Worst Game You've Played!

ZooNamedGames

Welcome to my 2nd made forum game! This game is about naming the worst video game you've ever personally played! The "game" aspect is that the next user to post must try to think of something to make that game worse!

Rules:

• Provide a short description of your game and why it's bad
  • You must have played it for yourself
  • Say what platform it is on or that you've played it on.
  • You cannot say E.T. The Video Game, it's too easy of a target and NOT THAT BAD OF A GAME!

Example:

Jebediah: Worst game I've ever played was Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde on the NES, it's horrible since I don't know how it works! I die everywhere!

Bob: You keep falling in pits.

So I'll start now :) -

The worst game I've ever played is Fester's Quest for the NES. It's so slow and your extremely weak! Not to mention enemies take forever to kill.

Edited by ZooNamedGames

You're obviously not powering up before entering into combat.

The worst PC game I ever played was Farm Simulator 2012. Great graphics, easy to use user interface, but dang, it was like watching grass grow...

20 hours ago, adsii1970 said:

You're obviously not powering up before entering into combat.

The worst PC game I ever played was Farm Simulator 2012. Great graphics, easy to use user interface, but dang, it was like watching grass grow...

Diablo II. Sorry blizzard lovers. WoW the patch past Panderia were farming the barrens for meat and wood. that really sucked, quit the game.

Edited by PB666

But at least it's not 'free-to-play'

Lego Racers on the Gameboy Color. It would have been a nice Mario Kart clone, if it wasn't for having about a three yard draw distance meaning you can't see turns or powerups until it's too late.

i can't remind the said game name ; ) weird ; ) but it was sort of a copycat of probotector/contra/gryzor on super famicom a few month(s)/week(s) after contra release, prolly not that bad but well young kids are sometime evil and harsh ; )

i remind because most shops owners of fresh new "paris akihabara district" bought a lot of cartridge listening to us young kids ; ) ah the good old days playing on sunday inside shops when shops were closed ; ) hehe *almost dropping a tear* xDr

wanna play sf 2 and a few others with me back in the days: many tried ; ) many failed xDr i hate(not) old fingers Osteoarthritis and low fps eyes ; ) aging ; ) hehe

go go next gen's :3

Edited by WinkAllKerb''

Oh so many to choose from...

There's lots of criterias that play into what can define a game being "bad". Those categories are: Comprehensive Design, Playability, Clarity of Contexts, Means of Utilizing or Synthesizing Difficulties, and Intuitive Constancy. An example of these all in order would be: Understandable and user friendly gameplay or text, intuitive placement of possible user inputs, clear statement of objectives, use of unintuitive controls or delays to give the illusion of difficulty, and use of familiar controls for different situations

Since a game is typically "bad" for never more than only 1 or 2 of these, I'll be listing which games are worst in the respective criterias

Comprehensive design: Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Every time you do, and especially the first time you played this "game", nothing made sense. This is because the game itself contains no teaching tools to allow you to get familiar with the gameplay, and the elements of gameplay change too rapidly without pattern to allow experimentation or adjustment

Playability: Desert Bus. While the 1 or 2 buttons you do use in this game do work, none of the others do at all what you would expect. It's awkward, the game itself hardly qualifies as a game by definition, and the elements of gameplay, limited as they are, are unfriendly and unintuitive

Clarity of contexts: Ghostbusters 1. This so called "game" actually is supposed to have a story, and the developers acknowledged that themselves, but you don't get to sort out, organize, or view your objectives in any context in any way until the end of the game, where they are presented in a very sloppy and detached manor

Synthesis of difficulty: Skies of Arcadia. Major fights in this game have been identified by a lot of independent reviewers, myself included, to be nothing but time consuming obstacles for the sake of making a typical player feel like they're progressing without actually doing much. Most fights in this game take time and resources, but are not in any way difficult

Intuitive constancy: LoZ Ocarina of Time. This game actually falls very short in a number of categories, but this one is the biggest. All throughout Ocarina, you are presented with new items to use, which is okay, but as that is an element of questing, exploration, and experimentation, Ocarina's centralization of gameplay around the story and combat makes this ineffective. In fact, Ocarina's use of and utilization of items is far too constant. This can be considered a good game design element, but it has to be executed properly. This wasn't

• 2 weeks later...

The worst game I have ever played is the bre Turtles Mutants in Manhattan game. I am just bewildered that this is meant to be a next generation game. Even the last two generations would be able to knock out something that is more visually appealing than this joke!

3 Minutr Reviews - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutants in Manhattan:

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 1:36 AM, Xannari Ferrows said:

Intuitive constancy: LoZ Ocarina of Time. This game actually falls very short in a number of categories, but this one is the biggest. All throughout Ocarina, you are presented with new items to use, which is okay, but as that is an element of questing, exploration, and experimentation, Ocarina's centralization of gameplay around the story and combat makes this ineffective. In fact, Ocarina's use of and utilization of items is far too constant. This can be considered a good game design element, but it has to be executed properly. This wasn't

You cannot include Ocarina of Time as one of the worst games you've played. That game is a masterpiece and a classic and it helped define my childhood and you take it back!

