MechJeb Failure

So here's the rub: I have a copy of the newest KSP update (1.1.2) and I put Mechjeb onto it. So far, worked like a charm. Fired it up today, and the takeoff works fine, but when it gets near it's apoapsis the craft does several things. 1: Creates the node for the maneuver. 2: Doesn't line up for the maneuver. 3: Spins out of control, like the wheel has just been allowed to go free. 4: Fails to throttle up. 5: Continues counting past the maneuver. 6: Hits the ground in what the scientists refer to as a "Gravity's poodle" move. I've tried this with every craft I made as well as the stock ones, and I get the same result. I've turned on RCS, played with corrective steering, all of it. I don't know why it just began to glitch out. Please help!

don't know if this is your problem but when my MJ messes up like this its due to where the "control from" is.

for instance if my vessel has a cupola on both ends and the wrong cupola has the "control from here" on IT, then mechJeb will flip out and go mental. just a thought.

Do you have RemoteTech installed? I get similar issues with it, generally because MechJeb is considered to be part of Mission Control.

Are you using the latest development version of Mechjeb? If so try using the release and see if it works.

Edited by RA3236

1 hour ago, RA3236 said:

Do you have RemoteTech installed? I get similar issues with it, generally because MechJeb is considered to be part of Mission Control.

Are you using the latest development version of Mechjeb? If so try using the release and see if it works.

Since when is MJ considered to be a part of the MC?

-----

@Doctor Dimension It's standard procedure to provide logs when requesting support. It sounds to me as though it's not mechjeb at fault. Are you using the Ascent Tool? If so, there is a circularization option in it, near the bottom.

Do you have remote tech installed? Sounds like a loss of control/command half way through due to distance/curvature from Mission Control.

This is also not the proper venue for support requests.

I have a solution. When the Apoapsis rises to your desired altitude, turn off the accent guidance autopilot.  

open the MechJeb menu and choose maneuver

planner. After you open that, choose the "circularize" option, then hit the "create and execute" option. MechJeb will 

put your rocket into a perfect circular orbit. After that, you are free to go anywhere. 

Note: I had this same problem too, and I figured it out this way. However, it may not work for you.

7 hours ago, Deimos Rast said:

Since when is MJ considered to be a part of the MC?

-----

@Doctor Dimension It's standard procedure to provide logs when requesting support. It sounds to me as though it's not mechjeb at fault. Are you using the Ascent Tool? If so, there is a circularization option in it, near the bottom.

Do you have remote tech installed? Sounds like a loss of control/command half way through due to distance/curvature from Mission Control.

This is also not the proper venue for support requests.

As soon as I figure out how to post logs (bit of a noob in such manners), I'll post em. I don't have RemoteTech, just vanilla Mechjeb. Also, I didn't know where to post support requests. 

6 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

I have a solution. When the Apoapsis rises to your desired altitude, turn off the accent guidance autopilot.  

open the MechJeb menu and choose maneuver

planner. After you open that, choose the "circularize" option, then hit the "create and execute" option. MechJeb will 

put your rocket into a perfect circular orbit. After that, you are free to go anywhere. 

Note: I had this same problem too, and I figured it out this way. However, it may not work for you.

I'm gonna have to try that! Thanks!

18 hours ago, Lo Var Lachland said:

Happy to help. :)

Tried your maneuver trick, and it ignored it completely. ;.;

10 hours ago, Van Disaster said:

If you're using FAR, make sure it's assists are off...

Not using FAR

On 6/15/2016 at 6:41 PM, icedown said:

Are you running out of power?

No, it still sits at almost full battery with everything, and I can manually control it.

7 hours ago, Doctor Dimension said:

Tried your maneuver trick, and it ignored it completely. ;.;

Not using FAR

No, it still sits at almost full battery with everything, and I can manually control it.

Dang it. I'm sorry about that. Maybe you can delete MechJeb and reinstall it?

6 hours ago, Doctor Dimension said:

So, deleted the whole thing, began anew, reinstalled mechjeb. It worked fine for a while, and just now it began doing the same thing again. This really sucks.

I get this bug from time to time.  Mechjeb isn't going to work perfectly until Patch 1.1.3 because your focused vessel loses orbital altitude (no matter what) when not time warping.  This messes with the auto pilot calcs and can cause all sorts of problems.  Not sure if this is causing this particular problem but I've been fighting Mechjeb alot lately.  But I've also used it for years and have bazillions of workarounds for things

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.