Who's your favorite artist (music)?

Simple: share what you like to listen to with us!

I've been listening to Disturbed recently. Absolutely magnificent.

(BDArmory in a nutshell, really ^)

What about you?

Edited by Guest

Personally when it comes to rock I really like: RUSH, but also I really like The Beatles, Jefferson Airplane, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Eagles mostly classic, psychedelic and progressive rock

But there are others I like:

When it comes to Pop I am a fan of Sting before and after The Police, Peter Gabriel (After Genesis)

I also appreciate Jazz my favorites are: Frank Sinatra, Jamie Cullum, Coleman Hawkins, Louis Armstrong

I really do not like hardcore country, I prefer folk such as John Denver, Bob Dylan and Wilco I also do like Zydeco (Louisiana Creole music)

I do love world/ethnic/new age music I especially love: Bob Marley, Habib Koté, Ravi Shankar, Enya, Yanni

But I really have a passion for orchestral and chamber music such as: Johann Sebastian Bach, George Fredric Handel, Modest Mussorgsky, Gustav Holst etc. 

I've been suckered in by  V a p o r w a v e  and  S i m p s o n w a v e.

:blush:

Edited by Andem
Wikepedia was innacurate, big surprise. But Syd Matters is still a great band who I like a lot.

14 hours ago, Andem said:

I quite like Folk/Pop mixes like "Obstacles". 

But I must say that I've been suckered in by  V a p o r w a v e  and  S i m p s o n w a v e.

So simpsonwave is actually a thing.

H u h .

• 2 months later...

Normally I'd list out a load of 80s-90's Industrial and EBM acts, but this time I'm going to go with something different.

A while ago, for one reason or another, I went looking for the theme to Frontier: Elite 2, and I came across this cover version.  "That's pretty alright," I thought.  "Wonder what else he's done?"  Turns out the band he's in are pretty decent:

On 6/15/2016 at 6:59 PM, Andem said:

I've been suckered in by  V a p o r w a v e  and  S i m p s o n w a v e.

A E S T H E T I C S

On topic,

pretty much anything 80's (some 60's, some 70's). Like Duran Duran or Depeche Mode. Or, of course, Bowie.

13 minutes ago, MrWalrus123 said:

just going to throw this out there

Nice choice, but I thought you'd throw out something more like this...

I like my classic and heavy rock, like the Beatles, The Who, The Rollling Stones, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Metallica, etc...

This is the video that got me into Linkin Park. Not the best video quality, but a masterful job of synching music to action:

2 hours ago, StrandedonEarth said:

I like my classic and heavy rock, like the Beatles, The Who, The Rollling Stones, Hendrix, Pink Floyd, Alice Cooper, AC/DC, Metallica, etc...

I hear you.

Edited by LN400

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.