Newcomer's Multi-request and questions: Hovering, Slaved RCS, and Halo

Core

Is there a mod that can limit a craft's altitude? Or one that can maintain a hover? Or at least cause a craft to maintain a speed of 0 m/s when not in use?

I ask because I am unsure and haven't found one.

I think this could tie into the "vertical velocity" because of this:

I have tried making a hover tank via jet engines and BD Armory, but my tank only either goes up or down, not a real hovering point.

A mod that could slave engines to RCS would be interesting. Why? Ever notice how in space combat games, the craft are so much easier to control then in KSP? 

The above mod request could couple well with this one, if used in space. RCS is not exactly strong, and trying to get a craft to quickly stop without changing it's course to prograde (or retrograde?) while docking to avoid a collision.

Point is, I was hoping for something that could increase the mobility of a craft via engines controlled by RCS. I can see this mod as not being a very logical mod, that it only works for a small niche of things, but I thought it would be neat.

I have not found this anywhere, so I would want to request this. This is where the questions come in:

I have seen planet mods, things that add new planets to the game, etc.

But what about a mod that brings in a Halo from the Halo games?

the gravity for dealing with a Halo would certainly be quarky, since there is no center to the Halo. Not even sure if these things have any real gravity.

So, how possible would it be to add a Halo structure/planet to the game?

Hopefully these are decent and not ignorant questions.

On 6/13/2016 at 4:37 PM, Nippie1995 said:

I think the mod for question number 1 would be Throttle Controlled Avionics. I don't remember exactly what it does but I think it adds all the functions you need.

Thanks for that. That was one mod I was hoping to come across. Now to figure out how to access it properly...

As for question/request 2, that one isn't really that important. It would be a pain trying to build a craft that could take advantage of that anyway.

On 13/06/2016 at 7:36 PM, Core said:

A mod that could slave engines to RCS would be interesting. Why? Ever notice how in space combat games, the craft are so much easier to control then in KSP?

That s the effect of KSP realistic physics vs "space combat games" arcade physics or ridiculous powerful "RCS"

On 6/15/2016 at 4:22 AM, sarbian said:

That s the effect of KSP realistic physics vs "space combat games" arcade physics or ridiculous powerful "RCS"

KSP did give me a pretty good idea on how space travel worked. It was after seeing how orbit worked that I understood what one astronaut meant when he said that orbiting was falling.

When one thinks about it, arcade space craft to do not make any efficient sense.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.