Patch 1.1.3 now in experimental testing

KasperVld

22 minutes ago, smjjames said:

Maybe you could list what bugs you think are moronic?....

How about the bug that placed the body lift vector too far in front of the fairings in 1.0.5? It is fixed now but it was so 'in your face' obvious that it should never have slipped though.
The 'orbital decay'? How is it possible nobody picked this up during testing?
All the landing gear issues? How can you justify releasing a system as broken as that?

EVERYBODY involved in testing have seriously dropped the ball in those cases. A lot of people should be very ashamed!

Edited by Tex_NL

3 minutes ago, Tex_NL said:

How about the bug that placed the body lift vector too far in front of the fairings in 1.0.5? It is fixed now but it was so 'in your face' obvious that it should never have slipped though.
All the landing gear issues? How can you justify releasing a system as broken as that?

EVERYBODY involved in testing have seriously dropped the ball in those cases. A lot of people should be very ashamed!

And how many of so said moronic bugs you did not even know of their existence because maybe the same lot of people were doing their thing?

You do not know anything and still say that people should be ashamed, you look like a lot a boss that do not know what their co-workers are doing...

Well, back on topic, im happy about the imminent arrival of 1.1.3 even though im still loving 1.1.2. Hasnt crashed on me in about 20 hours game play so 1.1.3 will just be another layer of icing on an already tasty cake.

5 hours ago, Tex_NL said:

learn to code and program, get a job and show em how its done.

easy to point fingers from the outside when you dont know anything about the job.

17 hours ago, T-Bouw said:

Well, I don't know about the flag-thing, but the decaying-orbit-bug was confirmed squashed in the last devnotes. Jay!

Great!

And the flag thing is pretty easy: go somewhere and plant a flag, the lower the gravity the better (tested on Mun, Minmus, Ike and Duna).
The flag mostly end up being awry, but it stands.

Now switch to something else somewhere else, KSP center, whatever, do something else :)

When you go back to the flag, either directly by the Tracking Station or by landing next to it or by switching to a vessel near it, the flags will pop out of the ground, fall aside and when they were planted on a hill or so, sliding all the way down. No flag is steady anymore. :(

On 6/10/2016 at 9:38 PM, jlcarneiro said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm VERY happy with these news, but I confess I get a bit afraid too: some of the mods I like (KER, ARP and DOE) haven't been completely updated to 1.1.2 yet! :rolleyes:

Don't forget about KW Rocketry... it never really works with 1.1.2 either

Squad have written an original and incredibly entertaining game which could be considered as having been a real gamble as it can be difficult to play for many people particularly in it's vanilla state.

They made their game MOD friendly.

The game has been released and Squad have promised that they still have every intention of continuing to work on the game.

Not just fixing bugs - and I have had well over 4000 hours in this amazingly entertaining buggy game.

But also adding new features which will keep veterans like myself happy for some time to come.

And their loyal customers are moaning about the game being updated.

Because MODS which they use having to be updated to keep up with this wonderful game.

I am a sociopath. I don't relate to others in a number of areas.

So explain it to me.

Is my thinking that there is clearly something wrong with you people just a facet of my condition?

3 minutes ago, Daveroski said:

..moaning about the game being updated.

Because MODS which they use having to be updated to keep up with this wonderful game.

Yeah if there were ever a reason to argue against an update this is definitely the thinnest one, but it's multiple people saying the same thing.

33 minutes ago, Violent Jeb said:

Yeah if there were ever a reason to argue against an update this is definitely the thinnest one, but it's multiple people saying the same thing.

It's not really a complaint about the updates, but I've played other mod-friendly games and I don't ever remember mods being broken so frequently by updates.

I wonder what will be new this time? I expect just bug fixes, like when parts that are not attached to a craft fail to rotate in the craft editor. My biggest problem is when the games keeps crashing, because of this:
"mono.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono.dll at 0023:101195ba."

But that's my fault for using mods. It particularly happens when I begin using BD Armory mods, but that's not Squad's problem.

Looking forward to seeing the bug fixes! Namely, the rotation bug.

On 6/11/2016 at 6:02 PM, vger said:

This is why I wish popular mods would become eligible to be part of the stock game (preferably with a nice cash award for the developer). Just include the ability to toggle them on and off. Oftentimes NOTHING has been changed that will cause a mod to not work, but the game won't allow it to run anyway. Mods trying to keep up with patches is probably my biggest pet peeve about KSP. And just yesterday I ordered a 64-bit OS in the hopes that the some of the graphic-intensive mods will run more stable. ;.;

One of the planned (allegedly) future features for the stock game is life support, for example. Why reinvent the wheel when there's already perfectly good code written for it already?

