Display bug: transparent objects turn opaque near icecap saucer

I noticed this as I was operating a plane near the "crashed saucer" anomaly on Kerbin's northen icecap. Here's the plane as it normally appears:

s4XECLp.png

...and here's what it looks like when i get within a few km of the saucer:

5W4AbIV.png

See those crosses on the wings? They appear to be a part of the landing gear. Now here's the plane landed very near the saucer (not pictured):

gIkc9iC.png

The crosses attached to the gear are now very opaque. I think they're a collision object that is normally transparent. The reason I think it's a transparency issue is the flag--note the black stripes above and below the red ones; that part of the flag is normally transparent.

And yes, if you've been following my comic you may suspect that there is another craft somewhere near the in-game saucer anomaly. No comments other than that its gear is also affected :) 

I flew the plane around for a while and note the following:

• the effect occurs as I approach the area and is repeatable
  • the effect goes away when the plane leaves the area
  • if I leave and come back, the effect returns
  • altitude matters--if I pass high over the saucer the effect doesn't occur. 
  • the effect seems to take place in a zone about 7km around the saucer and up to 3km altitude above it

Strange stuff! Alien easter egg anomaly... or a display bug? 

Only graphical mods installed are texture replacer and EVE. Not sure where else on the Forum to talk about bugs, so here it is :) 

UPDATE: I started an new sandbox save and re-landed both ships near the saucer. Effect did not occur. @Mad Rocket Scientist,I am running 32.

Edited by Kuzzter

Haha, nice! You found the easter egg alien phase shifting device!

But really, that looks like it might be a stock issue, though you have mods installed. It would be handy if someone can confirm the issue is also in stock, so the appropriate folks can dig in.

With the migration to Unity 5, we've been finding some unusual shader issues.

Thanks!

I had that bug in 1.0.5, I think it happens to things that have lights and sometimes parachutes. In my experience, timewarping typically freaks them out, and flying in normal speed will cause it to stop. Be wary, timewarping again will bring it back.

Of course, it's also possible you are experiencing a 100% unrelated bug with the same symptom. Anyhow, Good Luck! :D

Same issue here, although not quite as severe. It happens everywhere, but I can't confirm it being related to timewarp

7cQuVKZ.png?1

qm1g6NR.png?1

List of mods:

EVE (source of the issue?)
KIS
KAS
Kerbal Engineer
Transfer window planner

Here's the plane in the hangar:

uNSrLfh.png

I used hyperedit to land at 

Spoiler

-81.9551 : -128.518

which is kerbalmaps anomaly location, with no visual bugs, other than the clouds looking a bit dark.

Mod list:

BetterBurnTime
Distant Object Enhancement
EditorExtensionsRedux
Engine Lighting
EVE
KER
Hyperedit
Docking port alignment indicator
PlanetShine
Precise Maneuver Node Editor
Scatterer
SVE
TakeCommand
Texture Replacer
WASD Editor Cam

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.