[1.5.1] PSA Greenhouse for USI Life Support v. 1.5.1 - 2018Nov05

panarchist

50 minutes ago, panarchist said:

Ok, so what's happened is that I've never updated the tech tree location at all, and it's using the format that several of the older mods that used the model utilized - which dates back to 0.24 or something like that. I'm pretty sure that KSP dropped support for the old method in the change from 1.5.x to 1.6.x because everyone and their grandma has already moved to something more recent and more CCK-friendly. I need to learn how to do the new format, which I will read up on or pester someone in the mod forum threads to help me out, and I can get this updated probably tomorrow - barring any serious craziness in my day job. Thanks for catching this and pointing it out, @max-peck

If you're going to rely on CCK, it's easy: Add 'cck-lifesupport' as on of the 'tags' in the config.

On 1/2/2019 at 6:24 PM, panarchist said:

Ok, so what's happened is that I've never updated the tech tree location at all, and it's using the format that several of the older mods that used the model utilized - which dates back to 0.24 or something like that. I'm pretty sure that KSP dropped support for the old method in the change from 1.5.x to 1.6.x because everyone and their grandma has already moved to something more recent and more CCK-friendly. I need to learn how to do the new format, which I will read up on or pester someone in the mod forum threads to help me out, and I can get this updated probably tomorrow - barring any serious craziness in my day job. Thanks for catching this and pointing it out, @max-peck

Ok, I was over-thinking this. Nothing changed in 1.6, I just can't deploy worth a damn. The Spacedock version has the wrong directory structure. The "PSA-Greenhouse" folder needs to be inside a folder called "PanarchistSpaceAlliance". If you create  a "PanarchistSpaceAlliance" folder in your GameData folder, and drag the PSA-Greenhouse folder into it, then the parts will appear in the "Utility" tab in the Editor parts list.

I'll upload a new version in a day or two when I get time - I need to reconcile differences between the versions on Spacedock and Github, and then will upload a new version which has the CCK tag for life support. Sorry for the inconvenience, @max-peck

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

If you create  a "PanarchistSpaceAlliance" folder in your GameData folder, and drag the PSA-Greenhouse folder into it, then the parts will appear in the "Utility" tab in the Editor parts list.

Yep - that worked a treat

1 hour ago, panarchist said:

Sorry for the inconvenience, @max-peck

Honestly - no apology necessary.

Many thanks for your help panarchist &)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 12/11/2017 at 11:13 PM, panarchist said:

Hi @Jiraiyah - I'm hoping to get back to it soon, I haven't been Kerballing lately due to family stuff and writing a novel for NaNoWriMo. Currently, I have draft config files for USI-LS, TAC-LS, and Snacks. I'm not planning on doing Kerbalism since they already have a greenhouse which last I checked was using zzz's model also. The draft configs don't appear to be correctly balanced, and it's likely I will need some community feedback to make them so. I'll see what I can do about posting an updated testing copy in-thread (i.e. on Github) soon (TM) so that those who are interested can try it out and provide feedback.

note - "soon" means either this weekend, or the following one right before Christmas.

I came back to game after long time, downloaded your mod but don't think adding the fully closed cycle USI was added?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
13 minutes ago, AtomicTech said:

@panarchist, can I use a modified version of this mod in my Junkyards Mod?

The art and model are public domain, the config files are GPLv3, so yes, you can create derivative works and distribute them, but you'll want to call out specifically in the Junkyards mod that the PSA Greenhouse config files (and only those) are GPL 3 and retain the GPLV3.txt license file. (as required by the license) The specific callout is necessary because otherwise you're putting the whole mod under GPLv3, and that license isn't compatible with certain other licenses like MIT. This reminds me that I really should update, re-license, and redistribute this mod as MIT once I review and replace the configs. 

Looks like you already did that in the Github repository for AtomicTech-Inc.-Junkyards. So you should be good to go.

TLDR - you don't actually need to ask, just adhere to the license - but yes, and thanks for asking.

18 minutes ago, panarchist said:

The art and model are public domain, the config files are GPLv3, so yes, you can create derivative works and distribute them, but you'll want to call out specifically in the Junkyards mod that the PSA Greenhouse config files (and only those) are GPL 3 and retain the GPLV3.txt license file. (as required by the license) The specific callout is necessary because otherwise you're putting the whole mod under GPLv3, and that license isn't compatible with certain other licenses like MIT. This reminds me that I really should update, re-license, and redistribute this mod as MIT once I review and replace the configs. 

Looks like you already did that in the Github repository for AtomicTech-Inc.-Junkyards. So you should be good to go.

TLDR - you don't actually need to ask, just adhere to the license - but yes, and thanks for asking.

Thanks! Will do!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.