Mod Pack Coming Soon!!!

New modpack Coming Soon! I am in the making of an awesome modpack filled with new parts and exploration! This doesn't include and change in scale to the universe. It's just your same old Kerbal universe! Name of pack is not yet decided but modpack should be up before July 4. Here are some of the main mods in the pack:

MechJeb

KWR

Near Future Pack

Kerbal Engineer Redux

And much more!

I hope you guys are ready and I will keep you posted with screenshots and more!

Modpacking for KSP is a frequent and controversial issue:

- Many modders such as myself don't like people unfairly getting fame and credit for repacking "our" hard work

- Every mod is updated on different and irregular schedules, rendering most modpacks quickly outdated

- Locking people into older, specific versions of mods in a modpack also causes support headaches for modders

- Many mods are licensed such that redistribution is prohibited/restricted

Looking at your proposed list:

- MechJeb is licensed under LGPL3

- KW Rocketry is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA

- Near Future Technologies packs are licensed under CC BY-NC-SA

- KER is licensed under GPL, with additional restrictions:

On 26/08/2012 at 8:42 PM, cybutek said:

Additional restriction guidelines
I do know that the GPL does not allow further restrictions, but please take the following amendment in good will.
Having old versions floating about masquerading as latest, and the lack of a smooth update release flow is bad for everyone.
Uploading a non-derivative work to a hosting service for the purpose of large scale re-distribution is restricted without prior consent.

Why would anyone download an unauthorized "modpack" over getting the mods from their legitimate sources? This just looks like another instance of someone trying to be a "modder" by hijacking the work of real modders and calling it their own. 

I understand that there are some mods that are tricky to get to work without some intensive work, but those you've listed are commonly used without issue. Installing mods is also more accessible now through CKAN, though not always successfully.

I am just trying to understand the reason behind this because it will be a lot of work to keep updated as mods are updated, and like @sumghai mentioned, the licenses might not line up. A mod pack combining several planet packs and visual mods with tweaks made to make them work together I can understand...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.