Vertical Velocity - how to VTOL

Hi all, 

Which mod is the best for controlling vtol craft?

I've tried a number of them and I can't seem to figure out how to let a mod control the vertical to horizontal transition.

Throttle controlled avionics gets installed and unistalled regullaly, as on paper is sounds great but can't figure out how to work it. 

Vertical Velocity Control seems good until it asked to remap all the keys to make it work. 

Any other ones that you would recomend?

Thanks

GE

Hello,

I usually use a combination of Throttle controlled avionics (principally for vertical speed control) and Davon Throttle Control systems (for the multiple thrust manual handles for each engine group).

I got a pretty stable 45 t/2 kerbals/mk2 based VTOL but piloting is still requiring training due to multiple mods interface and aircraft stability. Take-off is pretty easy but slowing down to go in vertical landing mode needs constant attention.

See you,

Vive_moi

Edited by Vive_moi

1 hour ago, Vive_moi said:

Hello,

I usually use a combination of Throttle controlled avionics (principally for vertical speed control) and Davon Throttle Control systems (for the multiple thrust manual handles for each engine group).

I got a pretty stable 45 t/2 kerbals/mk2 based VTOL but piloting is still requiring training due to multiple mods interface and aircraft stability. Take-off is pretty easy but slowing down to go in vertical landing mode needs constant attention.

See you,

Vive_moi

So the two mods play well together?  I've always tried one at a time. 

Thanks

I did not notice any bug. You just have to define the engine groups on both systems.

The only way back is I lose the main thruster key binding due to TCA. (But, I did not search a lot any workaround.)

My configuration is : engines group 1 : VTOL engines, engines group 2 : main engines

Vm

Edited by Vive_moi

Vertical Velocity Control asked you to remap keys to work?

It shouldn't do that, there is an option to bind a single key if you want to use it for keyboard control, but I think most people use mouse control with it these days.

It should also hook into Davon's Throttle Control with the specific purpose of making the vertical <-> horizontal flight transition easier.

(Control by action group is also possible if you also install ModActions, but I don't think that control method's had a lot of interest.)

D.

Edited by Diazo

15 hours ago, Diazo said:

Vertical Velocity Control asked you to remap keys to work?

It shouldn't do that, there is an option to bind a single key if you want to use it for keyboard control, but I think most people use mouse control with it these days.

It should also hook into Davon's Throttle Control with the specific purpose of making the vertical <-> horizontal flight transition easier.

(Control by action group is also possible if you also install ModActions, but I don't think that control method's had a lot of interest.)

D.

Thanks,  

I was playing with TCA again last night after watching your videos, flew great, landed great, everytime I turned off the vertical thrust, crash and burn.

When i activate it in orbit with just one engine and perform a manouver the thrust is limited to just 1% or 2%    is this normal?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.