FASTCORP Autogarage - Real Cars for KSP!

Well, I'm just crazy enough to have done it, but I dropped this into KSP 1.2, forgot about the fact that there's settings stuff to mess with, but found out something awesome:

It works!  And it doesn't appear to need the settings changes anymore, because this was a fresh install of 1.2.  And... I dare say it works better than before.  I can put wheels on cars that would otherwise have made the wheels inoperable (like the Land Rover wheels on the F-150.  Yes, they used to be lightly problematic, but not anymore) and promptly go driving all over the KSC without a problem.

I tend to set the traction control and friction control to Override, but I don't mind a hint of 'slippery' because a hint more Friction seems to cure that.

My mind treats the Friction slider like choosing my tires.  I can use a lower Friction to give the car a more arcade drifty feel, or a higher friction to give a more aggressive, sticky racing tire feel.

Haven't tried the LP5000 yet, but my testing vehicle was the F-150 because I found it to be the least likely to roll in 1.1, and in 1.2, it made a great testing platform.

To be fair, I like the slightly slippery feel, because I'd rather slide and spin instead of having the old problem KSP stock wheels had before they all got broken in 1.1, which was grip-rolling at low speeds.

I just tried using this on a 1.2 install.  Cars just sat there, using a/d made the wheels tilt in odd directions, I could see the wheels spinning, but no movement.  Also, the wheels are sunken in the runway about 1/3 of the way.

This was the 2a version

Any ideas?

Edited by linuxgurugamer

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

I just tried using this on a 1.2 install.  Cars just sat there, using a/d made the wheels tilt in odd directions, I could see the wheels spinning, but no movement.  Also, the wheels are sunken in the runway about 1/3 of the way.

This was the 2a version

Any ideas?

ah yes, you must have forgotten to press "s" once before placing the tire in the SPH. The tires have different orientations (I work in Blender, and these are imported from GTA:SA [Renderware] and i had a big headache trying to get the rotations of the wheels the same as the cars, it never worked.) Some wheels have emblems on them that help you determine if they are right side up or not (Alfa Romero comes to mind) but for others, please remember to press "s" once before rotating/placing them elsewhere.

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Baconwarrior750 said:

Im having trouble with the wheels, no matter where I am the wheels like to clip through the ground on all vehicles

1 hour ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Screenshot?

Video?

Log File?

I guess he forgot to rotate them. Without suspension it's hard to tell what is correct position for "wheel_down" to be "ksp_down".

@fast_de_la_speed 

Do you think you can eventually do something with this?

xDoNn81.png

Interiors:

Qnojo2w.png

Links:

Tank Body: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ecjGtmpCT1czFpblMxbGRqc28

Interiors:  https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0ecjGtmpCT1ZW0xM2RVeURmb1U

It would be perfect with Kerbal Foundries tracks and BD Armory Turret

5 hours ago, Warro said:

I guess he forgot to rotate them. Without suspension it's hard to tell what is correct position for "wheel_down" to be "ksp_down".

yes, that's true. most tires have emblems on them that tell what way is up

4 hours ago, Wolfair corp. said:

@fast_de_la_speed 

Do you think you can eventually do something with this?      

ah, well, I'm kind of done with this mod, because I have other mods I'd like to create. if I have time I will start any other outstanding vehicle requests  

6 hours ago, fast_de_la_speed said:

if I have time I will start any other outstanding vehicle requests  

Its only because I am not that bad in modelling, but the last time I tried to make something for ksp it resulted with a big explosion on the launch pad and the dead of Jebediah.

Take your time, happy modding!

17 hours ago, Madrias said:

Well, I think a few pages back, I did mention a hearse, but also mentioned there was no rush to it.

I think that request actually morphed into the ecto 1, I think because I couldn't find any models for a hearse (from GTA SA) other than the ecto 1.

17 hours ago, Wolfair corp. said:

Its only because I am not that bad in modelling, but the last time I tried to make something for ksp it resulted with a big explosion on the launch pad and the dead of Jebediah.

Take your time, happy modding!

thank you!  

Also, any chance of an interior for the hot-rod pickup?  I've found myself liking to use that one because being bare-frame out back gives me the ability to put literally anything on the back of the truck and have it not look weird.

21 hours ago, Madrias said:

Also, any chance of an interior for the hot-rod pickup?  I've found myself liking to use that one because being bare-frame out back gives me the ability to put literally anything on the back of the truck and have it not look weird.

it actually came with no interior, maybe if I invert the model and put some chairs in there it will look okay, but who knows.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.