FASTCORP Autogarage - Real Cars for KSP!

11 hours ago, Superman said:

Oh my god I've always wanted this (I'm a 100% car guy)

Would be insane if you would do a VW bus, a Reliant Robin and a Peterbilt truck

Gotcha! However, to keep myself from getting backed up I'm going to limit each pack to 5 cars. Yours will be in the pack after next, if I can find models :D

On 6/28/2016 at 4:41 PM, fast_de_la_speed said:

Attention all who follow this thread and have requested vehicles:
KSP is hating my graphics driver. Turns out it was MSI Afterburner

Hide contents

er6bm8Q.png

Until I fix this error, mod progress is paused. Sorry about that.

Huh

Never happened to me...

18 hours ago, Concodroid said:

I do have a solution(s), although probably stupid...

1) Don't use a graphics card- 

I can run max settings- ~30 FPS with Integrated Graphics alone(stock)

Any mods and.... it crashes (unless i turn down settings)

2) Don't overclock

Unless you are a hard-core gamer/youtuber, you don't really need Afterburner...

3) underclock it to a reasonable speed, that MAY help

Be carefull when overclocking, BTW

1) I can't have integrated, my motherboard doesn't have it

2) I use MSI for the custom fan curve only cause Radeon Settings really lacks in that department

3) it's okay, as long as I quit Afterburner then launch it when the game is running

18 hours ago, Concodroid said:

Are you gonna upload it to Spacedock?

Or...

I'll upload it on a friends website when I get the time. right now I'm working 56 hours a week and also renovating my house, so I don't have tons of mod time. I'll try to get it up sometime tomorrow :D

It's in the OP, have fun!

Edited by fast_de_la_speed

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

After a couple weeks of hard work I have a week off! Yay! Ariel Atom is finished and available to download in the OP spoiler. This car is an EVA-Seat vehicle!

Spoiler

60lDLd3.png

Hopefully the rest of Pack 2 will be finished this week.

Edited by fast_de_la_speed

Aww... No rainbow of colours for my truck? :P   In all seriousness thanks for adding it though! It's excellent!

Thought I'd let you know that there's a typo. You have "LAnd" instead of "Land" for the land rover wheel name.

Any chance there's a more convenient way to make them need air? Module Manager perhaps? As you add more and more vehicles, adjusting each and every config file is getting tedious. Especially if you have ckan overwriting them every update.

6 hours ago, Cultist_O said:

Aww... No rainbow of colours for my truck? :P   In all seriousness thanks for adding it though! It's excellent!

Thought I'd let you know that there's a typo. You have "LAnd" instead of "Land" for the land rover wheel name.

Any chance there's a more convenient way to make them need air? Module Manager perhaps? As you add more and more vehicles, adjusting each and every config file is getting tedious. Especially if you have ckan overwriting them every update.

Argh, I rushed the truck and I forgot that! Thanks for suggesting modulemanager for the air configs, that totally slipped my mind. I'll be updating it today. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Ey it's me again with more requests! Could you maybe do a Crown Vic and possibly a 1949 Ford F-1? The F-1 has been one of my dream since I was a kid, especially in light blue with black bumpers (also with yellow-ish light brown interior) I drew it a loong time ago and been in love with the color scheme ever since and would love to build one someday irl

Can you include that as one of the paint options? (Pm me for more accurate details)

*mega facepalm* you dident need a costum fuel! the cars could haw been fuel cells! generating electric charge. that then the wheels. CAN USE! like the stock wheels! makes you not needing to make as much code. and makes so we dont haw to do work.

37 minutes ago, fredrik(swe) said:

*mega facepalm* you dident need a costum fuel! the cars could haw been fuel cells! generating electric charge. that then the wheels. CAN USE! like the stock wheels! makes you not needing to make as much code. and makes so we dont haw to do work.

I think the idea behind using a custom fuel was to make the cars need liquid fuel rather than electricity. (If the wheels just used regular electricity, you'd be able to run them off of a few solar panels or batteries)

I'll admit, it's a tad convoluted, but I'm not sure how you figure this system adds work at the player end. You just load up fuel, which is what you would expect to do.

How have I not been using this for all this time!?  I've always wanted cars, real cars, in KSP.   Plus, these work okay with the new wheel physics, at least, better than expected.  Most everything else I've tried either bounces around like crazy, rolls at the first sign of a corner, or proceeds to flip out and explode at the slightest hint of a bump.  Plus, you have a patch (can't call it a fix, though I'd love to) for the unnecessary "wheel blocked" crap.

I have made a slight adjustment for personal use, and that's to put in a generator that constantly replenishes liquid fuel... at a rate much slower than the engines consume it.  Means I can drive further for longer, because the only thing I have to do is shut the engine off, park a while, and 'gas up' my car or truck.

Actually been enjoying this so far.  It's nice having cars to wander around Kerbin, especially with Kerbal Konstructs and Kerbinside giving me places to actually drive around and drive to.

Also, I like that (at least the truck, from the number of times I've used it) the vehicles have just enough reaction wheel torque to pull a gentle, lazy roll back to their wheels.  Makes things much easier when I've pulled an oops and sent the truck tumbling down yet-another-hill.

Also liking the fact that while the wheels do occasionally break (I've done some stupid things in these so far, including driving way-too-fast offroad), they aren't exactly difficult to fix.  They don't pull the whole little "Leap 10 feet in the air on Kerbin, then pancake and break all the wheels again" thing like wheels used to do in pre-1.1 versions.  (I suppose that's one good thing about the new wheel system, I guess.)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.