours ago, Voidryder said:

First, love these pods. Second, I'm having the oddest problem with the Ike. On reentry into Kerbin she rotates 180 degrees at about 15000 m and comes in docking port first. Nothing I can do to get her retrograde again. Plenty of charge, mono, etc. She just won't rotate back to retrograde. Once the chute deploys she descends correctly and landing rockets fire.

Did a search and didn't find anyone having a similar issue, I installed drogue chutes to flip her retro, which work, but I'm sure there must be a reason she rotates in the first place. Ideas why? Just stock aero.

Try deleting PartDatabase.cf in the KSF root folder. 

8 hours ago, RaptorHunterMz said:

Try deleting PartDatabase.cf in the KSF root folder. 

Thanks and will do.

"Bob, get out the giant eraser."

And again thanks for such a great mod. Truly beautiful spacecraft and great concept. 

• 3 months later...
On 10.8.2016 at 5:32 PM, Voidryder said:

I was having the same problem, just not on Ike but on Kerbin. It turns to Prograde and kills the whole crew

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, mark7 said:

Well……Any update?

The last post 8 months ago.  The last time the mod author visited the forums was September of last year.  Your only likely hope for an update is to see if you can update it yourself.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/10/2016 at 10:32 PM, Voidryder said:

same problem here.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.