I know opinions are subjective and all that...but no. No one hates on Ocarina. Thou shalt not!

Edited by EliasDanger

7 minutes ago, EliasDanger said:

You cannot include Ocarina of Time as one of the worst games you've played. That game is a masterpiece and a classic and it helped define my childhood and you take it back!

I know opinions are subjective and all that...but no. No one hates on Ocarina. Thou shalt not!

@EliasDanger I feel the same! That post made me feel all uneasy when I first read it... partially because @Xannari Ferrows has a point there. But I still loved Ocarina to pieces. Matter of fact, the only game I touched between Ocarina and KSP was Twilight Princess for a bit. I literally put the pad down after defeating Ganondorf and was not interested in games until someone showed me KSP. And now I give my stations and bases Zelda related names still.

4 hours ago, SAS123 said:

All the Pokemon! Absolutely hate it even though i played it for 5 minutes. Oh and all the mario.

How can you hate something you have little experience from? Ofc it sucks from your point of view you haven't gotten to anything good yet!

As to Mario, how CAN you hate it? It's a gaming classic beloved by generations! If it's because it's a "kids game" then your judging it by its cover. It's a challenging and fun game for all ages. I just got back to Super Mario World on my SNES and it's still more fun than ever :) !

10 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

How can you hate something you have little experience from? Ofc it sucks from your point of view you haven't gotten to anything good yet!

As to Mario, how CAN you hate it? It's a gaming classic beloved by generations! If it's because it's a "kids game" then your judging it by its cover. It's a challenging and fun game for all ages. I just got back to Super Mario World on my SNES and it's still more fun than ever :) !

i grew up learning astronomy, watching documentaries and researching anything scientific. I Love science. i just don't like pokemon type (anime type) games and i don't enjoy mario enough to continue playing it. im still 16 but rather play a strategic game like civilzation 5 or a simulation like KSP(KSP is a simulation game). I don't think of anything being childish. Lego is enjoyable by all ages.

Edited by SAS123

4 hours ago, SAS123 said:

i grew up learning astronomy, watching documentaries and researching anything scientific. I Love science. i just don't like pokemon type (anime type) games and i don't enjoy mario enough to continue playing it. im still 16 but rather play a strategic game like civilzation 5 or a simulation like KSP(KSP is a simulation game). I don't think of anything being childish. Lego is enjoyable by all ages.

Actually Pokemon has a lot of science attached, you'd be surprised! As to anime, there's little of it personally... I suggest getting one of the original games, like FireRed. It's not Japanese or weird, it's back when the series was in its prime! At least get your starting Pokemon to level 30 and by that point if you still feel the same way, then that's your opinion! But at least I'll feel better I tried to at least give the series a chance for you.

I watch a lot of the same sciencey materials (I can give a list of my favorite science shows), but I still love games like Mario. Their just like Lego, sure there's no "freedom" or able to "build" like in KSP, Civ or Minecraft, but the tasks are simple, fun and addicting and the worlds are immersive and just extremely fun to play. 

I can attempt to try to reason why you on Pokemon but Mario is purely down to taste which I can't do or say nothing about. All I can say, give Super Mario World a try some day, and if you have played it, then there's nothing more I can do. 

Note, my comment about Pokemon not looking anime was referring to the older games... Yeah now they look anime, but the older Pokemon players don't even like the new games. We're talking about games on the Gameboy! 

Edited by ZooNamedGames

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, TheKosanianMethod said:

PilotWings resort. I couldn't glide. Why? In a game all about flying, why can't I glide a plane? Because thrust=lift. Make lift based on speed! 

Use the hang glider...

I enjoyed Pilotwings Resort. It's an "arcadey" flight model, but what do you expect given its art style?

The one that springs to mind right away is Duke Nukem Forever (PC-2011). I think what I disliked the most about it was.....everything. It kept choking on the tattered entrails of its protracted development and two mid-dev engine changes made it lurch clumsily from one distinct style to another. It tried to do everything and succeeded at nothing, tried to be modern while desperately clinging to the old school style that made the original a hit, it was....utterly terrible in every possible way.

-Every game you play in your browser, you either cant save your game, or the idea and concept of it is terrible. Take Frozen Olaf Nose Surgery for example, i dont know if it exist, and if it does, im going to fart out my soul.

-Overpriced games that are not worth the money. There are alot of them.

-Free to play games that look awesome, but it gets super boring without DLC or microtransactions, take Roblox for example. You can scam alot of kids by publishing very cool robloks hax free robux lolol 2016 videos on YouTube.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.