Jump to content

KASA- All of NASA's flights recreated in KSP (WIP)


Recommended Posts

 

I am recreating all of NASA's Flights (And a few important ones that came before) in one save game. You will be able to fly any chosen craft, and complete the mission like it was meant to.

This is gonna take forever... ;.;

This will be all stock, no mods required (As much as it pains me... I will not use tweak scale). Starting from the Explorer 1, the first US satellite to orbit the earth, all the way to the present.

Oh crap I am going to have to do 100+ space shuttle missions :mad:

This is still heavily a work in progress. I will release a save to the public when I feel as I have enough content. Probably around 20-30 rockets. Until then I will post pictures of the next few rockets I finish. I would recommending subscribing to this forum to find out when it is updated...

However, some crafts will not be exactly the same, due to KSP restrictions. For example, the Apollo missions (I have a prototype on my main save that I made months ago) will only carry one passenger because of size limits.

Work Schedule

Spoiler

Underline = Currently Being worked on.

Explorer Program 1-5

Pioneer Program 0-2

Project Mercury

Project Gemini

Apollo Program

Space Shuttle program *Shivers*

Project Constellation...?

Explorer 1:

Spoiler

 

Pioneer 1:

Spoiler

n ss

The Thor-Able Rocket used to carry Pioneer 0-2. I did not take pics of the flights as they are all different. It is however possible to get into lunar orbit, even though they are designed to fail.

Little Joe:

Spoiler

This is a general Little Joe flight. It has a boilerplate capsule and was for testing the launch escape system. In this flight however, it was not used.

NEWS:

While planning ahead for my work schedule, I came across project constellation, the cancelled return to the moon, and then onto mars. Do you want that, and other cancelled programs put into the save?

Back from break... I got Subnautica. That explains it all.

Pioneer 0-2 Are finished. Little Joe 1 is also finished. Pictures are here now. Next I am working on Explorer 7x. finishing project Mercury.

 

Edited by MacLeod-Industries
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

Oh crap I am going to have to do 100+ space shuttle missions :mad:

Pray for help, you will need it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Pray for help, you will need it.

 

32 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars! said:

STS will Take forever.

Honestly the hardest part is MAKING the shuttle...

Then I can just copy and paste it 9999999999 and make a "payload" (Hubble telescope should be fun...)

I already have the Apollo rocket design as I did it in my main save, but I have yet to integrate it.

Why does the WORST spacecraft have to have the MOST launches...

1 hour ago, Ourworldalpha1 said:

May the booster gods and Jeb have mercy on your free time:sticktongue:

17 minutes ago, Mad Rocket Scientist said:

Subscribed, looking forward to seeing this.

35 minutes ago, LetsGoToMars! said:

I wanted to do something like this with stock parts and Remake 60's rockets, never got around to it. Glad you are!

Thanks for the support! I will release pictures of the Explorer rocket (hopefully) this weekend.

 

Oh and Jeb will not have mercy on me...

I put him in a space prison in solar orbit further out than Eeloo.

He is gonna hate me after he gets out :sticktongue:

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, are you going to do flights like the X flights (X-15)? Also I counted like 321 missions (most likely more) from Wikipedia so be prepared for a ride. Will go up if you include the plane flights. One more thing, how will you handle the ISS and Souyz-Apollo mission? Will you make rockets for the Russia part of the ISS?

Edited by Dfthu
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dfthu said:

Wow, are you going to do flights like the X flights (X-15)? Also I counted like 321 missions (most likely more) from Wikipedia so be prepared for a ride. Will go up if you include the plane flights. One more thing, how will you handle the ISS and Souyz-Apollo mission? Will you make rockets for the Russia part of the ISS?

Oh boy... 321 thanks for the estimate ;.; xD

I do not think I will do the X flights... I actually had no idea what they were until now :) Correct me if I am wrong, but they were handled by the airforce specifically, not NASA. The only flights I am including from the airforce are ones that were running a space program that were taken over once NASA was founded. I could add them later as bonuses if they are a popular request though.

For Souyz-Apollo... er... I could make the soviet flights already in orbit...

Or just both...

I dunno.

Time will tell!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

Oh boy... 321 thanks for the estimate ;.; xD

I do not think I will do the X flights... I actually had no idea what they were until now :) Correct me if I am wrong, but they were handled by the airforce specifically, not NASA. Time will tell!

From wikipedia "Since 1946, NACA (NASA's predecessor) and, since 1958, NASA have conducted the X-Plane Program." It does seem some planes are for the air force or boeing but some are from NASA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LetsGoToMars! said:

Politix! 

Tru.

1 hour ago, Dfthu said:

From wikipedia "Since 1946, NACA (NASA's predecessor) and, since 1958, NASA have conducted the X-Plane Program." It does seem some planes are for the air force or boeing but some are from NASA.

Ugh more work, I will look into it. Building old rockets  and planes are a pain in the butt as they do not have many diagrams of them.

EDIT: Looked into it... I might just do the ones NASA did, as they did not do all of them, even after it was founded.

Explorer was made before NASA existed and NASA did EVEY one after it. So all explorer missions will be put in.

Edited by MacLeod-Industries
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

Ugh more work, I will look into it. Building old rockets  and planes are a pain in the butt as they do not have many diagrams of them.

EDIT: Looked into it... I might just do the ones NASA did, as they did not do all of them, even after it was founded.

