Brainlord Mesomorph

The "What is your Avatar" Thread.

1 minute ago, monstah said:

Can't seem to find my references, but I'm pretty sure HPL himself either drew or described it once as "a line with five smaller lines branching off of it", or something like that.

Yes, he drew it in a letter to another author, but never described it in his stories.  Whether that should count as canonical or not is up to debate.

Someone else later did describe it as a star shape, and that version seems to have gotten popular.  In our office, we have the branched version posted.

Mine's a self-portrait, every time I have an exam. :D

Kidding (mostly). Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes.

6 hours ago, The_Rocketeer said:

This thread has inspired me to change mine for the first time in about 4 years. But, do I need to spell it out?

Yes, because not everyone here knows of every single work of fiction. And now you've gotten me curious.

Mine is a picture of me my cat and I made it in that Minecraft photo editor a long time ago, probably two years or more. And the text is in Times New Roman, not Comic Sans.

2 minutes ago, The_Rocketeer said:

Its... The Rocketeer... y'know, my handle here on the forum? That's the guy in the avatar.

I didn't realize that your username referenced your avatar. My bad!

Holo from Spice and Wolf. She's pretty annoyed.

A failed Mun mission Mun impactor.

Legendary Dwarf in Dwarf Fortress. The purple color is an indication of nobility and/or scholarly status (can also mean medical or trader).

As of 2016-06-08, a Kerbal. On a bicycle. I need to change back to the hedgehog, though, since TdC is over for the year..

Cool mushroom picture I found somewhere. Kinda wish I knew the source though.

Hey there @richfiles, I've been curious about yours for some time, buddy :P 

A picture I found on the internet of a motorcycle that was made to look like a 1930's style rocket ship. Or bomb, take your pick. 

ATT000012_zpsgpkmg1oj.jpg

I like to think that it is what Jeb rides when he isn't flying in something.

mine is made using many pixel pencil and colors like everyday every one rebirth and regrowth from scratch of fictive property walls ; )

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Mine is a low-res crop of this picture:

0cVhPNG.jpg

It's a puzzle box that's a globe! It was the prize for a summer learning challenge for kids called Brain Chase.  The company I work for was contracted to design and make it. I did most of the fabrication work for it. Full album here.

its from that scene in beneath the planet of the apes, where the mutants are worshiping the nuclear missile.

Edited by Nuke

This friendly fellow is a Thrint, also known as a Slaver. This particular one is named Kzanol, who was stranded on earth billions of years ago, safely inside his emergency stasis field. It just fits so well with my username.

The picture itself is found inside the book that tells his tale, World of Ptaavs by Larry Niven.

Mine is kinda self explanatory, but it is for my love of the USAF (which im apart of now) and avation, plan on getting my A&P license and a degree in aeronautical engineering

From the same guy that made "history of japan".

If only the forums allowed slightly longer gifs and different resolutions.

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

From the same guy that made "history of japan".

ni knee ni knee , ni H on go ? rlly ... well if you ask history of word is weird ... also i do never mess with giglles tran's'alt'ing stuff

but i do suspect that between mururoa, godzilla, sushi maki and sashimi, nagasaki, hiro de la luna, fugushima & testuo or tetsuo... that a serious amount of rad ... over time

mine for part come from some biped most commonly named human i met in one work i had at some point in life wich as civilians and my elders worked in mururora during the nuclear test

aaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh the sun, the sand, the beach after launch and lunch sooooooooooooooooooo coooooooooooooooooooool

the coral shell ? don't even make me laugh ....

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

A hybrid between several generic real and fictional space program and Starfleet logos that I slapped together in Powerpoint.

Edited by DDE