Unofficial Easter egg on Eve???

Just Jim

I know... Eve has no Easter eggs.  But this morning I was getting screenshots for my story, and I stumbled on something really surprising, and I offer it as a sort of unofficial Easter egg for Eve.  Something to look for, if nothing else...  :D

I started two new sandbox games and confirmed this is not a terrain glitch.  I'm not giving up the coordinates, but it does exist.

For your amusement, I give you the Pyramid Plateau on Eve:

EYimXDb.png

L3OQmOI.png

cU2yY6s.png

WmkT7TP.png

dGuiJst.png

iJzQ0bG.png

Edited by Just Jim

The north pole on Eve is insatiably cool, an knfe edge cliff leading up to the pole point. dropping kilometers into the water, so narrow it was scary driving an slow rover on.
Has not been where since 0.9, harder to land accurate now, perhaps an probe glider would work.

2 hours ago, John FX said:

Have to say the only reason I looked at the thread was to find out the coordinates...

Looks like a good place to launch from.

I thought about it, and it would be good to have someone verify this, so I'll do it this way

Spoiler

5° 1' 54" S
98° 38' 7" E

Using HE: 
-5.0317 lat
98.6353 long

55 minutes ago, spacebrick3 said:

That could be just a height map feature. Still, it could be very good for ascending from Eve. What is its altitude?

Aprox. 2,840 meters

17 minutes ago, Foxster said:
Spoiler

5°00'47'' S

98°36'48'' E

Spoiler alert!!!   

Not cool!  You should have marked it as a spoiler like I did!!   :mad:

Edited by Just Jim

1 hour ago, magnemoe said:

The north pole on Eve is insatiably cool, an knfe edge cliff leading up to the pole point. dropping kilometers into the water, so narrow it was scary driving an slow rover on.
Has not been where since 0.9, harder to land accurate now, perhaps an probe glider would work.

Can you post pictures?

33 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

Spoiler alert!!!   

Not cool!  You should have marked it as a spoiler like I did!!   :mad:

I'm kinda glad he did...:rolleyes: saves me from having to drive all over the planet to find it. Then on the other hand... :huh:

Oh, no, I am torn...! :confused:

17 minutes ago, adsii1970 said:

I'm kinda glad he did...:rolleyes: saves me from having to drive all over the planet to find it. Then on the other hand... :huh:

Oh, no, I am torn...! :confused:

I'm not saying he shouldn't have posted it, I did before he did.  I'm just disappointed he didn't make it a spoiler thingie, is all.

13 hours ago, SpacedCowboy said:

Pretty sure it's just a random terrain thing but, it's still cool. Now that the coordinates are out there, ( Just Jim you're a soft touch ) , who's going to be the first to set down right on it?

Yes, its an random terrain feature who happens on Eve, Duna, Mun and Tylo, Kerbin and Laythe has polar caps, Moho south pole is flat, same with all the minor bodies.
The water makes the eve location so spectacular. 

13 hours ago, SpacedCowboy said:

Pretty sure it's just a random terrain thing but, it's still cool. Now that the coordinates are out there, ( Just Jim you're a soft touch ) , who's going to be the first to set down right on it?

The kraken...! Well somones got to say it, he can watch all of eve from there. And just Jim I do agree foxster shouldn't have posted the co-ordinates but it was gonna come out. P.S good find.

Yeh, terrain feature rather than Easter Egg for me. I rank this somewhere between the 'pyramid' at Mun's north pole and the Mohole. To be an Easter Egg it would need to be more deliberately 'artificial', maybe being more truly square, flat or uniform.

Still, cool find :)

• 2 weeks later...

On the topic of pyramids.... I was doing some deep searching though the directory created by a undisclosed, but extremely popular, mod that allows you to see details on all bodies and what is generated them every time you load the game.     I.E.  ANOMALIES.  I'm talking every official Easter egg can be found here as it is generated on the surface. I was digging through Duna's file and finding the only known Easter egg to my knowledge. The face. I'm pretty sure the SSTV hill was removed and I know for a fact that the rover camera was removed. It always puzzled me why Squad ever REMOVES Easter eggs. Anyway, I found this....... I might be mistaken, that this is in fact the SSTV hill. But it also says something about cities, so I don't know man. I blurred out the parts saying the name of the mod I'm using for this. IF you know which mod it is, please don't post it. Also, apparently Kerbin has a barycenter with something...BUT WHAT?!?!?!    Keep in mind, these readouts are the program textualising(I don't know if that's a word) all the stuff going on while KSP is loading a save and planets are being generated.

l4eVEvd.jpg

3 hours ago, Gman_builder said:

But it also says something about cities, so I don't know man.

A PQSCity is any static model that appears on a planet's surface and isn't part of the procedural terrain. Monoliths, Kraken, Vallhenge, anything. Doesn't mean it has to look like a city. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.