Tech Tree and Stock Game

Hi Everyone

Although this is my first post I've been playing Kerbal for quite a while and have been following the forum ... just not posted. I wanted to add my 2 pennies worth to what i'd like to see and what i think will help the game. I play with the stock game in career mode and Kerbal engineer ... delta v?!

To begin with there are some great challenges, like launches, landing, docking etc but as you progress and start building large structures and resource mining, doing harder things ...  these initial challenges become more of a chore and a grind.

What i think would work is a new layer to the tech tree to improve the game for seasoned players but allow the game to still be great for the new players. The new layer might also be unavailable in sandbox mode due to the fact some of the new science will bypass key things you should  learn such as docking.

So my ideas are:

Automation: Probe Cores that actually can do simple things for themselves such as docking, landing 

3D Manufacturing: An upgrade to ISRU. You can build a simple VAB etc 'off Kerbin'

3D Printing:  An upgrade to ISRU. You can build simple parts, possibly restricted the fuel tanks and engines.

HUD upgrade: Delta V in game plus easier access to altitude etc

Recycling:  Recover debris turn them back into ORE which can then be used by ISRU 

Thanks for reading!

Hi, and welcome to the forums.  Interesting ideas...

Personally I'm a little wary that automation and 'off Kerbin' buidling could become too over powered, but if done sensibly they could certainly add extra dimensions to gameplay. 

I do like the idea of 'recycling' debris into ore, the details  may be difficult to get to work from a 'game balance' angle, but  it could potentially be a very cool feature.

Instead of getting new features the game would greatly benefit from a career overhaul first. It's really hard to add new features to something that is already complicated and unbalanced.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.