Hi all,

I'm new here. Just upgraded to windows 10 (not my choice) and reinstalled KSP. When loading the game the load bar sits on "loading asset bundles" and doesn't seem to move (for at least 5 minutes anyway) the game doesn't crash or freeze, it just sits there. It never did this before and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or anyone know of a solution?

10 hours ago, Deskbot said:

Hi all,

I'm new here. Just upgraded to windows 10 (not my choice) and reinstalled KSP. When loading the game the load bar sits on "loading asset bundles" and doesn't seem to move (for at least 5 minutes anyway) the game doesn't crash or freeze, it just sits there. It never did this before and I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem or anyone know of a solution?

Have you tried right clicking on the exe and "running as administrator"?  Seemed to solve a similar problem for me....

SM

16 hours ago, Speeding Mullet said:

Have you tried right clicking on the exe and "running as administrator"?  Seemed to solve a similar problem for me....

SM

You are a genius, I am a clown. Thanks for your help and understanding :)

<shudders at the thought of win 10> <throws salt over both shoulders> As to "Loading Asset Bundles" Im on win 7 x64 home premium yadda yadda and it holds there at "Loading Asset Bundles" for me too. Stands still for 10-15 seconds sometimes less sometimes more and then moves on. I run as admin too, so, you may still see it hold there. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.