What hobbies do you have besides KSP

flyboy67109

First, I'm sorry if this thread already exists somewhere. I did do a search and didn't find one. So, if there is a thread, it's likely long dead and buried. So, I'm wondering what other hobbies KSP players have besides KSP. Mine are varied and eclectic. First,I'm a private pilot and am working on building my own sport airplane called a HiMax. It's a single seat light sport aircraft that will go about 75mph powered by a Rotax engine or a motorcycle engine. Not fast enough to actually go anywhere except flying around and having fun.

Second, I'm into ham radio and enjoy working on my radios. Now, if you're thinking of glowing vacuum tubes and "10-4 good buddy" you have the wrong image. Modern ham radio is very digital and science driven. Even though you will want to make contacts with other hams, the real thrill is understanding propagation and resonance frequencies. I've had fun making contacts of over 1700 miles with less wattage then what you have in your cell phone without all the huge corporate overhead necessary to make a cell phone call. My radio to another radio in southern mexico on as little as 500mW with a little pocket radio I built with my own two hands. Now that's cool!

Third, I brew my own beer. And before you ask, yes it's legal. It's been legal to brew up to 200 gallons of beer a year sense 1979. Local laws to come into play so before you run out and start brewing your own, check and make sure you're following the local restrictions. For example, In Arizona, it's 100 gallons per year per legal adult up to 200 gallons per year. And what happens if you brew over 200 gallons, you ask? You have to pay a liquor tax. But think about that for a minute. If you're brewing over 200 gallons of beer a year, that means you're drinking over half a gallon of beer every day 7 days a week. And, if you're doing that, you may have bigger problems that you need to take care of.

I have lots of others but those are my top three hobbies. I'm interested in what other hobbies my fellow kerbalnauts have. Let me know.

I used to be into B&W landscape photography... Scale models... Geocaching... Turning wrenches on all my old Toyota 4x4's... Coleman camping gear (lanterns & cook stoves mostly)... Old Cub Cadet garden tractors...

6 hours ago, Spaceception said:

Writing. Scouting. Universe sandbox 2

That's about it :D

Lego

Writing

Universe Sandbox 2

Subnautica

Blowing peoples minds with random information.

I enjoy shooting rifles in my backyard (shut up, of course it's legal). My favorite gun that I currently own is my Winchester Model 1894, although I hope to purchase a Mosin-Nagant sometime in the next few weeks. I also own a small recurve bow, so I guess I'm into archery, although I've never shot for competition. In addition, I also enjoy camping, hunting, real time strategy games, submarine simulators, and swimming.

I'm a fairly serious cyclist, both road and mountain bikes.  Lately I've also been getting back into playing chess, since I've been teaching my daughter how to play.  I was a club player about 15 years ago, but not a very highly rated one (1210 USCF, barely class D).

When I was a lot younger, I used to be interested in entomology. This has influenced my interest in astrobiology. Sometimes I try to figure out what types of life can exist on known planets and moons. More common things I do are astronomy, worldbuilding (check out this YouTube channel), art, and robotics. I also used to write comic books. Don't expect me to post any of them:P

Lego, model making, drawing, writing, reading up on anything space related, and star gazing. 

Sometimes I look at the night sky, and think that Nasa is crazy not to go to Pluto.

Heck, KerbalKind has already been there! :D

Edited by Lo Var Lachland

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.