Sat with 6h orbital period still drifting

Hi all,

I'm setting up my RemoteTech relays in kerbostationary orbit. I do so by getting the sat up to approx 2866km, then burn to circularize until the orbital period as reported by Kerbal Engineer Redux is as close as I can get to 6 hours. Usually I'm not off by more than a few milliseconds (e.g. 5h 59m 59.995s or 6h 0m 0.005s). At the same time I try to get the eccentricity as close as possible to zero

What I am currently observing in KSP 1.1.2, is that even with no time warping, the surface longitude reported by KER slowly drifts. If I time warp it becomes very visible. I'll get some screenshots when I get home tonight, but based on the above, is there anything obvious I'm missing? I understand that if the eccentricity is not zero there will be some oscillation in longitude, but what I see is a unidirectional drifting (I forget if west or east), it does not go back a forward.

Could KER be wrong with either the orbital period or the longitude readouts? Or is there something else?

Thanks for your input :)

Thanks Harry, I just learned something new today :) 

I'll have to try that when I get home. The RT tutorial is therefore incorrect! Other wikis show figures for the SMA but I don't recall seeing anything about what the orbital period should be (other than the Kerbin wiki).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.