Save file right before Station explodes

I have a quick save file where my station Hub, explodes as soon as it starts. I can delay it by time warping or going to the space center but if I focus on Hub, it will explode. This is really depressing since the station holds 30000 fuel and a tug, and an orbital construction yard. 

Any ideas how to save it? I'm gonna try to hyper edit it or install joint reinforcement mod. Maybe I should dive into the save file and copy the station?

Mod list

Usi, KER, mechjeb, RPM, Eve , planet shine, RMM, EP, R&d, KIS KAS. Better burn time. 

How exactly does it explode? Spontaneously? Is it shaking then exploding? Do you have Klaws on the station? If it is a spontaneous explosion, I can't help you. Maybe it is an asteroid problem (if you have an asteroid on your station). If it starts to shake, try Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. If it has klaws or lots of docking ports, try undocking as many as possible before the explosion. If all else fails, build a replica of it in the VAB and HyperEdit it to orbit. Have you tried approaching it with another vessel yet?

Hope I helped, I haven't had this happen before, though.

WAIT do you have anything connected with KAS pipes? I have had problems with those before.

It says parts are losing structural integrity and then the parts fly apart at high speed. I'm at work, so I'll post screen shots when I get home. 

No pipes in use. No SAS in use. No asteroids in use. I'll check for shaking and see how exactly it explodes. Iirc,t spontaneously explodes.  It is long and heavy, but it i could have sworn I built bigger in previous versions. No klaw in use. 

I have a save with a similar situation, my station doesn't explode however, the parts just simply seem to fly off at a massive velocity, and the CoM of the station is then re-calculated, meaning the station then recedes from view, as the CoM is no longer anywhere near any physical part of it. I've tried all the ALT+F12 options, tried removing as many mods as possible without breaking it, but still the damn thing disassembles. I'd have shared it long ago if I thought it wasn't just a random Kraken attack, now I'm not so sure. I can put it up somewhere for people to look at, thought the list of required mods is.... quite long :wink:

Possibly helpful anecdote: I recently had a save file with a spaceplane docked to an interplanetary tug, and every time I loaded the savefile, the spaceplane's wings would explode. I tried installing the joint reinforcement mod, re-loaded the savefile, and everything worked just fine.

UPDATE:

My problem was clipping. 

I already had this problem in the VAB when I put the ship launch pad up.  But I didn’t realize you could have it after docking. 

Apparently (IMHO, I have no evidence of this but this is my guess) you can dock two spaceships (or parts of spaceships) that touch without a problem.  As long as you continue you’re fine.  But if you save and reload, when it rebuilds the model in the computer memory now the parts intersect.  Now they’re clipped. So now part one is pushing against part two but they are interlocked so they can’t come apart, so part two pushes back with an equal and opposite force, and then part one pushes back with an opposite force to that, PLUS its original force (and due to a flaw of the physics model)  the forces is just keep accumulating.

Anyway, advice to the OP: reload the game and undocked the last thing you docked to your station.

If that doesn’t work watch the thing shake itself apart and notice what part comes off before it stops shaking.

Let me know if that helped,

EDIT: NO! I spoke too soon! :(

As soon as I reconnect all the parts to this thing (now WITH NOTHING TOUCHING) , it starts shaking, and rips itself apart.

I have two identical landers on both sides of this thing and if I undock either of them the shaking stops, and as soon as I put them both back on... shake rattle and boom!

ALSO:

yes there are (4!) grabber units. unused. I thought they were OK now ( I never any probs w/ them) what the story w/ them?

Edited by Brainlord Mesomorph

I had a space station once that generated an absurd amount of heat for no reason causing a similar BOOM! when switching to it or entering its physics range. Try turning off heat damage in ALT+F12 prior to loading the station.

I doubt it but I'll try. Maybe the no clipping cheat as well? Hmmm, what if I hyper edit it to a high Eve, maybe the gravity can hold the ship together. 

Edited by sardia

Alright, the good news is I saved my space station. The bad news is it's now hyperedited into an unstable orbit on the Mun.

From what I can tell, any attempt to edit the orbit around kerbin causes it to disassemble at high speeds. The orbit around the Mun is very unstable, as the orbit is changing from imaginary forces.  I can reboost it back into it's original 80x80 orbit, so I have some time. The orbit while at 1x speed steadily decreases around it's PE. Maybe it's the docking ports?

1 hour ago, sardia said:

Alright, the good news is I saved my space station. The bad news is it's now hyperedited into an unstable orbit on the Mun.

From what I can tell, any attempt to edit the orbit around kerbin causes it to disassemble at high speeds. The orbit around the Mun is very unstable, as the orbit is changing from imaginary forces.  I can reboost it back into it's original 80x80 orbit, so I have some time. The orbit while at 1x speed steadily decreases around it's PE. Maybe it's the docking ports?

There's most likely a stuck part. Try undocking any crafts attached to your station, then move the core to its previous orbit and assemble the station craft by craft. See what happens.

8 hours ago, Aperture Science said:

There's most likely a stuck part. Try undocking any crafts attached to your station, then move the core to its previous orbit and assemble the station craft by craft. See what happens.

What is a stuck part?
I have some of the same issue now, 
37Sra2Nm.png
This ship was launched without the huge cross shaped station in center, that part was launched independently and went to Mun then Minimus for contracts, 
Launch the orion with the huge rover, undock the huge rover, dock station then dock the huge rover on top. First I had some parts fall off so I used more kas struts and it held together until reload. 
No nothing helps not even turning on all the cheats. 
Luckily I have an save from before docking starts. 

Has done this before with another version of this base.  I suspect that the weight is the issue here, the orion engine and fuel is 200 ton, the station has an full 3.75 meter fuel tank, tank was empty on previous station. fell that the two weights are pushing together on load. 

Thanks, for the tip, I removed a bunch of docking ports and undocked my tug. Seems to have solved the problem. I probably have to wait til 1.13 for a more permanent fix.

On 6/18/2016 at 10:50 PM, Aperture Science said:

Edited by sardia

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.