You can move the whole craft in VAB by holding shift and dragging

THX1138

I did not know that either.  Glad to know it now heh.

Also, semi-related, does anyone else go a bit glassy-eyes when looking at the Key Bindings list?  Not sure if it's the formatting, the colors, the verbiage, or just me being weird, but it's like reading an old textbook.  Kinda makes me sleepy and disinterested.

I'm just gonna chalk it up to me being weird, I think.

1 hour ago, Slam_Jones said:

I did not know that either.  Glad to know it now heh.

Also, semi-related, does anyone else go a bit glassy-eyes when looking at the Key Bindings list?  Not sure if it's the formatting, the colors, the verbiage, or just me being weird, but it's like reading an old textbook.  Kinda makes me sleepy and disinterested.

I'm just gonna chalk it up to me being weird, I think.

Yep, definitely you being weird.

2 hours ago, Slam_Jones said:

Maybe an old school style keyboard map is more to your liking? 

16 minutes ago, FullMetalMachinist said:

Maybe an old school style keyboard map is more to your liking? 

Ah, nice!  I think it's a matter of familiarity from a young age... when I was younger the lists of commands like on the wiki were a bit much for me to comprehend (and often included stuff that I plain didn't understand), while keyboard maps made sense to me.  Something about the color scheme, too, but I can't put my finger on it.  I guess with age, those dispositions get ingrained and  subconsciously affect how you perceive the world, whether you realize it at the time or not.

Or, most likely, I'm just weird. *Shrug*

Anyway that's enough thread hijacking for me :)  Sorry if I derailed this thread too much...

I use this quite a bit, it even works when you have launch clamps hooked up to a rocket; shift-click a rocket part and you can move it and the clamps will shorten/lengthen while still being clamped to the same place. Also, it's not open in front of me, but I'm pretty sure after you shift-click you can mouse wheel it up and down- I feel as though I do this a lot :P

Edited by Waxing_Kibbous

13 minutes ago, klgraham1013 said:

Out of good faith, I'm assuming this is somewhere in the game as well.

Is it in the KSPedia? 'Cause the only other place to see it in-game is in the settings menu, which is not accessible from the game proper. I hope that can be changed in the future.

When you shift click you are able to move it around as well as basically everything else you could do with one part.  Click again to place it there

Middle click on a part will display specs and even work on parts that have been tweaked to included parts resized by tweakscale mod

2 minutes ago, mrclucks said:

When you shift click you are able to move it around as well as basically everything else you could do with one part.  Click again to place it there

Middle click on a part will display specs and even work on parts that have been tweaked to included parts resized by tweakscale mod

Your sig link doesn't work.

10 hours ago, THX1138 said:

Well slap my head and call me Sally! Thanks!

Hi Sally, please hold still for a moment...

Seriously, even this feature is an issue when using hanger extender... (but that is probably off topic, so back to the intro and slapping...) :wink:

13 hours ago, THX1138 said:

I wish I'd known earlier that you can move the whole craft by pressing and holding shift while dragging any part. I think that's really useful to know.

FYI - if you alt-click a part, it will give you a copy of that part, ie: alt-click a battery and you pick up a new battery which you can place next to the original one (which stays where it is). This works for multiple parts - it will pick up the whole "tree", so you can copy booster stages and the like.

:)

You can also move the vessel around by using the offset gizmo on the root part. This gives a lot more control over how the vessel actually moves, you can easily take it left and right without it also jumping into the background.

22 hours ago, THX1138 said:

I wish I'd known earlier that you can move the whole craft by pressing and holding shift while dragging any part. I think that's really useful to know.

:) i never knew that as well i always would turn the camera really awkwardly! I am silly,

While we're on things we just discovered: I recently found that in Map View when you right click on something like a ship or Ap indicator the information stays on (albeit a little dimmed, which is unfortunate, but still readable), saves a lot of moussing over things to read them.  What other obvious things are we overlooking?

(And yes I've looked at the key-bindings and changed a few too, but there's a lot of stuff and it's easy to overlook minor things).

Edit: and now the sad thing is shift-left click does not work for me, in fact all it does is nothing, I still have to use the root part to move :( .

Edited by kBob

3 minutes ago, kBob said:

While we're on things we just discovered: I recently found that in Map View when you right click on something like a ship or Ap indicator the information stays on

I think you get a pass for "just now" figuring that out, as that was added in 1.1 not too long ago.

4 minutes ago, kBob said:

What other obvious things are we overlooking?

If we knew that, we wouldn't overlook them :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.