[REQUEST] T-6B Texan II

DSC_1580%20T-6A%2003-0681%20right%20fronscreen_shot_2012-01-24_at_5.53.40_pm1327

Specs Here

Could someone replicate this for me as accurate to the real specs as possible? I've made a replica version myself but can't seem to make it fly (DOWNLOAD HERE - I used KAX, and I believe that's it, but if not, let me know and I'll check it out). I don't seem to be producing lift, the propeller is wrong (It's a four-blade, so I resorted to clipping two two-blades on top of each other at 90 degree separation). Other than that, it's just kind of off. I've never been good with replicas.

Mods are very much okay. FAR is a must; if you can recommend any other realism mods, shoot!

I'm a student in flight training at the moment, and I'm planning to use this to practice my maneuvers/procedures. I would seriously appreciate any help, as I spent 2 hours making a craft that doesn't even work. In return, I can upload game footage compared to real life footage of how I used this to help me.

Thanks in advance,

-LT

Edited by lolstock

Ok, nerd mode activate:

DSC_1580%20T-6A%2003-0681%20right%20fron

Firstly, this is a T6A Texan 2, not a B. I know this, because this particular aircraft is stationed at United States Air Force Base Randolph in Universal City Texas. It is from the 12 Flying Training Wing. The 12th FTW are a part of the Air Education Training Command or AETC also at USAF Randolph AFB. Sorry to stomp on the thread, but, the chance to fully nerd out like this is rare. I too would LOVE and I MEAN LOVE to see what someone comes up to duplicate this fine aircraft!

If I may ask a question, why are you looking to practice aeronautical manoeuvres in KSP, instead of say FSX or X-Plane? If I'm honest, I think they would offer a far more realistic experience to prepare you for the real world :) 

2 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

If I may ask a question, why are you looking to practice aeronautical manoeuvres in KSP, instead of say FSX or X-Plane? If I'm honest, I think they would offer a far more realistic experience to prepare you for the real world :) 

To be honest,I didn't know those existed, and I already own KSP ha. Either way, I play KSP in my free time so if I get even a little training value out of it I'm happy,I'm just plaYing for fun.

10 hours ago, Azimech said:

A tip for building replica's: go for procedural parts, you get way better results with it.

And I'm interested in seeing footage of procedures.

I may give it a go again; I'm having issues with that mod atm.

10 hours ago, AlamoVampire said:

Firstly, this is a T6A Texan 2, not a B. I know this, because this particular aircraft is stationed at United States Air Force Base Randolph in Universal City Texas.

My mistake haha, I'm impressed though, the exterior is nearly identical. We use the B version at NAS Corpus Christi though!

Edited by lolstock

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.