Devnote Tuesday: Wednesday Edition IV

SQUAD

On 6/10/2016 at 4:23 PM, beelzerob said:

Anyone know what the "surprise" was that was going to be on Squadcast last night?

Mike/Mu is the new Lead Developer of KSP. Perhaps not the most surprising surprise, but nonetheless an Event of Considerable Weight. :)

On 6/8/2016 at 3:04 PM, SQUAD said:

Progress has also been made with regards to the decaying orbits. Bill (Taniwha) and Nathanael (NathanKell) receded into their offices, crunched a lot of numbers, tested hundreds of cases and came back with a number of code changes that have been described as magical. Spinning references frames and sharpened swizzles had to be slain but orbits are now rock solid.

YAY!

Edited by TheBedla
clarity

19 minutes ago, TheBedla said:

YAY!

Just out of interest, which part (or parts) of that quote was it that made you say "YAY!"?

Edit: I see from your post in the other thread that it is most likely the orbits... :wink:

Edited by Padishar

On 6/12/2016 at 8:34 AM, NathanKell said:

Mike/Mu is the new Lead Developer of KSP. Perhaps not the most surprising surprise, but nonetheless an Event of Considerable Weight. :)

I guess it might be a surprising surprise only because it was kind of a lead-in byline to the Squadcast (plus a twitter link to said Squadcast) which a lot of people may have missed

Maybe an announcement in the announcement section of the Forums, or put it in the next devNotes?

Then again, maybe Mike's just super private about that stuff and wanted it to fly under the radar? either way, congratulations @Mu 

P.S. We're going to bug you. A lot.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 11:10 AM, Lucius said:

IS the barn officially dead now? It was supposed to be one of the main features in 1.1 ...

The last I recall the "barn" was being re-worked to be more like an abandoned military or industrial complex, due to many loud objections about the art style of the first attempt. The extra tier was planned for and I think still needed for early career, to help smooth out the jumps in upgrade costs. It would be a nice headline-worthy addition to v1.2, if Squad's art guys think they could complete the work in time. It has become one of those "When it's ready(TM)" features.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.