NO no no no no.  NO!  That's called... DLC. NO!

On 6/13/2016 at 0:21 PM, Tex_NL said:

I would tend to agree that some of the basic elements of the game have become destabilized that are essential to what it is.  It's an orbital mechanics sim.  Orbital mechanics need to work.  But I'm willing to give them a pass this one time because of the update to Unity 5.  That's a major engine update and I'm sure much of what they're doing is to compensate for unexpected changes and bugs in the engine.  We'll call it the Unity Update Compensation Pass.

5 hours ago, mjl1966 said:

NO no no no no.  NO!  That's called... DLC. NO!

I was thinking of a commission-based flat fee for adding to/improving the game. A few thousand $ for a mod is probably no skin off their backs provided they don't buy 100 mods. :P

On 6/16/2016 at 10:57 AM, How to: KSP said:

Fix the landing gear bug

I feel that we need a dedicated announcement for this from the higher-ups.

The "landing gear bug" comes from a screwy Unity thing. It cannot be fixed by SQUAD without updating the engine again, or doing what @Shadowmage and @lo-fi is doing and build a new wheel technology from scratch. SQUAD is opting for the engine update, which is scheduled for 1.2. That's gonna be a while, so be patient if you're waiting for the stock ones to be fixed. Or, you can be slightly less patient and wait for the Kerbal Foundries new tech. I'm sure there'll be a stock conversion, since the stock wheels are pretty borked.
(By the way, spherecasts and composite cylinder-casts are vastly superior to raycasts. Why raycasts were ever thought to be the best option, I don't know. Silly Unity.)

I don't know why Squad is porting KSP again to Unity 5.4. I mean, the game is much more stable on it's current version of Unity, Unity 5.2. 5.4 isn't even available to the public AFAIK, so, all in all, upgrading to Unity 5.4 would mean basically breaking all of the game code. The Unity 5 update broke most of the UI and game code including the wheel physics system. Unity 5.4 would mean breaking more than just those assets of the game.

On 6/13/2016 at 0:26 PM, brusura said:

And how many of so said moronic bugs you did not even know of their existence because maybe the same lot of people were doing their thing?

You do not know anything and still say that people should be ashamed, you look like a lot a boss that do not know what their co-workers are doing...

I ran a QA and stress-test team for a billion dollar company for nearly a decade. Before that I spent 20 years as a dev coding in everything from C++ to assembler.

It's my opinion that the KSP releases since 0.90 have been sloppy as crap, and several decision makers should have their butts kicked. Go ahead. Tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

@FirstSecondThird First off KSP 1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2 are the most unstable versions KSP has had since before I got here in .21. There are literally THOUSANDS of posts on the instability. Claw has even put out a temporary fix to buy us players some stability until 1.1.3 lands. 

Further more, there are issues with Unity and landing gear that Squad cannot address in a proper manner because the fault AFAIR is in UNITY itself. The instability we are seeing is also most likely a UNITY issue with MONO and other internal Unity assets. So why the push for 1.2.X to see a Unity upgrade? Id say fixing all of the aforementioned covers it.

Claw has even put out a temporary fix to buy us players some stability until 1.1.3 lands. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I will try this glorious piece of happiness when I get home.

Edited by ispeedonthe405

2 hours ago, FirstSecondThird said:

I don't know why Squad is porting KSP again to Unity 5.4. I mean, the game is much more stable on it's current version of Unity, Unity 5.2. 5.4 isn't even available to the public AFAIK, so, all in all, upgrading to Unity 5.4 would mean basically breaking all of the game code. The Unity 5 update broke most of the UI and game code including the wheel physics system. Unity 5.4 would mean breaking more than just those assets of the game.

Notable is the fact that the previous port, U4.3(?) to U5.2 was a major number. The update from U5.2 to U5.4 is, on the other hand, only a minor number. I don't know how good the Unity lot are at making major and minor numbers reflect the scope of the change, but that suggests a vastly smaller task. The convention is (or should be) "minor numbers should be easy to update to, but radical changes may happen in major numbers." Think about KSP version numbers, but lump the 1 or the 0. The major number in KSP 1.1.2 is 1.1, the minor is 2. Note that most mods were relatively easy to update from 1.1.1, since it was a minor number update. However, compare 0.25 to 0.90.0. That was a big change for mods, because it was a major number update.

TL;DR: The numbers matter, it's not just "oh, it's an engine update, we have to break everything."

2 hours ago, ispeedonthe405 said:

Claw has even put out a temporary fix to buy us players some stability until 1.1.3 lands. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I will try this glorious piece of happiness when I get home.

It's in his B.U.S.T. Thread.

Edited by AlamoVampire
Missed a . placement... If it lets me finally fix it