Explorer was made before NASA existed and NASA did EVEY one after it. So all explorer missions will be put in.

Don't worry, once you have a carrier plane to launch it from the X-15 is easy to do. I did it myself about two years ago, using someone else's B-52.

I think doing every single Explorer flight is going to get boring, both for you and your audience, so I would only do one, maaaybe two or three of the most important ones. I would also skip unimportant flights that are essentially repeats of previous ones to keep it exciting and interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Don't worry, once you have a carrier plane to launch it from the X-15 is easy to do. I did it myself about two years ago, using someone else's B-52.

I think doing every single Explorer flight is going to get boring, both for you and your audience, so I would only do one, maaaybe two or three of the most important ones. I would also skip unimportant flights that are essentially repeats of previous ones to keep it exciting and interesting.

Why not? I just have to copy and paste the rocket half the time... and then make minor tweaks

You do realize it is a save file you will download... right?

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

Why not? I just have to copy and paste the rocket half the time... and then make minor tweaks

You do realize it is a save file you will download... right?

Wait... are you actually going to fly the missions or just put the satellites in orbit with Hyperedit or put the rockets on the pad for people who download the save to fly the missions themselves? This is sort of confusing, and it seems like any of these options would involve an enormous load of work if you tried to do every single mission ever launched by NASA.

To reinforce my claim, here is a list of every NASA mission in alphabetical order. Note that each entry may contain multiple missions (for example, there is only one entry for "Apollo"). Because of this I think it would be safe to say that there are at least twice as many missions as there are entries in this list.

Edited by pTrevTrevs
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

wait... are you actually going to fly the missions or just put the satellites in orbit with Hyperedit or put the rockets on the pad for people who download the save to fly the missions themselves? This is sort of confusing, and it seems like any of these options would involve an enormous load of work if you tried to do every single mission ever launched by NASA.

To reinforce my claim, here is a list of every NASA mission in alphabetical order. Note that each entry may contain multiple missions (for example, there is only one entry for "Apollo"). Because of this I think it would be safe to say that there are at least twice as many missions as there are entries in this list.

No no no...

It will be an enormous amount of work though.

I am basically building every rocket and plane ever used by NASA and putting it in one save. You can load the rocket, and launch it and complete the mission. They are sorted by date launched.

EDIT: This is meant to be finished over a long period of time. Of course, I will release a save after I feel like there is enough material, probably around 20-30 rockets.

Edited by MacLeod-Industries
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

No no no...

It will be an enormous amount of work though.

I am basically building every rocket and plane ever used by NASA and putting it in one save. You can load the rocket, and launch it and complete the mission. They are sorted by date launched.

EDIT: This is meant to be finished over a long period of time. Of course, I will release a save after I feel like there is enough material, probably around 20-30 rockets.

Ah, I see. This does seem easier than flying the mission, but you will need to fly the intended mission at least once to confirm that it works.

Again, pray for help.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pTrevTrevs said:

Ah, I see. This does seem easier than flying the mission, but you will need to fly the intended mission at least once to confirm that it works.

Again, pray for help.

Yeah, but I don't mind.

I was getting a little bored with KSP anyways, because I lacked Ideas xD

Now I have something to work on!

Link to post
Share on other sites

So Moho=Mercury

Eve= Venus

Kerbin=Earth 

Duna=Mars

Jool=Jupiter

Eeloo=Pluto

Whats about Neptune,Saturn and Uranus?

Cassini orbits Saturn, the Voyager probes flew by Neptune and Uranus.If I remember correctly

Edited by Dfthu
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dfthu said:

So Moho=Mercury

Eve= Venus

Kerbin=Earth 

Duna=Mars

Jool=Jupiter

Eeloo=Pluto

Whats about Neptune,Saturn and Uranus?

Cassini orbits Saturn, the Voyager probes flew by Neptune and Uranus.If I remember correctly

........................................................................................................................................................

Crap.

I will probably just make it a Jool flyby -_-

New horizons should be fun though!

Link to post
Share on other sites

You should have a look at this thread:

Mulbin was/is probably the best KSP builder I have ever seen on these forums and he made a lot of the rockets you will be making. Take a look and learn from the best!

 He is not building anymore as he is making his own space game now and sim pit!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Majorjim said:

You should have a look at this thread:

Mulbin was/is probably the best KSP builder I have ever seen on these forums and he made a lot of the rockets you will be making. Take a look and learn from the best!

 He is not building anymore as he is making his own space game now and sim pit!

Oh boy.

I think this save will have a lot more crafts... but very similar rockets. The entire point of this save is to overwhelm people... xD

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Dfthu said:

So Moho=Mercury

Eve= Venus

Kerbin=Earth 

Duna=Mars

Jool=Jupiter

Eeloo=Pluto

Whats about Neptune,Saturn and Uranus?

Cassini orbits Saturn, the Voyager probes flew by Neptune and Uranus.If I remember correctly

I've been asking this question myself since I bought the game, back in 0.20.

4 hours ago, MacLeod-Industries said:

........................................................................................................................................................

Crap.

I will probably just make it a Jool flyby -_-

New horizons should be fun though!

You could use the Outer Planets Mod, although it really depends on just how stock you want to go. OPM won't affect the parts used in the craft, and I think people will be able to run the save without it, and you eill be able to send Cassini and Voyager to the proper planets.

Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...