Precise Node [1.2.0 for 1.0.5] How do I install it? [Videos Appreciated or Annoated Screenshots]

8 hours ago, OhioBob said:

Just copy the folder "PreciseNode" from the zip file into the game's "GameData" folder.

So the PreciseNode.sin isn't needed? Also I tried just copying the folder "PReciseNode" from the zip file into the game's "GameData" folder but it doesn't work...solutions appreciated!

Edited by Guest

Right click the zip file and extract it to it's own folder.

Go to that folder and find the "Precise Node" folder that is in the "GameData" folder. The file address at the top of the screen should look like this: Users>Deran(That's my name, yours will be different I imagine.)>Downloads>PreciseNode-1.2.3>PreciseNode-1.2.3>GameData>PreciseNode

That is the folder you need to place in your GameData folder that is in the KSP install directory.

5 hours ago, awfulcraftdesigns said:

So the PreciseNode.sin isn't needed? Also I tried just copying the folder "PReciseNode" from the zip file into the game's "GameData" folder but it doesn't work...solutions appreciated!

PreciseNode.sin? Oh...wait a second you must be using the wrong link, you went to github where the mods source code can be downloaded, that's developer type stuff you don't need.

This is the link you want: https://www.blizzy.de/precise-node/download.html

Edited by Rocket In My Pocket

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

Right click the zip file and extract it to it's own folder.

Go to that folder and find the "Precise Node" folder that is in the "GameData" folder. The file address at the top of the screen should look like this: Users>Deran(That's my name, yours will be different I imagine.)>Downloads>PreciseNode-1.2.3>PreciseNode-1.2.3>GameData>PreciseNode

That is the folder you need to place in your GameData folder that is in the KSP install directory.

PreciseNode.sin? Oh...wait a second you must be using the wrong link, you went to github where the mods source code can be downloaded, that's developer type stuff you don't need.

This is the link you want: https://www.blizzy.de/precise-node/download.html

Slight hiccup in all of that...I need the blizzy.de site that gives me the 1.2.0 Precise Node download since I'm running 1.0.5 meaning that 1.2.3 won't work? I believe atleast.

1 hour ago, Rocket In My Pocket said:

That's Precise Node version 1.2.3 for KSP 1.1.2.  If an old version of Precise Node for KSP 1.0.5 is needed, then @awfulcraftdesigns may be out of luck.  It doesn't look like older versions are still available for download.

4 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

That's Precise Node version 1.2.3 for KSP 1.1.2.  If an old version of Precise Node for KSP 1.0.5 is needed, then @awfulcraftdesigns may be out of luck.  It doesn't look like older versions are still available for download.

So am I correct in saying that the 1.2.3 Version will not work for 1.0.5? And if so, what is the next closet mode to that (that isn't Mechjeb) Sorry just wondering, thanks anyway @OhioBob and please either notify me here or in PM if you do find something suitable similar to PreciseNode?

Also, even though this is off-topic would anyone mind creating a avatar pic and custom flag for me?

Edited by Guest

I don't know if 1.2.3 is backward compatible with KSP 1.0.5.  My guess would be no, because most 1.0.5 compatible mods became broken when KSP 1.1.0 was released.  I don't know of anything else that does the same job as Precise Node. 

2 minutes ago, OhioBob said:

I don't know if 1.2.3 is backward compatible with KSP 1.0.5.  My guess would be no, because most 1.0.5 compatible mods became broken when KSP 1.1.0 was released.  I don't know of anything else that does the same job as Precise Node. 

Shame, guess my luck did run out, and that is annyoing since I'm test piloting my Duna Lander which has "Nerv" Engines (2 of them to be precise, technically 1600 ISP) and I can't exactly eyeball the encounter if you get me? And the maneuver nodes are so jerky it is hard to pinpoint an encounter using them. Also got two orange jumbo tanks that are nearly empty, with a Skipper Engine at the back of them (320 ISP I believe)

Edited by Guest

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.