Patch 1.1.3 now in experimental testing

KasperVld

On 6/14/2016 at 7:57 AM, maranble14 said:

Don't forget about KW Rocketry... it never really works with 1.1.2 either

No, of course not.  However, KW Rocketry Redux does work well in 1.1.2

If you are having problems, then speak up on the proper thread.   This thread is talking about stock

Edited by linuxgurugamer

20 hours ago, ispeedonthe405 said:

Claw has even put out a temporary fix to buy us players some stability until 1.1.3 lands. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I will try this glorious piece of happiness when I get home.

What is this fix you speak of? Can you please link to it??

4 hours ago, tjt said:

What is this fix you speak of? Can you please link to it??

You can find it in Claw's excellent thread.

Almost indispensable IMHO, and they hardly impact gameplay at all besides fixing some of the more incredibly annoying bugs. I too recommend usage of StockPlus, excellent little tweaks that make the game so much better as well.

On 2016-06-17 at 9:51 PM, Beowolf said:

I ran a QA and stress-test team for a billion dollar company for nearly a decade. Before that I spent 20 years as a dev coding in everything from C++ to assembler.

It's my opinion that the KSP releases since 0.90 have been sloppy as crap, and several decision makers should have their butts kicked. Go ahead. Tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm one of those annoying government officials who spend our days making life miserable for people running QA for billion dollar companies (and anyone else providing systems regarded as 'critical for our society').

If KSP was to be regarded as one such system, I'd not be sharpening my own private little pitchfork, I'd be bringing out the big one ...

However, if the QA-standards expected of a billion dollar company (or other systems regarded 'critical for our society') was to be applied on an indie developer of a totally non-critical entertainment software. Then no such software would ever to be produced.

So I'm not telling you that you don't know what you're talking about. But I do think that you are applying the wrong standards for the given situation.

That said, good QA and good coding practices never fail.

It's just that when it comes to light entertainment, shipping when it's 'good enough' is critical to survival.

2 minutes ago, Curveball Anders said:

I'm one of those annoying government officials who spend our days making life miserable for people running QA for billion dollar companies (and anyone else providing systems regarded as 'critical for our society').

I'm afraid I don't know what kind of official you mean. Nobody from the federal government ever interacted with me at that job, or during my whole career, actually. But none of my employers had anything to do with government contracts, so perhaps that's why?

5 hours ago, Curveball Anders said:

It's just that when it comes to light entertainment, shipping when it's 'good enough' is critical to survival.

That's definitely true. If you wait too long to make a release, players start to lose interest. Some will even complain about it. It's always a big balancing act between being timely and being stable.

Well, when thinking about bugs in KSP and how Major/Minor they may be/are.  First, just think about this; Have you ever played any games created by a company called Bethesda?  Now compare bugs between their games and this one, AND, more importantly, the budgets and number of people involved.  Makes you think a bit differently about the bugs in this game doesn't it?  The work on KSP isn't so bad at all huh? :wink:

Anyways.  My three cents.  And I also look forward to the progress of patch 1.1.3  Here's hoping it doesn't break any of my craft.  But considering nearly all my craft from 0.90 still work just fine in 1.1.2, I'm pretty confident it'll all work out. :)

Just to note: I have nothing against Bethesda.  I enjoy their games, and I like them as a company.  Using them in this post is for comparison only.

Edited by Jakalth

On 17/06/2016 at 9:51 PM, Beowolf said:

I ran a QA and stress-test team for a billion dollar company for nearly a decade. Before that I spent 20 years as a dev coding in everything from C++ to assembler.

It's my opinion that the KSP releases since 0.90 have been sloppy as crap, and several decision makers should have their butts kicked. Go ahead. Tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Emphasis on " billion dollar company".

22 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@KasperVld

Can you update us on the progress of the Experimentals 1.1.3?

I can. It is more advanced than last week.

17 hours ago, quasarrgames said:

This thread is a development complaint salt mine! 

19erokqfstuskjpg.jpg

Salt is good for everything, except snails, my eye, and open wounds, and...

On topic - I'm seriously looking forward to 1.1.3 keeping me entertained while I quietly wait for RSS/RO/RF to update.  It's nice to know @NathanKell shares a gentle grasp on all of these together! New devs, new leadership, new other stuff, new version in the works...  I want to stay positive on this one for a good while before poking issues (not barring constructive criticism)

I'm still on holiday enjoying cheap drinks that come with free food, sun, sea and learning a little more Spanish. I recommend doing other things when a release is due and not being too concerned with the exact day of release.  I find myself much more relaxed about the whole thing.

It will happen when it happens and will be the same code no matter what we post here in this thread.

Sometimes the alternative thing I do is play KSP. ..

On 17. Juni 2016 at 9:51 PM, Beowolf said:

Sorry, but this means nothing. Name a product you were responsible for, then we can talk.

4 minutes ago, basic.syntax said:

I would not mind if they held it back another week, if it meant a few more improvements would make it into the patch.

I honestly don't think there's much more to add. Going from the last two week's worth of dev notes and squadcasts, I think everything they wanted to put into this update (almost all bugfixes and improvements) is there.

I've completely put docking,stations and orbital craft assembly on hold until they fix the decaying orbits issue. I can't wait for 1.1.3 to come out.