Interaction between RCS thrusters and vernors

Hello, guys!

I don't usually post on forums, I prefer to plow through google's answers first. When the answer is not there, I consider my problem unsolve'able :)

However, this time the thing feels so dumb, and I believe there must be a way to resolve this.

So. Every time, when I attach both standard monopropellant thrusters and vernor engines, thruster simply stop reacting to any commands. Can't simply turn them on as the game says they're not disabled or anything. What is happening, is this intended? Can I fix it while on orbit? 

Cheers, BigGuy

I just tested it, and I cannot duplicate your bug. Both the vernors and RCS fired when I hit either ASDW or JKLI. So it's down to the insultingly simplistic questions: Are you sure you have fuel in your monoprop tanks? You turned RCS on? Your RCS thrusters are not set to SAS only?

19 minutes ago, bewing said:

I just tested it, and I cannot duplicate your bug. Both the vernors and RCS fired when I hit either ASDW or JKLI. So it's down to the insultingly simplistic questions: Are you sure you have fuel in your monoprop tanks? You turned RCS on? Your RCS thrusters are not set to SAS only?

How do you set them to SAS only?

2 hours ago, Lunar Sea said:

How do you set them to SAS only?

Oh yeah. That was on my wishlist, and is not implemented yet in v 1.1.2. You can do the opposite by choosing "show actuation toggles" and then unchecking roll/pitch/yaw. Because those are the only ones that SAS uses.

Okay, I've found something nice:

After opening service bay (where monoprop tanks were hidden) everything started working. I felt pretty stupid at this point, I'd never expect that closing a bay cuts fuel flow from inside. So I've made some tests, and I got it.

For some reason, putting rcs thrusters on the top (or bottom) edge of 2.5m bay renders them useless when bay is closed (as they were inside), and this is not the case of 1.25m service bay (they always work while outside). This is not intended, right?

For me, the problem is kinda resolved (I can maneuver with doors open), though it would be nice if this was fixed in next versions of KSP. (Also, it would feel awesome to actually contribute something to this game!)

Thank You very much for Your support, have a nice one.

Cheers, BigGuy

13 hours ago, bewing said:

Would you like someone to make a bug report out of this for you, and put it into the bugtracker so it gets some attention?

I'll take care of it sometime in the future, thanks.

3 hours ago, WildLynx said:

100s of kilometres around.

:D:D:D I guess so xD

Also, thread has misleading title at this point, maybe mods should rename/delete it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.