What new parts should they add?

Kerbals... I don't know if you want some specific parts but i do. Mainly for rovers I think there are limited parts for rovers and bases? They should add some more rover bodies because rovers are pretty important for planet exploration right? And rover panels would be good to.

Also antennas and soil samplers would be good.

(remember this is only a suggestion)

Edited by Jeb-head-mug kerman

A reasonable selection of rocket-friendly liquid-fuel-only tanks, in sizes from 1.25m to 3.75m, so it's possible to build an LV-N spacecraft without resorting to kludgy airplane-tank designs or mods.  (Would also accept a solution that involves switchable tanks.)

Also, interstage adapters such as in the excellent SpaceY mod.  These let you put a differently-sized (i.e. smaller) engine in the  middle of a bigger-diameter stack without having to play weird games with adapters and struts.  For example, you can have a 2.5m stack that has a 1.25m engine in the middle, without borking everything.

14 hours ago, Snark said:

A reasonable selection of rocket-friendly liquid-fuel-only tanks, in sizes from 1.25m to 3.75m, so it's possible to build an LV-N spacecraft without resorting to kludgy airplane-tank designs or mods.  (Would also accept a solution that involves switchable tanks.)

Yeah, just one or two cryogenic foil tanks without a full shell (Think Copernicus MTV or @Nertea's near future propulsion tanks). Two sizes maybe, a round one and a longer capsule one.

8 hours ago, mattinoz said:

Hand tools for kerbals.

After all using the standard design reference, all lego figures have a hand tool like brooms and cups.

7 hours ago, Aperture Science Employee said:

I've been wanting this. And surface experiment animations 

I know this is a stock thread, but in case you guys haven't seen: Surface Experiment Pack. I want to add more hand tools for enhanced sampling at some point, like shovels and rock hammers.

20 hours ago, Snark said:

Yes.

3 hours ago, Andem said:

Oh, and weights for testing lifters/Making Subs without using Ore.

Besides using ore for ballast, what else can you use it for? Can you refill the tanks with ore after emptying them to surface?

A big solid VAB that doesn't crash would be nice :wink:

That aside, I'd like to see the lander cans get a makeover. The 1-man is weirdly too large and the 2-man is weirdly too small, and neither of them look like the other. As a new part... a 3 man lander can!

Also shorter 2.5m cargo bays, because the ones we have are extremely capacious and I rarely fill them up.

Oh, and cargo bays with some sort of loading ramp, so that a 2.5m bay could sit atop a poodle and provide a way to get a rover down onto the surface.

Edited by eddiew

I'd say the part selection feels fairly complete. But as far as additions:

Boat and submarine parts. We have three worlds with oceans, we need more to do in them. That could well be the main focus of a major update - imagine a whole bunch of new parts, new science experiments, a revamp of the underwater visuals, and maybe even a subsurface ocean on worlds like Vall and Eeloo.

SRBs in other diameters, the current selection feels a bit limited. Preferably some powerful 2.5 m ones with thrust vectoring so people can make real shuttles.

Limited 5 m parts. I don't think it warrants a full set of tanks and engines in stock. But a couple of 5m orange tanks with matching pointy and roundy end caps would make for shuttles that look the part more. Plus a 3.75m to 5m adapter. People can make Mainsail/Vector/Rhino/Whatever engine clusters to taste to power their 5 m lifters.

The Flea re-optimised as an upper stage SRB with high vacuum efficiency, high fuel mass fraction, and relatively low thrust. Such engines are fairly common in real life as a cheap, simple, reliable way to kick satellites and deep space probes out towards their destinations. That would give the Flea a new lease of life after its early career get-off-the-ground role.

Finally, I'd really love a steerable parachute/paraglider. Something that will give you a bit more control over landing site than the regular chutes, or be fun for a spot of low and slow flying.

16 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

Besides using ore for ballast, what else can you use it for? Can you refill the tanks with ore after emptying them to surface?

Huh? The weights would probably use Lead in them, there was a mod called NRAP that had weights in it...

Edited by Andem

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.