Patch 1.1.3 now in experimental testing

KasperVld

On 10/06/2016 at 11:03 PM, kiwi1960 said:

Good.... OK guys, PARTY TIME, the second John FX leaves, just like last time. :)

Don`t break anything and don`t eat all the nice biscuits..

Edited by John FX

4 hours ago, Concodroid said:

[...]

NO! NO NOT ANOTHER UPDATE! I DON'T WANT THIS UPDATE! NOW I'LL HAVE TO WAIT FOR ALL MY FAVORITE MODS TO UPDATE!!!

[...]

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy with these news, but I confess I get a bit afraid too: some of the mods I like (KER, ARP and DOE) haven't been completely updated to 1.1.2 yet! :rolleyes:

5 hours ago, John FX said:

Just don`t break anything and don`t drink all the good scotch.

No promises... you know what the moderators are like... cannot handle their booze! :)

Cool! Not that I had any crashes lately, but hey, more bugfixing is always good. Might even be that my graphics-related lag spikes will lower in severity? Here's hoping.

16 hours ago, John FX said:

And again, like 1.1.0, I shall be in Spain on holiday for release. I`ll be enjoying tapas, snorkelling, cheap food and cheap booze.

Try not to break anything whilst I am away.

We'll make you feel welcome, and in the meantime I'll be hiding from the heat in front of my desktop. :wink:

Rune. The tapas, we'll have to share those.

23 hours ago, SpiffleGaming said:

Yes, i was in the 1.1 experimentals so i have some idea what i'm getting into ;). I was probing for notes so i could test the specific updates/features/bugfixes that are included in the patch :)

I think you might be confusing the experimentals with the 1.1 prerelease. Basically:

Experimentals = Small closed group, NDAed and cannot discuss testing

Prerelease = Available to all Steam users, no NDA applied

If you are part of the experimentals team you already know where to find the provisional patch notes. If you are not, you'll just have to wait for the official patch notes when they release.

On 6/10/2016 at 9:38 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy with these news, but I confess I get a bit afraid too: some of the mods I like (KER, ARP and DOE) haven't been completely updated to 1.1.2 yet! :rolleyes:

This is why I wish popular mods would become eligible to be part of the stock game (preferably with a nice cash award for the developer). Just include the ability to toggle them on and off. Oftentimes NOTHING has been changed that will cause a mod to not work, but the game won't allow it to run anyway. Mods trying to keep up with patches is probably my biggest pet peeve about KSP. And just yesterday I ordered a 64-bit OS in the hopes that the some of the graphic-intensive mods will run more stable. ;.;

One of the planned (allegedly) future features for the stock game is life support, for example. Why reinvent the wheel when there's already perfectly good code written for it already?

Edited by vger

23 hours ago, John FX said:

Just don`t break anything and don`t drink all the good scotch.

Agreed!  However, I was chastised by @Red Iron Crown a good while ago for mentioning a "martini and cigar".  Have the rules regarding alcohol references been relaxed???

Still, I look forward to the next update even if it is to be enjoyed under 'contextual prohibition'. 

4 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

Agreed!  However, I was chastised by @Red Iron Crown a good while ago for mentioning a "martini and cigar".  Have the rules regarding alcohol references been relaxed???

Still, I look forward to the next update even if it is to be enjoyed under 'contextual prohibition'. 

Here, have a biscuit.

9 hours ago, vger said:

Oftentimes NOTHING has been changed that will cause a mod to not work, but the game won't allow it to run anyway.

KSP does not care if a mod is compatible or not. It's more likely that the mod author decided to not have his mod run when the versions don't match. However ... just because the version checker tells you that a mod is not compatible, doesn't mean it's not running.

On 6/10/2016 at 8:38 PM, jlcarneiro said:

I love BD armory and tanks (tanki online RULES!), but Kerbal Foundries hasn't been updated. I can't find any tracks....

I just hope 1.1.3 will fix the "spitting out of the ground and slide away" flags :( Don't dare to get anywhere near my flags as they all fall too the side when getting to them. 

And hopefully the changing orbits even with rcs thrusters and engines disabled are getting fixed like the ever laughing EVA Kerbals...

Edited by Tekener

EDIT: yeah, should have read before posting. Thanks for the info, T-Bouw!

Here's hoping the "orbital decay" bug will be fixed. Unfortunately it makes my game essentially unplayable beyond sub-orbital.

Good luck!

Edited by TheBedla