PB666

4 hours ago, vger said:

But... but... I never said the Kraken was malicious. Predatory species just do what they do. :cool:

Its not an issue of it being malicious or not, its that inadequacy to the task  is the overriding principle. Thats putting it quite nicely, seriously put a mission that takes two years that takes 4 times more respurces than most missions and you have scientist in the wings waiting for results all of which use the metric system, and some contractor decides to adhere to an obsolete measurement tradition?

22 hours ago, kerbiloid said:

Next stop - Venus. There definitely shoud be a Gilly.

How about the rest of the Kerbol system's moons we don't have? Here's a list of how we can get them:

1. IKE: Merge Phobos and Deimos together, and put the fusion in a stable orbit around Mars.
  2. GILLY: Change the orbit of 2002 VE68 so that it is captured by Venus.
  3. LAYTHE: Pump a lot of Carbon Dioxide in Europa's atmosphere, and watch it melt.
  4. BOP: Change the orbit of a large Centaur so that Jupiter captures it.
  5. POL: Spray-paint one of Jupiter's minor moons yellowish.

On June 16, 2016 at 10:16 PM, cubinator said:

I think NASA needs to do a sample return from Earth. It's the largest rocky planet, and it is clearly in the Sun's habitable zone. I think it's a great candidate for life, especially since it appears to have liquid water on it's surface and a thick atmosphere with oxygen. 

There might be life but certainly no intelligent life.

There is a famous and highly deserving character in Ancient Greek mythology: king Minos.

He's dad of Ariadne, step-dad of Minotaurus, owner of Labyrinth, king of Crete, and just an amazing and creative guy.

Though, he's not a god, so he's much lesser than a Moon and other gods company. He's lurking besides the sea.in his Knossos palace. As 2016 HO3 is and does.

He's Minoan.

So, it would be absolutely reasonable to name this (moonino? lunino? lunette?) thing — Minos, For friends — Minmus.

I've just learned that scientists have discovered a small asteroid that has been Earth's companion for almost a century. Although it is NOT an Earth satellite (its orbit is similar to ours so it kind of follow us), along its orbit it KIND OF circulates Earth.

Let's see: it's very small and lies WAY beyond Moon's orbit... Can we call it a Minmus analogue?? :sticktongue:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6537

Edited by jlcarneiro

23 minutes ago, jlcarneiro said:

I've just learned that scientists have discovered a small asteroid that has been Earth's companion for almost a century. Although it is NOT an Earth satellite (its orbit is similar to ours so it kind of follow us), along its orbit it KIND OF circulates Earth.

Let's see: it's very small and lies WAY beyond Moon's orbit... Can we call it a Minmus analogue?? :sticktongue:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=6537

Merge.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.