Make KSPedia accessible online/downloadable

As the title suggests, have a copy of the in game KSPedia that can be accessed out of the game from tablets and mobiles etc.  PDF format would make it pretty universal.

This would enable players, and prospective new players, to see how things work and plan whilst not in game.  I know the Wiki pages are a 'thing', and very useful too, but it is never very clear how up to date they are.  By having a copy of the official KSPedia that gets updated at the same time as the in game one we could be confident that the info is up to date.

Yes, I can see potential problems with 'spoilers' if in the future some form of discovery game mechanic gets introduced, but the online version need only give the 'basic knowledge' page for affected bodies etc.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have the first clue about app programming, but surely a semi-competent developer could throw something together in 20 minutes. The simplest form would surely be a front menu page linking to pictures with a "Back" button.

18 hours ago, Pronoes said:

Don't get me wrong, I don't have the first clue about app programming, but surely a semi-competent developer could throw something together in 20 minutes. The simplest form would surely be a front menu page linking to pictures with a "Back" button.

@ZooNamedGames @Pronoes

http://codewithchris.com/how-to-make-iphone-apps-with-no-programming-experience/

http://www.appypie.com/iphone-app-builder

Edited by Enceos

18 hours ago, ZooNamedGames said:

Still :/ . I want something I can on my phone without Internet.

I'm a caveman when it comes to smartphones... But don't they usually have a default function that can store, display or even scroll images?

If not, I have a best-selling app idea. ^_^

Edited by Evanitis

11 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

coding, is coding. I've tried to pick it up before.

The links I gave you require "adding pics and links to your forum posts" level of "coding" skillz

Edited by Enceos

16 minutes ago, Evanitis said:

I'm a caveman when it comes to smartphones... But don't they usually have a default function that can store, display or even scroll images?

If not, I have a best-selling app idea. ^_^

They do, but that's a lot pics and a lot of memory. I'd rather save the space for more important pictures.

9 minutes ago, Enceos said:

The links I gave you require "adding pics and links to your forum posts" level of "coding" skillz

Then what does the development of the app?

On 16/06/2016 at 5:07 PM, CliftonM said:

Just throwing this out here:

(http://imgur.com/a/av8VK)

Thanks for that, I had forgotten they did that, but unless I am mistaken this was put on imgur around the time 1.1 was released.  I know most of it won't have changed a great deal since then, but that's not what I had in mind.

My thought was for an 'officially' maintained and updated resource that can be referenced online (and downloaded for use offline if wanted).  That way when whenever you access it online you KNOW it's up to date.

One or two posters have also suggested integrating it into a more versatile 'official' app too, which I think would be a neat idea.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.